Login

russian armor

Feedback for New Commander mod 4.0 - OST core changes

PAGES (14)down
14 Apr 2019, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 11:25 AMVipper

look nice good work. But there is also a observation tower in game. I guess one could add both options.

You mean that huge monster building? ^^

Beside, I also think the unit is kind of confusing. I would like the idea of give it a Radar-Modus like UHU.

I also wish:
- Tiger-Ace gets a normal Skin
- tank-commander of Tiger-Ace and Commando-Panzer-4 get their cover animation removed, so they stop beeing meerkats.
- StuG-3-G gets the MG-Shield removed, arrives when MG is upgraded.

Extra: tanks in spear-head-modus and in hull-down should get a range indicator.

ALSO: M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage should get fixed its gun. The shell is way too fast for a unit, should be more like StuG-E.
14 Apr 2019, 11:49 AM

You mean that huge monster building? ^^

Yep but it could an option so a player can decided if one want to invest so much in Bunker or get a weaker building with no garrison. (currently the tower can be garrisoned as far as I remember)

Beside, I also think the unit is kind of confusing. I would like the idea of give it a Radar-Modus like UHU.

I also wish:
- tank-commander of Tiger-Ace and Commando-Panzer-4 get their cover animation removed, so they stop beeing meerkats.
- StuG-3-G gets the MG-Shield removed, arrives when MG is upgraded.

Extra: tanks in spear-head-modus and in hull-down should get a range indicator.

ALSO: M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage should get fixed its gun. The shell is way too fast for a unit, should be more like StuG-E.

Actually I would try 2 fire modes one direct firing at small alnge with smaller range and one indirect with higher angle and longer range.
14 Apr 2019, 11:54 AM

I also wish:

Ahh, yes, we found a potential voter. :snfMarcus::snfMarcus:

Have you considered making your contribution to this thread? https://www.coh2.org/topic/89274/discuss-please-remove-the-camo :romeoPls:
14 Apr 2019, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 11:49 AMVipper

Actually I would try 2 fire modes one direct firing at small alnge with smaller range and one indirect with higher angle and longer range.

Wonderful idea, like it. I tried something else with leIG18 and Panzerwerfer some years ago, worked fine.

I also see, that you don't have a building-Animation for new soviet tent. Osinyagov ask me some weeks ago to look at this unit. I made a small version, improvised animator.

Add some dust-animations and it looks very authentic.
14 Apr 2019, 12:25 PM

Ahh, yes, we found a potential voter. :snfMarcus::snfMarcus:

Have you considered making your contribution to this thread? https://www.coh2.org/topic/89274/discuss-please-remove-the-camo :romeoPls:

SURE I will vote! THX
14 Apr 2019, 12:29 PM

Wonderful idea, like it. I tried something else with leIG18 and Panzerwerfer some years ago, worked fine.

I also see, that you don't have a building-Animation for new soviet tent. Osinyagov ask me some weeks ago to look at this unit. I made a small version, improvised animator.

Is it possible to add some camouflage skin to bunkers or some camouflage net? Usually static defenses are camouflaged.
14 Apr 2019, 12:32 PM

4 SVT for 45 mu are very strong...
14 Apr 2019, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 12:32 PMVipper
4 SVT for 45 mu are very strong...

Compared to...?
Look at G43s and BARs.
14 Apr 2019, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 12:29 PMVipper

Is it possible to add some camouflage skin to bunkers or some camouflage net? Usually static defenses are camouflaged.

By using the blue-print without any extra enities there is only the option with the capping and the netting.
While the netting is used to indicate the MG-upgrade. I used the capping on my obervation bunker model, but on winter-maps it will stay green, so also not optimal.

If there are some blue-prints of nettings it is possible to lay them over the buildings, sure. But I don't know if there is a good model.
14 Apr 2019, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 12:38 PMKatitof

Compared to...?
Look at G43s and BARs.

Word of advice:
Stop asking for chewed food.
Load the game, play the game and test MOD, then post in the forum, about things you have actually tried....

Until then have a nice day.
14 Apr 2019, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 13:19 PMVipper

Word of advice:
Stop asking for chewed food.
Load the game, play the game and test MOD, then post in the forum, about things you have actually tried....

Until then have a nice day.

You believe they are very strong, because soviets.
I believe they are no longer underpowered compared to G43s and BARs.
Hence I'm asking, they are very strong, compared to what?
14 Apr 2019, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 13:55 PMKatitof

You believe they are very strong, because soviets.
I believe they are no longer underpowered compared to G43s and BARs.
Hence I'm asking, they are very strong, compared to what?

4 stv on cons, when stv are penals stv, actually surpass both g43 and bar upgrade dps while being cheaper. So yeah, compared to pretty much anything, they are very strong.
14 Apr 2019, 14:17 PM
Patrion 26

It works absolutely fine as an argument. You just think of it in terms of expected value. If 10% of the time it takes a tiger down to maybe 5% health as in the video (some 1000 damage), 20% of the time takes a tiger down to half, and 60% of the time does around 30% to a tiger, and 10% hit terrain and does nothing entirely, then you just use that information. It will usually do moderate damage, and sometimes hit terrain, but can occasionally high roll and absolutely destroy tanks. While I would prefer the outcomes be more uniform and the numbers be tuned more (I personally think it should be pretty usable against infantry/weapon teams) its a 100 muni ability, and as such is relatively spammable. Those sorts of outcomes are about what I would except for a 100 muni ability.

Don't forget that to have a chance of it actually hitting a tank, you need to basically stop the tank from moving.
Which means either blocking it with a tank, or ramming it. So it's 100 ammo plus the cost of whatever you have to use to block/stop the tank.
14 Apr 2019, 14:44 PM

Here's a chart that compares total dps of grenadiers, G43 grenadiers, conscripts and SVT conscripts.

The SVT upgrade seems to buff the dps of cons at all ranges, most noticably at long range, making it more comparable to the 5 men grenadier upgrade. I'd say it's definitely worth it.

I'll make a chart that compares SVT cons, LMG grens, G43 grens and 5 men grens next, for whose interested.

Mind the following:
- The data comes from coh2db.com/stats and was taken at intervals of 5 range.
- The G43 upgrade also provides interrogation and better moving dps.
- SVT conscripts have 4x SVT and 2x Mosin, G43 grenadiers have 2x G43 and 2x kar98.
14 Apr 2019, 14:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

- Grenadiers get a better accuracy bonus with vet, while conscripts get a better RA bonus with vet.

Both get 40% acc with vet, dont they?
14 Apr 2019, 15:03 PM

Interesting to see the damage chart for the SVT cons vs grens

I'm not sure how I feel about the panzergrenadier changes as them coming out earlier doesn't exactly solve the core issue the unit finds itself in. I find it hard to justify getting them with their price along with the very harsh bleeding & reinforce time which keeps them out of the fight for quite some time.
14 Apr 2019, 15:04 PM

Imo observation bunker, soviet FRP and 223 should come all in line and the mini map info should be a timed ability and not always on.

Flares could also see MU cost reduction since OKW/UKF flares are more cost efficient.
14 Apr 2019, 15:09 PM

Here's a chart that compares total dps of grenadiers, G43 grenadiers, conscripts and SVT conscripts.

The SVT upgrade seems to buff the dps of cons at all ranges, most noticably at long range, making it more comparable to the 5 men grenadier upgrade. I'd say it's definitely worth it.

I'll make a chart that compares SVT cons, LMG grens, G43 grens and 5 men grens next, for whose interested.

Mind the following:
- Grenadiers get a better accuracy bonus with vet, while conscripts get a better RA bonus with vet.
- The data comes from coh2.org and was taken at intervals of 5 range.
- The G43 upgrade also includes interrogation and better moving dps.

Great work, thanks for taking the time to providing the info.

The charts make it quite clear that the weapon upgrade is not "bad" or even bellow average.

Do they even have SVT weapons for all infatry squads available or are there be some squad holding invisible weapons?
14 Apr 2019, 15:37 PM

Both get 40% acc with vet, dont they?

You are right, I even see conscripts get an additional +10% accuracy at vet 3, according to numeral veterancy mod. I might have to make a vet 3 chart too.
14 Apr 2019, 15:43 PM

You are right, I even see conscripts get an additional +10% accuracy at vet 3, according to numeral veterancy mod. I might have to make a vet 3 chart too.

Where do you get the information of those charts?
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS