Login

russian armor

NEW COMMANDER PREVIEW - 7.0 version

3 May 2019, 11:16 AM

Solid changes.

I'm curious as to why the Vickers K change was reverted though? It seemed sensible.
3 May 2019, 11:17 AM

does someone have the numbers for the new pathfinder veterancy requirements? :foreveralone:

I have no idea what the numbers are exactly, but they should be similar to Grenadiers requirements now. That would be about a 35% increase, which sounds like a lot, but Pathfinder requirements were ridiculously low (at the level of engineer units).
3 May 2019, 11:34 AM

Version 8.0 KOTH update

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/284733#Comment_284733

Tournament mode is known to have a bug with the dummy picks (some commander abilities from the dummy pick commander are kept) which should be hotfixed later today.

What do you mean exactly by the "dummy pick commander"?
3 May 2019, 11:39 AM

What do you mean exactly by the "dummy pick commander"?

Observer Mode Update
Mod team has added observer mode functionality in preparation for this weekend's King of The Hill special
  • Added "New Commanders Tournament (VPC)" mode which uses a dummy commander pick to fix observer bug.
  • Both players will need to select a dummy commander as soon as the game starts. They will then be able to select new commanders.

Basically players just randomly pick one of their regular commanders to activate the abilities bar for the observer mode, and then everything resets and they can use the menu to pick the new commander. This was done because observer mode otherwise wouldn't have been able to see any of the new abilities, which would've made casting and showing off in KOTH pretty hard.
3 May 2019, 11:40 AM

Gotcha, alright.

I guess my retarded question came up because I didn't know about the new patch notes.
3 May 2019, 14:44 PM

UC nerf is completely unnecessary.
3 May 2019, 15:10 PM

I like how the New Commander mod has decided to buff Ost units, try to improve some Soviet core ones, and then out of the freaking blue has nerfed the universal carrier of all units.

Nothing else for brits. Barely touched the commander itself. Just slap out a nerf on a core unit.
3 May 2019, 16:06 PM

USF
Pathfinders
- Now start on initial cooldown.
- Cooldown from 18 to 20.

Any clue what this actually means, they already made it so you can't call-in one straight away, isn't this mostly redundant then?
3 May 2019, 16:44 PM
Donator 11

USF
Pathfinders
- Now start on initial cooldown.
- Cooldown from 18 to 20.

Any clue what this actually means, they already made it so you can't call-in one straight away, isn't this mostly redundant then?

The cooldown at start was true for IR Pathfinders but not Airborne Pathfinders.
3 May 2019, 17:20 PM

oh and I dont know if its too late already for "new ability" suggestions but what about a triple bazooka package for rangers that costs 120 mun?

Not only that it's very cost effective, but it will also teach the playerbase that rangers have 3 instead of 2 weapon slots :D Few weeks ago I even told Hans that Rangers have 3 slots and he replied "nah come on aerafield, Rangers have 2 slots. You are trolling me here" lol
3 May 2019, 17:33 PM

The cooldown at start was true for IR Pathfinders but not Airborne Pathfinders.

Thanks for clearing that up.
3 May 2019, 17:39 PM

3 zooks ranger... hmm interesting.
But not zuper zooks, isnt it?

Edit: In general 3 weapon upgrades for rangers, seems an interesting concept. They will really outperform any other infantry hands down, but at a very high cost. I mean VERY high muni cost (maybe reduce drop rates of weapons a little bit too)
3 May 2019, 23:16 PM

oh and I dont know if its too late already for "new ability" suggestions but what about a triple bazooka package for rangers that costs 120 mun?

The idea was discarded because of the role overlap with Support Paratroopers.
3 May 2019, 23:33 PM

3 zooks ranger... hmm interesting.
But not zuper zooks, isnt it?

Edit: In general 3 weapon upgrades for rangers, seems an interesting concept. They will really outperform any other infantry hands down, but at a very high cost. I mean VERY high muni cost (maybe reduce drop rates of weapons a little bit too)

It is Super Zooks. You need to tech Racks and throw down 150 munitions to get them, but they'll be one of the best AT squads in the game if you do.
5 May 2019, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
I like how the New Commander mod has decided to buff Ost units, try to improve some Soviet core ones, and then out of the freaking blue has nerfed the universal carrier of all units.

Nothing else for brits. Barely touched the commander itself. Just slap out a nerf on a core unit.

Brits are the strongest faction right now. Nothing can stop a bolstered brit blob right now.
5 May 2019, 16:13 PM

Brits are the strongest faction right now. Nothing can stop a bolstered brit blob right now.

Brits were the weakest faction couple of months ago.
The ONLY things that changed since are:
-AT nade on sappers
-WEAKER brens

There is a certain logical flaw in that statement of yours.
5 May 2019, 16:20 PM

-AT nade on sappers
-WEAKER brens

Name a faction that wouldn't become the weakest if you stripped out all its snares.
5 May 2019, 17:04 PM

-AT nade on sappers
-WEAKER brens

You are severely underestimating the indirect effect of snares on Sappers, which has made the Brits' early game viable without having to rush the AEC, which now gives them room to bolster squads before getting it. And bolstered Infantry Sections stomp Axis infantry in the early-mid game, giving good map control and manpower bleed. It has made the UKF super competitive.
5 May 2019, 22:29 PM

Permanently Banned
I see plenty of games where Brits don't get brens. And the brens are cheaper to compensate. Brens are optional, ie. the cherry on top of the cake. Bolster however is almost always a 5min upgrade.

Before Brits getting snares, you can try to cheese the Brits with LV, you only have to keep one unit in check, AEC. With snares, suddenly the 6pdr is a lot more threatening. And plenty of players get more than one sapper squad which remain a good bargain (even after nerfs) at 210mp while being much better than just 5% stronger than pios despite being 5% more expensive.
6 May 2019, 09:15 AM

Putting aside Brit faction, what you do guys think about new Dshk? Thanks to new changes (higher arc of fire) it's super effective in certain maps and can deal even with ostheer lights which makes it quite hard to counter. With new conscript changes new Dshk spam may return like in old days.

I personally think the arc of fire could stay but unit itself should have 5 model squad to compasate their performance
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 635

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak