Login

russian armor

NEW COMMANDER PREVIEW - 7.0 version

10 May 2019, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2019, 22:41 PMMaret

If cons support who will be carry role of mainline SU infantry? If we have support we always have damage dealer or ADC (if use RPG words). Penals, but they tough enough and don't need squishy cons. Who need in that case cons that only one way that they could work with penals it's Merge? I prefer build 3 penals and try to survive for t-70 than play in russian roulete with maxims and cons.
Give cons normal nades instead of these stupid bottles with hot water and ppshs non doc. Upgrade with 7-th man we could put in commanders instead ppshs. Then we will see cons in game. 7-th man upgrade in T4 it's too late

I think the 7 man upgrade Cons should come earlier also. I think its kind of a bit too late. Maybe should become available after 1 or 2 bases built. Last base is a bit too long until you can get upgrade, but we will see.

If you would like PPSH for Conscripts non-doc, I think the best alternative then for Conscripts is to have the "Oraah" ability removed or revamped. The combination of having PPSH and Sprint ability would just be a ridiculous combination.

I think reasons why it is not available the upgrade option by default is due to that fact. I would not mind having the PPSH becoming available but they would have to change the "Oraah" for balance purposes I believe. 2 PPSH for Conscripts for starters 60 ammo would be nice.
10 May 2019, 08:53 AM

What are your sources?
A random bum on supermarket parking lot?

They are getting an upgrade.
We'll see if its enough.

If that knowledge is on comparable level to knowing how ost works, then sorry, you don't.

Check your history books. Do you know "The Great Purge" during the period of Stalin's Totalitarian Regime. Read it. Guess you do not know what you are talking about do you! What impacts it had on the army and possible effects it may have had under the Second World War.
10 May 2019, 09:36 AM

Does someone know how other commanders will get affected by this?

For example:
- Does the dozer sherman from mechanized doctrine now also get a WP shell?

- Does Rifle company now also get their flamer replaced with Rifle Grenades for REs and get "Fire Up!"(horrible ability!) replaced with Cover to Cover?

- Does the IL-2 strafe from Advanced Warfare tactics get replaced with the Rocket Strafe (~~ this is just a recommendation as the normal IL-2 strafe is really trash)

- Do the Spec Ops recon flares (OKW) get replaced with a 251 recon halftrack call-in (please we need this :snfPeter: )

etc etc
10 May 2019, 10:09 AM

Check your history books. Do you know "The Great Purge" during the period of Stalin's Totalitarian Regime. Read it. Guess you do not know what you are talking about do you! What impacts it had on the army and possible effects it may have had under the Second World War.

You confused high ranked officers with line troops.
Get back to your books and this time make sure you read them past the title.
10 May 2019, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 10:09 AMKatitof

You confused high ranked officers with line troops.
Get back to your books and this time make sure you read them past the title.

Here is evidence.

http://blogs.bu.edu/guidedhistory/russia-and-its-empires/ethan-hartshorn/

Purges and the Red Army

A comparison of the lives and dictatorships of Stalin and Adolf Hitler, the portion of this book (roughly pages 490-500) which deals with the purges is highly informative, listing stats directly related to the purge of the Red Army Officer Corps. It lists in detail the how many of the top officers in the Soviet Military structure were removed from power (all but 4 of the 29 most powerful officers were deposed) as well as overall numbers of officers permanently dismissed during the purge in 1937 and 1938. Importantly gives perspective on just how badly the Red Army was crippled by Stalin’s actions at this point.

Who else trains the army?

10 May 2019, 11:33 AM
Patrion 14

Does someone know how other commanders will get affected by this?

For example:
- Does the dozer sherman from mechanized doctrine now also get a WP shell?

- Does Rifle company now also get their flamer replaced with Rifle Grenades for REs and get "Fire Up!"(horrible ability!) replaced with Cover to Cover?

- Does the IL-2 strafe from Advanced Warfare tactics get replaced with the Rocket Strafe (~~ this is just a recommendation as the normal IL-2 strafe is really trash)

- Do the Spec Ops recon flares (OKW) get replaced with a 251 recon halftrack call-in (please we need this :snfPeter: )

etc etc

I don't have any special insight, but some answers seem straight forward

- I don't think so, the wp round, unlike the armour and the new hp buff to the upgrade, will probably be exclusive to this commander.

- The flamer is very unlikely to be replaced. It fills a different role and there is no problem with it. They are not changing other commanders, so 'fire up' is unlikely to be replaced or fixed (despite my lobbying ;) )

- Doubt it since they are not changing other commanders.

- See above.
10 May 2019, 18:42 PM

Yeah, first do something really unique and useful, and then just totally nerf it is Relic tradition. A canister shot could have all the same 50 meters but be temporary for ammunition.

Yeah, calling in anti tank guns that were almost cheaper to call in again instead of reinforcing to obliterate machine guns and infantry were pretty useful. Stupid ostheer and OKW players should have learned to adapt
10 May 2019, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 18:42 PMKoRneY

Yeah, calling in anti tank guns that were almost cheaper to call in again instead of reinforcing to obliterate machine guns and infantry were pretty useful. Stupid ostheer and OKW players should have learned to adapt

Of course, a great deal about the OP of canister, only I do not see the M-42 in games, only one and a half people in the forum use it in the game. Because the M-42 is still locked in one good commander and one in a mediocre one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★