Login

russian armor

why Rangers dont have any utility skill?

14 Apr 2019, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 17:19 PMblancat

OK

lets make same thing

obers - delete all skill without bundle grenade, add 1 lmg more

fair?

simple is best, isn't it?

Yup, ultra fair XD
14 Apr 2019, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 23:28 PMblancat

UKF commando regiment have OP doctrinal smoke skill but commando have smoke nade too

Well If most agree I dont se why Rangers can't have smoke nade. Its up to the community I guess
16 Apr 2019, 04:43 AM

I dont think that rangers pure stats make up for their lack of skill after removal of damage reduction. If adding smokes is unacceptable what about adding an offensive skill like tactical assault. It fits the characterastics as a close combat unit and a high risk-high return mechanism.
16 Apr 2019, 06:45 AM

is it just me or cav riflement come out earlier and do pretty much the same thing as the rangers? I kinda prefer to have AT satchel rather than a normal nade.
16 Apr 2019, 09:20 AM

I dont think that rangers pure stats make up for their lack of skill after removal of damage reduction. If adding smokes is unacceptable what about adding an offensive skill like tactical assault. It fits the characterastics as a close combat unit and a high risk-high return mechanism.

The damage reduction was not simply removed, it was substituted by a target size reduction.
Ranger should nearly as tough as they where vs small arms fire.

They remain one of the units that is harder to hit with small arms fire having access to 4 of the best weapons in game plus an extra weapon slot, while they have become cheaper to buy and reinforce.
16 Apr 2019, 17:10 PM

I'd gladly trade away that third slot for the damage reduction.
Picking a BAR with them often means that if you drop 2 models, the BAR will be on the ground, simply not worth it.
16 Apr 2019, 17:24 PM

I do like the idea of Rangers with Zooks (similar to Paras). Or we can have Rangers plant mines?
16 Apr 2019, 23:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I do like the idea of Rangers with Zooks (similar to Paras).

Only '90s kids will remember

I'll admit I would have preferred Rangers get some sort of ability/passive which calls to mind their real commando intents, but that's probably too long gone form possibility at this point.
17 Apr 2019, 00:44 AM

I do like the idea of Rangers with Zooks (similar to Paras). Or we can have Rangers plant mines?

An alternative upgrade for rangers would be sweet, but as you point out it would overlap quite a bit with support paras. I'm down with it, but we don't need it so we probably won't get it
30 Apr 2019, 02:32 AM

I still prefer the idea of nerfing their weapon slot from 3 to 2 in return for

1. Equpped with thompson from the start (take 1 weapon slot)

or

2. Give them tactical assult ability when upgraded with thompsons

or

3. Make rangers available at 2cp.
30 Apr 2019, 03:25 AM

What if rangers are able to toggle in/out AT zooks? Like sturmpios can swap minesweeper and Stgs. The only restriction should be a single AT upgrade. A thompson upgrade could be added too. The result is a very flexible (borderline OP) squad and very expensive, so squad preservation is vital and thats where smoke call ins are useful.
30 Apr 2019, 09:59 AM

What if rangers are able to toggle in/out AT zooks? Like sturmpios can swap minesweeper and Stgs. The only restriction should be a single AT upgrade.

Such a strong close combat unit shouldn't be able to destroy light vehicles and fend off tanks without loosing a big part of its AI power (because of toggle). That are units we don't want to have ever again (-> old OKW Volks blob). I do like the decision of giving them an upgrade of 3 superbazookas. That way you have a very potent AT squad that is on par with double shrek squad (less penetration while facing mostly better armoured targets but 300 vs 240 damage on penetration makes up for that). On the other side they sacrifice their AI power nearly completely. I do think thats the way it should be.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★