Login

russian armor

Feedback for New Commander mod 4.0 - OST core changes

PAGES (14)down
14 Apr 2019, 19:55 PM

I have read this somewhere else and I liked the idea, so:

What about, instead of adding a reconnaissance bunker to Ost, give the 222 access to such an upgrade? Maybe make it cost 100/10 and then it can call in Recon flares and all this stuff

Wouldn't that just be Riegel Mines 2.0 ?
14 Apr 2019, 20:02 PM

What about removing old Tiger and replace all versions with new Tiger-Ace, but give it a MG-gunner instead of the commander.

So we can use the version with tank-commander for OKW version, to give it a more special look.
14 Apr 2019, 20:18 PM

Wouldn't that just be Riegel Mines 2.0 ?

What does a recon package have to do with riegel mines?
14 Apr 2019, 20:42 PM

What does a recon package have to do with riegel mines?

I mean putting a pretty good commander ability on a single unit that not all people use (as with Riegel Mines on 251), which then might end up almost never getting used.

What do you think about making the Observation Post 150-200MP, Ostheer wooden bunker durability, big sight range (~60) but with Pathfinder Beacon-like camouflage (and the timed recon/flare abilities)?
14 Apr 2019, 20:52 PM

What do you think about making the Observation Post 150-200MP, Ostheer wooden bunker durability, big sight range (~60) but with Pathfinder Beacon-like camouflage (and the timed recon/flare abilities)?

I like that one, tho if it's camouflaged, it should get a big radius on when it gets spotted, e. g. 20m
14 Apr 2019, 20:53 PM

I mean putting a pretty good commander ability on a single unit that not all people use (as with Riegel Mines on 251), which then might end up almost never getting used.

222 is arguably much more useful (and used far more often) than a 251 though. for just 200(?) mp 30 f you get a ultralight counter that can harass inf, and later on its very good AA and having a recon callin would just make it even more worthwhile. I'd much rather have recon than have to make bunkers that are probably just going to get torched or zooked constantly. Path beacons are good because they're free.
14 Apr 2019, 21:43 PM

I've tested the OKW commander time and time again and still don't see the appeal of panzer commander. It worked as part of elite armor because combined with heat rounds and the other abilities made panzers and panthers more versatile. Here you have global sprint and smoke so both previous ideas (offensive package and infrared stgs) had good synergy with the rest of the doctrine. Idk maybe its just me but I really liked IRstg obers assaults with tactical movement and supported by smoke. Panzer commander here is used mostly on the tiger and like tightrope said in many scenarios the mg is just better.
14 Apr 2019, 22:20 PM

Permanently Banned
I gotta thank the balance team for the changes to the Ost units. The Stug changes are perfect. It's fine offensively, but survivability was a major issue. Pgrens look amazing now. I hope the Ostwind is actually buffed this time. I've been most critical of their chronic neglect of Ostheer and I must give praise for where it is due.
14 Apr 2019, 22:47 PM

I gotta thank the balance team for the changes to the Ost units. The Stug changes are perfect. It's fine offensively, but survivability was a major issue. Pgrens look amazing now. I hope the Ostwind is actually buffed this time. I've been most critical of their chronic neglect of Ostheer and I must give praise for where it is due.

I said it somewhere before and I say it again: Changes to Stug were made in comparison to much higher cost T4 tank destroyers (tech+individual cost). When you really want to pit the survivability of the Stug against T4 units then give M10 same treatment please.
M10 fills in the same spot as Stug and has similar problems. It is more mobile, but its survivability is even worse (less armor and a size of 22).
So directly pit M10 against reworked Stug please, as you implement it at the new UKF doctrine.
14 Apr 2019, 23:29 PM
Patrion 26

Why don't you test the US commander with the 76mm sherman as well as dozer blade upgrade?
It's not going to instantly turn it into a godlike commander, but it will make it much more viable and useful.

Or even the easy8, so that there is one decent commander with the easy8.

I really don't get what you're worried about, considering one of the new Axis commanders has a much better medium tank and a tiger ace, on top of everything else that commander provides.

ddd
14 Apr 2019, 23:34 PM

Why don't you test the US commander with the 76mm sherman as well as dozer blade upgrade?
It's not going to instantly turn it into a godlike commander, but it will make it much more viable and useful.

Or even the easy8, so that there is one decent commander with the easy8.

I really don't get what you're worried about, considering one of the new Axis commanders has a much better medium tank and a tiger ace, on top of everything else that commander provides.

Because apparently this community belives that rocket artillery + medium tank would be broken, but only for usf.

Heavy tanks + rocket artillery + elite infantry is fine for other factions tho.
15 Apr 2019, 00:08 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 23:34 PMddd

Because apparently this community belives that rocket artillery + medium tank would be broken, but only for usf.

Heavy tanks + rocket artillery + elite infantry is fine for other factions tho.

There doesn't seem to be any logic to the thought process with these commanders:
The OKW commander is a wet dream for 3v3/4v4, new shrek blobs that have AT mines and a universal sprint ability, and tiger for the late game.
But instead of seeing how OP that is they are instead trying to make the other commander ability as useful as possible.

Meanwhile the SU and US commanders are weak in late game and the UK commander is just ok, but the team seem to be fine with that.
Even with a 76mm the US commander would still be weaker than most meta axis commanders.

15 Apr 2019, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 16:05 PMddd
USF commander still weak, boring and barely sticking to its own theme. Only "urban assault" thing it got was last bundle of flame nades and wp shells, seems balance team understood they picked urban assault commander without urban assault capabilities.
Obligatory "usf didnt need urban assault commander, it has armor and rifle companies" comment.

Do you remember there was a poll to choose wich USF commander will be added into the patch, right?
15 Apr 2019, 00:43 AM

Maybe he voted for the other option.
Like I did.
15 Apr 2019, 00:44 AM

I certainly voted the other option, but a poll its a poll.
15 Apr 2019, 00:56 AM

The OKW commander is a wet dream for 3v3/4v4, new shrek blobs that have AT nades/mines and a universal sprint ability, and tiger for the late game.

Mainly playing 3vs/4vs4 AT with friends for the fun of it. This unit will be maximum annoying. It was such a good day as the Volk Shrek blob died. Big games really got better afterwards. And now it will get even worse. Really?

There have to be other ways, change it before you release it. Just give them a double bazooka or piat instead and all will be balanced ;-P
15 Apr 2019, 00:58 AM

Mainly playing 3vs/4vs4 AT with friends for the fun of it. This unit will be maximum annoying. It was such a good day as the Volk Shrek blob died. Big games really got better afterwards. And now it will get even worse. Really?

There have to be other ways, change it before you release it. Just give them a double bazooka or piat instead and all will be balanced ;-P

No offense but, Why dont you just play the mod and give feedback based on experience rather than opinions?
ddd
15 Apr 2019, 00:58 AM

Do you remember there was a poll to choose wich USF commander will be added into the patch, right?

Yes i remember, one option being commander that got voted in, second option a bunch of commander proposals from different people with different units each. One even had pershing BUT there was specified that calliope will be in either of voted commanders.

So whats the point of the vote at all?
15 Apr 2019, 01:01 AM

Ad populum. Just because a bunch of people believe something doesn't make it true.

IMO it could be a good commander but as it stands everything in it is really mediocre with the exception of rangers. Calliope is really meh offensively and is still the most expensive rocket arty, rifle molotovs are overpriced and tied to nade tech (I'd like if they unlocked with 2 officers or 1 officer and the officer sidetech), and echelon rifle nades are just ok. I'd much rather pick literally any other doctrine USF has to offer because at least all of them have a couple things that are worthwhile.
15 Apr 2019, 01:01 AM

No offense but, Why dont you just play the mod and give feedback based on experience rather than opinions?

Just no time (work/kids). We are playing just some games a week. But I played from the beginning and I look into the updates and do some posts from time to time. Volks blob was bad enough. I can imagine what this blob looks like, especially because i'm not playing at top200. And below that you will see this nearly every game at 3vs/4vs4. This will be really a rich game in variety after this patch.
PAGES (14)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS