russian armor

UKF Core changes commander Revamp Patch

1 May 2019, 09:20 AM

Updated to version 8.

UKF general faction changes

6 Pounder

6-pounder loses its 50% accuracy bonus versus light vehicles

Universal Carrier

The Universal Carrier is having its upgrades standardized to require the Platoon Command Post. We have also increased the price of Self-Repair so snares that hit the Universal Carrier evenly trade in terms of munitions.

Armor from 7 to 5.8.
Self-Repair cost from 15 to 25.

Bofors
Fixed an issue where the Bofors could not kill aircraft. Chance to down planes is set to 10% per round.
1 May 2019, 09:48 AM

UKF need more nerf

nerf fucking OP tommies

-20% received accuracy bonus -> - 15%

bolster upgrade) can unlock in company comand post

mills bomb) increase cost 25muni -> 30muni, make minimum range 5

1 May 2019, 09:57 AM
Patrion 14

mills bomb) increase cost 25muni -> 30muni, make minimum range 5

I think this would be a good idea. As far as I know there is little or no difference between the ukf nade and the usf nade other than the minimum range, so there seems to be little reason for why it should be cheaper.
1 May 2019, 10:21 AM

Rip universal carrier I guess, WASP was trash enough already.

Maybe we should hit the comet with a few more nerfs while we're at it.
1 May 2019, 10:35 AM

Ah yes. Because the Brits, the least used in all tournaments, clearly need additional nerfs. Why don't we nerf tommies, too, and just bury then completely

Can't have any too effective units! Never mind that those units are propping up a faction full of holes with no proper indirect, awful emplacements, easy hard counters, need 100fu invested for AA, etc. Etc. Etc.
1 May 2019, 10:37 AM

Ah yes. Because the Brits, the least used in all tournaments, clearly need additional nerfs. Why don't we nerf tommies, too, and just bury then completely

Can't have any too effective units! Never mind that those units are propping up a faction full of holes with no proper indirect, awful emplacements, easy hard counters, need 100fu invested for AA, etc. Etc. Etc.

Heh, it would be nice after three years to have Bofors fixed to actually kill aircraft.

But apparently shaving off a few more nerfs in an already underused and anaemic unit is more important :S
1 May 2019, 11:04 AM

Heh, it would be nice after three years to have Bofors fixed to actually kill aircraft.

But apparently shaving off a few more nerfs in an already underused and anaemic unit is more important :S

For sure! Gotta make sure snares 'trade fairly'

While the UK are still unique in starting without an engineer squad and without vehicle crews that do it free

And the snare still does damage and engine crits which prevent the UC chasing anything and take it out of the fight to self repair

And Panzer Tactitian still costs less than Button

Good to know this is their priority, and not the 0 damage to planes Bofors!
1 May 2019, 11:38 AM

The self-repair cost increase sounds fair, compared to faust cost, but I think the cost should be decreased to 15 munitions once it reaches vet 2, otherwise it becomes completely unviable once Royal Engineers hit the field.
1 May 2019, 12:54 PM

I don't see a reason to pick vickers upgrade for UC now that they both are tech locked.

Wasp is superior one here and only reason vickers was picked was because it could arrive early.

It will not get soft-removed if it'll stay locked behind T1 as frankly, there is not a single reason to get it over WASP now.
1 May 2019, 13:26 PM

I don't see a reason to pick vickers upgrade for UC now that they both are tech locked.

Wasp is superior one here and only reason vickers was picked was because it could arrive early.

It will not get soft-removed if it'll stay locked behind T1 as frankly, there is not a single reason to get it over WASP now.

I agree that locking the Vickers upgrade behind T1 was not a needed change. IMO, it's the timing of Bolster that should've been looked at, instead of the UC. There are however still good reasons to choose the Vickers:

- 15 munitions cheaper than WASP.
- Soft counter to light vehicles like the Kubel, 221/223, 250.
- Turns it into a mobile suppression platform for 10 muni, great for kiting squads that want to faust.
- Far longer range (allow UC to stay more safe).
- Better against moving squads.
- Similar performance against squads in the open at vet 0, better once it gets vet 2 (accuracy bonus).

Ofcourse the trade-off is worse performance against cover.
1 May 2019, 14:11 PM

While the UK are still unique in starting without an engineer squad and without vehicle crews that do it free

And the snare still does damage and engine crits which prevent the UC chasing anything and take it out of the fight to self repair

Good to know this is their priority, and not the 0 damage to planes Bofors!

I'm sure you'll get used to the changes and survive. Most real players do.
1 May 2019, 14:15 PM

I agree that locking the Vickers upgrade behind T1 was not a needed change. IMO, it's the timing of Bolster that should've been looked at, instead of the UC. There are however still good reasons to choose the Vickers:

- 15 munitions cheaper than WASP.
- Soft counter to light vehicles like the Kubel, 221/223, 250.
- Turns it into a mobile suppression platform for 10 muni, great for kiting squads that want to faust.
- Far longer range (allow UC to stay more safe).
- Better against moving squads.
- Similar performance against squads in the open at vet 0, better once it gets vet 2 (accuracy bonus).

Ofcourse the trade-off is worse performance against cover.

+1
UC Vickers behind tech was weird
1 May 2019, 14:18 PM

Rip universal carrier I guess, WASP was trash enough already.

Maybe we should hit the comet with a few more nerfs while we're at it.

You can get T1 before you hit the munitions to buy a Universal Carrier upgun. This only hurts the quadruple Infantry Section Bolster build.

The Vickers has a longer range, fires on the move and doesn't replace the stock Bren.

Keeping the WASP firing at infantry with snares while protecting it from snares is a fair bit harder than doing the same with the Vickers.
1 May 2019, 14:38 PM

I agree that locking the Vickers upgrade behind T1 was not a needed change. IMO, it's the timing of Bolster that should've been looked at, instead of the UC.

+1 While UC can be fairly oppressive in the early game early Vickers at least delays healing and has a shorter window of opportunity before 222s or Raketens(if not preemptively built) hit the field. Delaying Vickers just further closes that window. Meanwhile early Bolster just snowballs HARD as you lose consecutive infantry engagements and AEC shuts down LV counters. The salt in the wound is that only way your infantry scales to match is munitions which I feel doesn't ramp up as fast compared to a 35 fuel early investment that pays itself off with better map control.
1 May 2019, 14:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Big mistake with UC changes.

UC change is an indirect buff to OKW and UC will be used even less as T0 unit.

Nice design. :D
1 May 2019, 16:51 PM

There is a huge difference between (munitions) trades early game and trades in the mid to late game.
1 May 2019, 17:03 PM

There is a huge difference between (munitions) trades early game and trades in the mid to late game.

Does the repair fix the engine if the UC doesn't go back to full health?

Otherwise it's not even trading: a snared UC isn't going anywhere until it pulls off multiple repairs.

I'd much rather replace it with a Soviet-like crew repair that fully heals the unit, even if it costs more and takes longer.

1 May 2019, 17:05 PM

Both Guards and Panzer Tactitian arrive at 2cp

You can reslistically float a little and bring out squads as your 4th built unit as soviets if you don't want conscripts and can tolerate 2 maxim/mortar starts
1 May 2019, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 17:03 PMLago

Does the repair fix the engine if the UC doesn't go back to full health?

Otherwise it's not even trading: a snared UC isn't going anywhere until it pulls off multiple repairs.

I'd much rather replace it with a Soviet-like crew repair that fully heals the unit, even if it costs more and takes longer.

Im 99% certain it does fix the engine no matter what.

1 May 2019, 17:17 PM

Im 99% certain it does fix the engine no matter what.

If it is meant to, I have seen it bug out, and been left wkth engine damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment