Your opinion of suggestion 3 changes:
Option Distribution Votes
60%
40%
Total votes: 46
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 Apr 2019, 02:17 AM
Patrion 14

The USF Mechanised commander is one of the strongest choices in 1v1 and 2v2 and can be rather hard to counter due to the early dodge car, the strength of cav riflemen and the lack of snares early game.

The commander also has an unprecedented amount of abilities and units combined within a single commander.

With this in mind, I would like to suggest a few simple changes, that should make it easier to deal with the commander and bring it more in line with others.

1) remove the vehicle crew from the dodge car: this will not affect how strong the unit it, but it does however mean that if it is sufficiently damaged by small arms, that it will be out of combat longer since it loses its ability to repair itself giving the other faction some respite.

2) lock the thompson upgrade for cavalry riflemen behind 2 or 3 cps: at 1 cp with thompsons cavalry riflemen are too strong especially when within the doge car. This change will delay their thompsons by tying them to a cp requirement.

3) remove the dozer blade upgrade: with the new commander this upgrade becomes rather strong and should be one of the standout features of the new commander and not another ability within mechanised. Mechanised players are unlikely to miss the upgrade since it is rarely used in its current state.

Edit: I thought the poll would allow multiple choice :/ If a mod could help, that would be great.
26 Apr 2019, 02:38 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Will edit poll

EDIT: better?
26 Apr 2019, 02:45 AM
Patrion 14

Will edit poll

EDIT: better?

Yes, thank you very much and sorry for the extra work :)
26 Apr 2019, 02:50 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yes, thank you very much and sorry for the extra work :)

np, happy to help

Yeah I don't know what to do with cav rifle thompsons. They're just a weird unit that has a little bit of everything but become really OP in clown car. Think the car just needs to get beat with the nerf bat. Like that car should easily be worth 250MP. Cheaper than the kubel currently.

I currently hate the buff to dozer blades in the notes, so yeah removing them is an A-OK from me but i'd say that has nothing to do with mechanized.
26 Apr 2019, 03:00 AM
Patrion 14

Yeah I don't know what to do with cav rifle thompsons. They're just a weird unit that has a little bit of everything but become really OP in clown car. Think the car just needs to get beat with the nerf bat. Like that car should easily be worth 250MP. Cheaper than the kubel currently.

I think with just the grease guns they are a lot more manageable. By delaying the thompson upgrade to the point when other call-in infantry (3 cps) with that upgrade would be able to enter the field, they should be less dominating. That combined with the removal of the vehicle crew should make everything a lot easier to deal with since the dodge is easily enough damaged by small arms, the issue is that it is back too fast due to self repair. If it has to drive to the RE however, more time passes giving the other player more time. I haven't really thought about a cost increase to be honest, but maybe that is also an option, but the changes should already make a difference.
26 Apr 2019, 04:22 AM

Honestly, just make the Dodge unable to carry infantry. It should be used to counter builder units and the Kubel and to capture territory, it doesn't need to be a combat unit in my opinion. Otherwise, I think everything else about the commander is fine at the moment. This would indirectly nerf the Cav Rifles and the changes that have been proposed for the dozer blades will be a nerf as well which should make the commander more balanced overall.
26 Apr 2019, 05:49 AM

What about hiding the Thompson upgrade behind weapon racks? Delays teching then but still allows for earlier aggressive LV play.
26 Apr 2019, 06:07 AM

3) remove the dozer blade upgrade: with the new commander this upgrade becomes rather strong and should be one of the standout features of the new commander and not another ability within mechanised. Mechanised players are unlikely to miss the upgrade since it is rarely used in its current state.

I use the upgrade in its current state allot. I find that being able to survive an extra shot is very helpful since it reduces the chance to be destroyed by 2 ATG/TD allot.

The Dozer in MOD are simply OP making the Sherman superior to PzIV and completely overshadow the Sherman Dozer especially with WP shell.

In the end of day it is far better design to move Dozer to Urban and Easy8 to Armor.

The dodge car also does not need mark target and off map arty.

Most of these issues where razed during revamp preview.
26 Apr 2019, 19:08 PM

If you delay the thompson upgrade on cav rifles no one will use them then we are back to boring rifle spam. They do not scale well they have to be potent early on or by the time they get tommys they will be worthless and be dropped like flys trying to get into tommy position. Good players easily know how to counter them and will hand your ass to you. Could the dodge cost a bit more yes probably a little fuel would be alright. Other than that again its pretty easily countered and if you mess it up you will get your ass handed to you and small arms do considerable dmg to it. Okw is a little weaker at first vs it but not really they can afford to spam a 4x volk start and t0 invisible at gun dodge cant be everywhere at once. Its a cheese strategy that only works on dummys to be honest good players will shut it down pretty quickly.

Its a strong commander with a lot of options but not op please dont call for nerfs on a commander just because its viable or we are back to nothing but heavy armor every freaking game almost. I never use mortar ht with his commander or reg sherman with dozer. Mortar ht just delays fuel to get to the real prize which is rushing the up gun sherman. Dont use reg sherman because when you have multiple shermans its a pain in the ass to micro the reg shermans rounds a long side the upgunned sherman changing its rounds.

Dont really see a problem with the dodges late game abilitys its not easy to keep that thin alive if you do its more of a kudos to you type of thing.
26 Apr 2019, 19:40 PM

I think if you remove the vehicle crews from dodge truck then you can balance it out with a UC self repair type ability. That way you force the USF player to either use a RE or burn munitions to keep it repaired and applying pressure (which in turn delays Thompsons). That way you nerf the insane Calvary Dodge combo without completely making it useless with good micro.
26 Apr 2019, 21:41 PM

Don't really see an issue with this commander. I play mostly team games and it pretty average.

I'd hate to see it nerfed for the sake of the 1v1 community.
27 Apr 2019, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 21:41 PMGrim
Don't really see an issue with this commander. I play mostly team games and it pretty average.

I'd hate to see it nerfed for the sake of the 1v1 community.

But the 8 players there call the shots! It doesn't matter that the game will not be an esport and that the vast majority of the base plays team games
27 Apr 2019, 02:01 AM

If you put the Thompsons behind racks and the satchel behind Vet 1, you could probably safely make them CP0.
27 Apr 2019, 02:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2019, 02:01 AMLago
If you put the Thompsons behind racks and the satchel behind Vet 1, you could probably safely make them CP0.

That's an interesting idea. I like it but I think dodge + cav rifles as first two units would be rather OP since you'd basically be able to chase down and guaranteed wipe a unit immediately even with just the grease guns since they still have pretty respectable DPS at point blank.

I disagreed with #1 mostly because the thing comes unarmed and costs only marginally less than the kubel, which has its own weapon by default and the fastest repairing unit in the game backing it up, and the UC, which has crew repair for muni and a weapon by default. Dodge is also doctrinal.

Honestly, I think the best solution for the dodge is to make it unable to carry infantry but give it the .50 by default and increase cost to like 280 (because it has solid DPS). That way it goes from a cheesy wipe machine to a legitimate harassment unit and scout more like the jeep from Coh1.

I honestly don't have any opinion on #3. I don't really use the bulldozer upgrade that much, mostly because I actually like 76 shermans (I know that's an unpopular opinion lol).
27 Apr 2019, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2019, 02:01 AMLago

Satchel behind the grenade tech I think instead of vet just so they can be safely replaced. It also adds the dynamic of added fuel cost in a commander designed around lots of vehicles. Plus an option for a purchased snare instead of one earned by vet for usf is a nice change as well..
27 Apr 2019, 11:34 AM

Satchel behind the grenade tech I think instead of vet just so they can be safely replaced. It also adds the dynamic of added fuel cost in a commander designed around lots of vehicles. Plus an option for a purchased snare instead of one earned by vet for usf is a nice change as well..

The idea is the Cav Rifles don't have the Vet 1 star, you can bully them with light vehicles. Grenade tech works too, but you'd never know if they have it or not.

Honestly, I think the best solution for the dodge is to make it unable to carry infantry but give it the .50 by default and increase cost to like 280 (because it has solid DPS). That way it goes from a cheesy wipe machine to a legitimate harassment unit and scout more like the jeep from Coh1.

After thinking about it, I agree.

Mechanized can still clown car about, but it needs to use the M3 now.
27 Apr 2019, 11:43 AM
Patrion 14

This is a good idea. Without the dodge car being able to carry infantry, the issue with cav infantry and their weapon upgrade also resolves itself since they are mostly problematic when within the clown car. They might have to look at some of the mobility stats (e.g. turn rate) and adjust them to help it perform its new role better.

Mind if I take this suggestion and update the first post, so that people don't have to read through everything?
27 Apr 2019, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2019, 11:34 AMLago

The idea is the Cav Rifles don't have the Vet 1 star, you can bully them with light vehicles. Grenade tech works too, but you'd never know if they have it or not.

After thinking about it, I agree.

Mechanized can still clown car about, but it needs to use the M3 now.

Yeah that'd make the M3 a lot more useful now too.

This is a good idea. Without the dodge car being able to carry infantry, the issue with cav infantry and their weapon upgrade also resolves itself since they are mostly problematic when within the clown car. They might have to look at some of the mobility stats (e.g. turn rate) and adjust them to help it perform its new role better.

Mind if I take this suggestion and update the first post, so that people don't have to read through everything?

By all means, that'd be great. I'd love to see that change because I'd much rather it be a scout/fire support type unit than clown car copy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★