Login

russian armor

Suggestion - Small Soviet Defensive Tactics buff

Does Soviet Defensive Tactics needs some love? Do you want to see small buff for him in the next patch?
Option Distribution Votes
74%
9%
17%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
13 Apr 2019, 12:00 PM

Hello,

I'm 100% sure that a lot of people like new commander patch, but especially, buffs for the underpowered ostheer units like panzergrenadiers and ostwind.

Here's my suggestion, can we slightly buff the most rare and underpowered commander for the soviets?

Let's be fair, this is one of the most underpowered commanders for the soviets in the game. Without any real late game ability, nearly every other commander is better than him thanks to the tanks, elite infantry, better abilities...

Also this commander doesn't really feel like a "defensive" commander, it feels more like a commander with every type of support weapon as a call-in and nothing else.

Here's my suggestion to buff him a bit along with the ostwind, stug, and pgren buffs:

Merge PMD-6 mines and Tank Trap abilities into one, and make it 0 or 1 CP

(You need 2 CP to make tank traps and mines? No thanks)

Give new defensive-oriented ability into empty slot

I have few suggestions:

152mm Howitzer would give him some real late-game ability, furthermore, it fits into "defensive" feel of this commander.

Just tell me, what would fit more into this commander if not FHQ? Urban defense commander would be still better thanks to the kv-2, shocktroops, and booby trap ability, and giving FHQ to the defensive tactics would be very nice altenartive.

And if for some strange reason you don't think that howitzer/FHQ is a good idea for this commander, booby trap territory ability would also fit this commander nicely.

I hope you liked it, feel free to share your feedback, thanks in advance :luvDerp:

13 Apr 2019, 12:05 PM

I would merge light mines and tank traps and give it the forward assembly. Since the rework it is a decent defensive option.

I would honestly swap one of the unit unlocks for an ML-20. Rather than just being a 100% Tier 2 replacement it can bring something mid game. Probably the 120mm, to avoid stacking the indirect too hard
13 Apr 2019, 12:05 PM

If balance team is too busy at the moment with the commander patch and doesn't have time for this commander, then please at least make tank traps 0 CP and mines 1 CP, thanks in advance :snfCHVGame:

#DefensiveTacticsLiveMatter
13 Apr 2019, 12:35 PM

M42 already got buffed and dshk will get buffed soon. It will be a solid doctrine I think, esp. in 1v1

Only the tank traps are garbage
13 Apr 2019, 13:26 PM

An MG nest would be a pretty good addition if you ask me. Maybe combined with the Tank Traps.
16 Apr 2019, 12:51 PM
Patrion 26

It would be nice if the PMD-6 mines actually were built like a small minefield, like the Ost mines.
That would make them more useful.

Perhaps combine tank traps with the mine unlock and give them an ISU-152 to act as a mobile AT gun.
16 Apr 2019, 13:23 PM

I voted for the alteration of this commander because he is very poorly designed - all abilities are 2 CP. My opinions:
- combine mines and anti-tank barriers into one ability, make mines like the German mine field.
- DShK-38, allows you to build DShK and DShK machine-gun nest.
- M-42, I still do not see the point if ZIS-3 is better. It can be done by IPTAP ZIS-3 anti-tank stance with sub-caliber projectiles.

- in this commander there is no great ability requiring ammunition, I mined the entire map and accumulated about 1000 ammunition at the end of the round.
16 Apr 2019, 13:27 PM

It should get mg emplacements for 3CP similar to most other defensive tactic commanders they get emplacements of some kind, it has voice files for the soviets in the files and everything
16 Apr 2019, 13:30 PM

It would be nice if the PMD-6 mines actually were built like a small minefield, like the Ost mines.
That would make them more useful.

Perhaps combine tank traps with the mine unlock and give them an ISU-152 to act as a mobile AT gun.

If I am not mistaken( i am yet to play that commander), those PMD-6 work same way as tank hunters mines, 10 munition per piece and have same damage as one tile of wermacht mines with huge suppersion. So i think they would overpreform if changed into wermacht-esque pattern. Leave them as they are, they are fine addition.
16 Apr 2019, 13:33 PM

- M-42, I still do not see the point if ZIS-3 is better. It can be done by IPTAP ZIS-3 anti-tank stance with sub-caliber projectiles.

check the replay:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/88258/m-42-gun-cancer
16 Apr 2019, 13:42 PM

IMO this commander shou look like this:
-Combine tank traps, PMD6 mines, and PMD6M AT mines (from AT commander) into a single ability.
-Move it to CP1.
-Add ISU-152 into to fill the empty slot.
16 Apr 2019, 14:02 PM

Mg nest will be good
16 Apr 2019, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2019, 13:33 PMVipper

check the replay:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/88258/m-42-gun-cancer

Exactly, if one person spammed it means that it is useful. M-42 is so useful that I don’t see it in the game.
16 Apr 2019, 14:44 PM

Exactly, if one person spammed it means that it is useful. M-42 is so useful that I don’t see it in the game.

It is being used even from high ranking players. It is cost efficient unit if not OP.

And it better than zis vs fast moving targets like light tanks and armored cars.
16 Apr 2019, 15:27 PM

M-42 is very good now, I use it regularly in team-games and love it.

It's particularly nice as a stop-gap when the LV rush begins.

It's AI rounds are also very good, especially against team weapons or in supporting a flamer/penal squad.

On topic, I also would merge tank traps (which are meh) with the mines, and add in something extra for a "late game option" -- perhaps KV-8 or Guards (get it, defensive, hur hur).

I think right now this commander really is a "I want Penals but also want tier-2, kind of" and it sort of works in that way, but is more gimmick than not. With the upcoming DSHK buff, it may see some use again, since all three call-in units will be useful.

I don't think the change should be drastic, but something to either use up munitions (incendiary artillery?) or to work with in late-game.
16 Apr 2019, 19:24 PM
Patrion 26

A Soviet commander that gets bunkers would certainly be very unique and fun. Maybe merge the mines & traps together and include bunkers, as an engineer defense package.
Then add an ISU-152 in the last slot.

16 Apr 2019, 19:44 PM

A Soviet commander that gets bunkers would certainly be very unique and fun. Maybe merge the mines & traps together and include bunkers, as an engineer defense package.
Then add an ISU-152 in the last slot.

I think this is rather ridiculous, I believe that each faction should be able to build defensive structures without doctrine (only the Soviets can't, OKW can build 37-mm HQ + 20 AA and a machine gun bunker with doctrines) and anti-tank traps without doctrine.
16 Apr 2019, 20:05 PM
Patrion 26

I think this is rather ridiculous, I believe that each faction should be able to build defensive structures without doctrine (only the Soviets can't, OKW can build 37-mm HQ + 20 AA and a machine gun bunker with doctrines) and anti-tank traps without doctrine.

You can thank Relic for that. It is awkward when the base defences are destroyed and can't be rebuilt.
16 Apr 2019, 21:06 PM

I agree with the most of the posts here that the PMD-6 Antiinfantry mines and the Tanktraps should be combined in a slot (maybe even with a soviet bunker model if it isn't too cheap) but the new/last slot shouldn't be filled with an howitzer as that would be too similar too the heavy mortar which already exists and neither with a strong ability that can be gamedeciding (for example IS-2, ISU-152, KV-2 or Forward Headquarter), because the other slots of the doctrine namely the m42 and dshk got/will get buffed soon. A fitting addition for the doctrine migth be the KV-1 with a reworked Vet1 ability like the old self-hulldown idea or the inspire vet1 from the other tanks of the Kliment Voroshilov series.
18 Apr 2019, 15:57 PM
Patrion 26

Fingers crossed Relic allow the community to improve some other commanders, especially given how successful the previous commander changes have been.

This would certainly be one that needs attention.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★