Login

russian armor

Reserve New Dozers

Make the newly improved Sherman Dozer Blade upgrade exclusive to Urban Assault Company?
Option Distribution Votes
26%
74%
Total votes: 19
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Apr 2019, 20:25 PM

In the most recent update to the Commander Mod, the Dozer Blade upgrade for the Sherman had an armour boost added. This turns it into a pretty nice upgrade package in its own right.

With its value increased, should it be removed from Mechanized? It runs the risk of overshadowing the 76mm Sherman, and Mechanized already has a really strong early game.

It's also a better thematic fit for Urban Assault.

Thoughts?
18 Apr 2019, 21:48 PM

No.
The Regular Sherman already overshadows the 76mm when it comes to AI anyway so.
18 Apr 2019, 21:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I really hope it's just my poor memory but doesn't dozer blade give an HP boost to 720 as well? If so this upgrade is just hilarious.

The powercreep in the last 6 months has been hilarious aswell. Like what even happened to the pershing: best heavy tank ingame with insta wipe automatic fire at vet 3. That shit used to be the king of USF meta. The unit wasn't even touched by the nerf bat but it's probably not even top 3 commanders for USF anymore.

Meanwhile tactical support is dying in the corner LUL
18 Apr 2019, 22:05 PM

I really hope it's just my poor memory but doesn't dozer blade give an HP boost to 720 as well? If so this upgrade is just hilarious.

Wording might indicate the HP buff was replaced by armor.
18 Apr 2019, 22:10 PM

Pretty sure it puts them on par with the 105 Sherman now.
At least, that's what it should do now, improve armor and HP.
18 Apr 2019, 22:15 PM

The powercreep in the last 6 months has been hilarious aswell. Like what even happened to the pershing: best heavy tank ingame with insta wipe automatic fire at vet 3. That shit used to be the king of USF meta. The unit wasn't even touched by the nerf bat but it's probably not even top 3 commanders for USF anymore.

Meanwhile tactical support is dying in the corner LUL

Lol true, more powerful stuff keeps coming
19 Apr 2019, 08:07 AM

I think they're trying to create a Sherman Jumbo, without making a Sherman Jumbo lol.
19 Apr 2019, 08:21 AM

The unit is simply OP. It cost less than Panzer H while being both superior in AI and AT.

It also superior to original Dozer.

Simply replace the ability with Dozer and move on.
19 Apr 2019, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 08:21 AMVipper
The unit is simply OP. It cost less than Panzer H while being both superior in AI and AT.

We might give the upgrade a manpower / fuel cost instead of munitions partly because of this and partly because the commander is already very munitions heavy. That will put the cost at OKW P4 level, which matches its new performance.
19 Apr 2019, 08:48 AM

We might give the upgrade a manpower / fuel cost instead of munitions partly because of this and partly because the commander is already very munitions heavy. That will put the cost at OKW P4 level, which matches its new performance.

No it is superior to Panzer H and OKW PzIV.

Similar armor, more HP better AI and better AT. I would argue it more cost efficient than Dozer also especially with the WP rounds.

Simply replace with Dozer.
19 Apr 2019, 08:52 AM

I think they're trying to create a Sherman Jumbo, without making a Sherman Jumbo lol.

If that's the goal is stupid..Jumbo is litterally a Sherman with some casted 30mm and 20mm armor plates welded...you can hardly tell the difference anyway.

Just call it Jumbo..
19 Apr 2019, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 08:48 AMVipper
No it is superior to Panzer H and OKW PzIV.

Similar armor, more HP better AI and better AT.

Easy 8 is 380mp / 140fu and completely dominates OKW Panzer IV which costs about the same. It's okay for doctrinal units to be better than stock units and force specific counters. The M4's "better AT" is neglectable (or arguably worse) because Axis tanks have higher armor values by default.

M4 with dozer for 40mp / 30fu would cost the same as Easy 8 with same armor and effective HP while being slower and being (a lot) worse at AT, but having a bit better AI instead.
19 Apr 2019, 09:39 AM

Easy 8 is 380mp / 140fu and completely dominates OKW Panzer IV which costs about the same. It's okay for doctrinal units to be better than stock units and force specific counters.

Easy8 is a great tank in poor commander. From a "commander design point of view" creating a equally tough medium in a better commander will simply riflemen company even less attractive.

I also compared the new Sherman with doctrinal Panzer H and it superior to it although cheaper.

From a balance point of view the unit must be compared with benchmark which is OSther PzIV.

The M4's "better AT" is neglectable (or arguably worse) because Axis tanks have higher armor values by default.

Not really because it superior to Ostheer PzIV and it will beat it 1vs1. In addition with Smoke and WP shell it can counter ATGs forcing Ostheer player to go Stug and forcing them to attrition defensive play which can be won with the Calliope.

M4 vs PzIV
Ostheer 55%/67%/78%
OKW 100 43%/51%/60

PzIV vs M4 upgraded
51%/55%/65%

The Sherman has far better chance to penetrate than Ostheer PzIV, if you take into account moving accuracy is far better AT.

M4 with dozer for 40mp / 30fu would cost the same as Easy 8 with same armor and effective HP while being slower and being (a lot) worse at AT, but having a bit better AI instead.

The comparison of dozer with Easy8 is completely irrelevant, compared with the new Sherman the Dozer is also less desirable. Not only the new Sherman comes earlier and it as durable but the new Sherman is a good in AI if not better with WP shell and far superior in AT.

There is absolutely no reason from diversity point of view or balance point of view to buff the dozer blades and there many reason against it.

If one want to see more medium tanks used by USF one has to simply lower the efficiency of the M36 vs mediums. If one want a tougher tank for the Commander one has to only move the dozer to this Commander.
19 Apr 2019, 09:43 AM

Looks to me like Easy 8 with weaker gun.
19 Apr 2019, 10:11 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

+80 HP (from 640 to 720)
-15% speed
-5% acceleration
and armor since itteration 5.0

IOW it becomes M4A3(105) "Sherman" without (105) and with WP shells. Now i started to think about replacing this ability with regular M4A3(105)...
19 Apr 2019, 11:22 AM

Easy 8 is 380mp / 140fu and completely dominates OKW Panzer IV which costs about the same. It's okay for doctrinal units to be better than stock units and force specific counters. The M4's "better AT" is neglectable (or arguably worse) because Axis tanks have higher armor values by default.

That sounds like it's turning into a better Sherman 105. Same armour, same bulldozer, different gun. All that visually separates them is a slightly thicker, stubbier turret on the 105.

Maybe you could make the upgrade mutually exclusive with the .50 cal so you can add the Advanced Emplacements fortification symbol to it? That'd make it very obvious it's an uparmoured Sherman.
19 Apr 2019, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 11:22 AMLago

Why not just replace it with the 105 Bulldozer at this point? This is starting to turn into a Sherman Bulldozer with normal Sherman rounds, which is visually very confusing.

Mechanized too.

yeah but they wanna buffy version of sherman which can also fights tanks which 105mm Dozer simply can't. As A_Soldier said it's the attempt to make sherman Jambo. I guess to avoid visiual confusing 105mm Dozer could get a default skin like Command Panther or Tiger Ace has.

I don't think this upgrade can be compared Easy8. Unit even if it has similar HP and armor is way slower. It's like comparing Churchill and Comet. Two diffrent units with diffrent roles. Dozer upgrade can acually in longer run well synegy with jaksons.

Anyway i feel like Dozer upgrade is becoming really strong therefore it should:
- price increase
- be more stand alone ability and Assualt kit should be moved and merged with RE grenade.
19 Apr 2019, 11:55 AM

If they moved the uparmouring upgrade to the 76mm Sherman instead then they've practically made a Jumbo.

They're visually really similar.
19 Apr 2019, 12:36 PM
Patrion 26

Switching it from ammo to fuel sounds like a good move.
19 Apr 2019, 12:52 PM

I made a visual mockup of the upgrade icon idea. It's the Improved Fortifications symbol from Advanced Emplacements, so it's already in the game.

It does mean you couldn't get a .50 cal on an uparmoured basic Sherman, but that might not necessarily be a bad thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★