Login

russian armor

Easy fixes to existing OKW commanders

10 Apr 2019, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 07:54 AMKatitof

Not sure if sarcasm or not.

I would not touch JLI in "Scavenge". IMO the commander is fine if the Ostwind is reworked.
I would prefer the idea of moving the Ostwind to Luftwaffe doc and give "Scavenge" a "Beutepanzer" like the t-34/76 back.
10 Apr 2019, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 07:54 AMKatitof

Not sure if sarcasm or not.

It wasn't but I can understand how you might think it was haha.
If you get your squads flanked in grenade range by a 6 man assault grenadier squad they are already dead anyway, grenades or no grenades.
10 Apr 2019, 12:25 PM

It wasn't but I can understand how you might think it was haha.
If you get your squads flanked in grenade range by a 6 man assault grenadier squad they are already dead anyway, grenades or no grenades.

The difference would be specialized 8nfantry and replacement core infantry.
Fussies are also long range squad, being able to barrage closing infantry would be super strong.
10 Apr 2019, 13:16 PM

Pussies are also long range squad, being able to barrage closing infantry would be super strong.

They are not, the G43s are a near/mid range and offensive upgrade. Pfussies just happen to have somewhat decent long range DPS because they have six rifles in total, but per rifle the long range DPS on both their Kar 98Ks and G43s is similar to Volks and Grens Kar 98K.
10 Apr 2019, 14:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 07:57 AMSmartie

I would not touch JLI in "Scavenge". IMO the commander is fine if the Ostwind is reworked.
I would prefer the idea of moving the Ostwind to Luftwaffe doc and give "Scavenge" a "Beutepanzer" like the t-34/76 back.

So you want to further give more tools to OKW to stomp other factions and give them a cheap and fast medium tank from soviet roster that is mostly balanced by its poor penetration and gun stats, however since allies lack armor well..yeah. KT/Ele for soviets or british when? maybe panthers? Since thats historically AcCuRaTE
10 Apr 2019, 14:22 PM

Actually Fortifications doctrine is op its like cancer regiment and royal arty regiment in one u can turtle and deny alies fortifications how is it balanced ? Lefh should be replaced with something else like fuzilers. Back me up vipper

+1 this commander is arguably the most frustrating in team games.
11 Feb 2020, 16:24 PM

I think we can agree that "Grand Offensive" is a little bit too strong atm and almost picked in every 1vs1 or 2v2. "Breakthrough" is completely overshadowed by "Grand Offensive" because Pfussies are also available in the new commander.

Here is my Idea:
- Pfussies removed off "Grand Offensive" and replaced by "Brandenburgers" - the german version of commandos.
Members of this unit took part in seizing operationally important targets by way of sabotage and infiltration. These units were also used during the battle of the bulge to create chaos behind allied lines.

(1)Brandenburger Infiltration unit
Infiltrate a target building with a Brandenburger squad. Unit based on Stormtroopers. Uses Stormtrooper visual but have own UI(Brandenburger UI already in the game files)
I try to design the unit a little bit more distinctive to Wehr's stormtroopers.
340 manpower
8 pop
4-man squad
Armed with Kar98k, can be upgraded to MP40 (for free) OR with 2&Infrared StG44 Package (tech needed)
Can use Stielhandgranate (converted truck).
Can use Fuel Scavenge.
Can use Sprint

Neutralizes sectors faster.
Vet 1: Neutralizes sectors faster and increases resistance to suppression.
Vet 2: Increases survivability and rate of fire.
Vet 3: Neutralizes sectors even faster and greatly decreases munitions cost of abilities. Combat expertise also increases accuracy.
Vet 4: Allows squad to move quickly when out of combat, increases rate of fire and increases squad size to 5.
Vet 5: Increases survivability, accuracy and allows squad to heal when out of combat.

Veterancy ideas from
https://www.coh2.org/topic/85213/new-commander-submission-okw/post/721828

"Grand Offensive" would get a unique unit that fit very well to the theme but would not have better mainlines anymore.

"Breakthrough" would be more attractive because it would be the only doctrine that offfers Pfussies.
11 Feb 2020, 17:08 PM

You wanna replace the offensive infantry from a grand offensive doctrine with an ambush unit.

Jesus christ...
11 Feb 2020, 20:03 PM

If anything this is the unit spec ops needs to stay relevant after commandpanther got banished for all the havoc he has done the last years :D
11 Feb 2020, 21:54 PM

They are not, the G43s are a near/mid range and offensive upgrade. Pfussies just happen to have somewhat decent long range DPS because they have six rifles in total, but per rifle the long range DPS on both their Kar 98Ks and G43s is similar to Volks and Grens Kar 98K.

My apologies, they are not a long range squad they are a mid to close range squad that just also happens to be good at range. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone else remember when roles actually meant something? Back when not every squad was good at all ranges and on the move? When a long range squad didn't "just happen to be" Good in close quarters and mid close squads didn't "just happen to" be good at long range too?
I'm thinking guards should get ober stgs instead of mosins so that despite 2/3 of their guns only firing when stationary this pegging them as a static long range squad they might "just happen to be" also good up close and on the move too?

But seriously. Fuck defined roles. The more good at all ranges and on the move squads the better. They used to call coh a tactical RTS but I'd sooner drop the tactics and focus solely on unit cost so we can revive to RTS genre at the expense of this silly niche.
11 Feb 2020, 22:07 PM

My apologies, they are not a long range squad they are a mid to close range squad that just also happens to be good at range. Thanks for clearing that up.

Very misplaced sarcasm. I said they are somewhat decent at long range because of sheer volume of fire from having six models alone. But that is not their role and they are not very good at it, and should generally not be used that way. Obersoldaten Kar 98Ks are pretty good at close range too but that doesn't mean it's an all range squad either.

G43 Panzerfusiliers are not great, not terrible at long range with 11,6 DPS at 35 range, which is not much more than stock Grens and Volksgrenadiers have (around 9), and they will get outtraded by long range focussed squads easily. By comparison double Bren Infantry Sections have 22,5 DPS (maybe a bit less I'm not sure if these Bren stats are the new ones) at 35 range and LMG Grens have 15,7. Obersoldaten and LMG Paras have around 25,5.

For the record I don't like the way Relic has designed most weapon upgrades as no-brainers either, but we're stuck with that now. Panzerfusiliers however are still a close-mid and moving orientated squad that can fight at long range if they have to, but it's far from their preferred engagement range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★