Login

russian armor

how to fix the american population exploit?

9 Apr 2019, 03:54 AM

in case you don't know, the Americans can jump out of there tanks lower there popcap, buy more units and jump back in, so they can have up to something like 50-60 population over the limit. i know this isn't a easy problem to fix since this mostly effects 4v4 late game and the tanks themselves cost population, but i was thinking what if the tank cost 0 population, and the crew cost all the population? or maybe have the tank be like the old UKF trench, so jumping out doesn't decrease population? anyway what do you guys suggest on how to fix this, because this is the only faction that can exploit population and i think it should be fixed soon.
9 Apr 2019, 04:02 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Don't hold your breath, the "feature" is a staple for USF
9 Apr 2019, 07:02 AM

Acceptance is the first and only step.
9 Apr 2019, 07:08 AM

Unless they can try and figure out how to tie the pop cap to the abandoned vehicles which will need to be done engine side by the programmers themselves the only other option is removing it entirely which I highly doubt.
9 Apr 2019, 07:19 AM

Some truth.

It was reported in the WFA beta.

It was a feature then, it is a feature now.
9 Apr 2019, 07:29 AM

if it is an okw "feature" u would open 1000 threads and whining about it
9 Apr 2019, 07:50 AM

"how to fix the american population exploit?"

Start a civil war.
9 Apr 2019, 09:18 AM

"how to fix the american population exploit?"

Start a civil war.

Good one
9 Apr 2019, 09:30 AM

I think topic starter should play more USF and after 30 games return here and tell us how often he/she could abuse it .

This is the first step to start.
9 Apr 2019, 09:44 AM

so they can have up to something like 50-60 population over the limit. i know this isn't a easy problem to

I really need to see that replay.
9 Apr 2019, 09:52 AM

To be honest that exploit looks good only on paper
9 Apr 2019, 09:56 AM

so they can have up to something like 50-60 population over the limit.

I'll address this, because it is critical.

If something like that is happening, you've lost the game within first 2 minutes, you just didn't knew about it.

Putting absolutely zero pressure on US opponent is to the point where he can baselock you within first 5 minutes and not concede for the next 30 is the only way that's possible.
9 Apr 2019, 10:11 AM

In 1v1 and 2v2 if you or your opponent has been able to reach the point where so much supply has been stockpiled then the game is already over(as mentioned above). While its more common in 3v3 and 4v4 the only times I've seen it get to the +50/60 pop level is again when the allied team is swimming in resources as a result of strong map control and is heavily indicative of a one sided game.
9 Apr 2019, 10:50 AM

The only solution would be for USF to somehow retain ownership of decrewed vehicles.

That'd create a whole suite of other problems.
9 Apr 2019, 11:12 AM

You can barely reach 110/100 pop cap as USF, 50-60 is impossible. I have tried various builds and i can't get more than that. Each faction has a specific way to repair its armor, so i don't see where's the problem with USF. OKW gets auto repair with the mechanized HQ (or whatever the name of the building is).
9 Apr 2019, 11:14 AM

Guys, do you really think that this is the real reason why you sometimes lose against USF?
And that it happens so often that it should get higher priority than other issues?

I am by no means against you discussing this stuff, just trying to be rational.
9 Apr 2019, 12:08 PM

A little notice just in case: AI never captures your disembarked vehicles unless dedicated crew dies or you swap vehicles and crews. So AI sees somehow the connection between a crew and a vehicle. Anyway, as stated here and a thousand times before - it's not a bug. But e.g. Relic was ok about demo+mine combo damage boost and it get fixed when community put it hands on patching so who knows, maybe one day they will fix this not-a-bug too.
9 Apr 2019, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2019, 12:08 PMHater
A little notice just in case: AI never captures your disembarked vehicles unless dedicated crew dies or you swap vehicles and crews. So AI sees somehow the connection between a crew and a vehicle, so as the probably fix could use that. But, as stated here and a thousand times before - it's not a bug.

Or AI is simply missing the script line to attempt to take over vehicle that is abandoned for reason other then abandon critical and since CoH AI always was terribad and with exception of SINGLE comp stomper, literally no other comp stomper would complain about it on forums or even go here, it was under the rug.
9 Apr 2019, 12:18 PM

SINGLE comp stomper, literally no other comp stomper

You are wrong from the perspective of finishing the game with a leaver in team. AI never steals you vehicles unlike some careless mate who wants to help you with repairing RMBing it in the wrong moment.
9 Apr 2019, 16:40 PM

Remove the crew

Follow by giving all USF vehicles an ability to:

Self repair and capture territories (activatable at the same time)
(A vehicle that spend 5+ secs under small arms fire in repair mode gets abbandoned, 10+ secs for capping mode)

A new ability for US armor: Transfer- vehicle is reassigned into teammates army

A new mechanic for US armor: If T is pressed at the right time before the vehicle dies, a vehicle crew unit hits the field

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★