Login

russian armor

NEW COMMANDER PREVIEW - Version 3.0 changes

2 Apr 2019, 20:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Version 3.0 changes

Wehrmacht

Breakthrough Equipment
-Panzergrenadier Satchel Charge removed; replaced by Model 24 Smoke Grenades. Smoke grenade
gain +25% range at veterancy 3 and share a cooldown with Bundle Grenade.
-Satchel Charge added to Pioneer Support Package.

Panzer IV H
-Panzer IV H now available from the HQ; requires either the Support Armor Korp or the Heavy Panzer Korps.

Forward Supply Station
-Replaces Radio Intercept
-Allows conversion of structures for 250 manpower and 30 fuel; adds 6 repair pioneers to converted building and allows infantry to reinforce.
-Requires 1 CP

OKW

Panzer Commander
Due to recent feedback, we are replacing STG 44 package with Panzer Commander.
-Infrared STG 44s now replaced with Panzer Commander; this ability affects the Tiger.

Tiger
-Now requires all trucks converted to be called-in; same as the King Tiger.

Soviets

Airborne Guards
The strafe ability was never intended to be a powerful damage dealer, instead it was meant to be a potent suppression tool that can be quickly called in to halt advancing infantry. Adjustments have been made to heavily reduce its damage.

Oorah has also been removed from the Airborne Guards due to their access to either Smoke or Fire Superiority when appropriately upgraded.

-Veterancy 1 Strafe damage from 5 to 2.
-AOE from 6 to 5
-Strafe AOE distance from 1/1/1 to 0/1/3
-Strafe AOE damage distance from 1/1/1 to 1/0.5/0.3
-Orrah removed.

IL-2 Rocket Strafe
-Damage from 120 to 160 versus vehicles.
-Building AOE damage from 1/1/1 to 0.25/0.001/0.0005 (this will be adjusted, values are temporary to stop ability from hard countering buildings)

Bug Fixes
-Fixed a bug where the wrong weapon was used on the IL-2 Strafe Rocket Strafe.
-Fixed a bug were Infantry Section reinforce cost was set to 35.
-Fixed a bug where the Forward Assembly could not be upgraded with the Forward Retreat Point
upgrade.
-Fixed a bug where Airborne Guards’ Suppression Strafe did not require veterancy 1.
-Fixed a bug where the British M10’s Prioritize Vehicle ability did not function.
-Fixed a bug where the Tiger Ace’s Prioritize Vehicle ability did not function when in Spearhead mode.
-Fixed an issue where the Command Tiger ability failed to trigger

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/comment/284016#Comment_284016
2 Apr 2019, 20:30 PM

"Due to recent feedback, we are replacing STG 44 package with Panzer Commander.
-Infrared STG 44s now replaced with Panzer Commander; this ability affects the Tiger."

Wut ?

And WTF is Elite Armor supposed to mean then ?
2 Apr 2019, 20:33 PM

"-Now requires all trucks converted to be called-in; same as the King Tiger."

Or, we could actually solve the issue of Call in as a whole instead of adding even more discrepancy and differences ?
Like it was actually suggested ?
2 Apr 2019, 20:34 PM

Tiger gets locked behind 4 SWS trucks but IS2 Pershing Command Panther and Ost Tiger are tech-free? Weird.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 20:20 PMnigo

Tiger
-Now requires all trucks converted to be called-in; same as the King Tiger.

Then whats the point of the tiger I? "Sorry OKW, we cant be bothered fixing the KT, here have a slightly cheaper one." Plus does anyone else have their doctrinal heavy tanks locked behind all tech being built?

"Panzergrenadier Satchel Charge removed; replaced by Model 24 Smoke Grenades. Smoke grenade
gain +25% range at veterancy 3 and share a cooldown with Bundle Grenade."

Wasn't this tested some times ago and proved to be problematic ?
2 Apr 2019, 20:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The OST panzer 4 is the "Panzer 4 H", the OKW panzer 4 is the "J" variant. Come on note writers :facepalm:

EDIT: Unless that is of course it's intentional, and the OST p4 is being moved to T0 so it can be used behind both armor buildings. Thus further burying the Ostwind.....
2 Apr 2019, 20:39 PM

"Forward Supply Station
-Allows conversion of structures for 250 manpower and 30 fuel; adds 6 repair pioneers to converted building and allows infantry to reinforce.
-Requires 1 CP"

Then they wonder how to fix brummbar and Panther spam in teamgames
2 Apr 2019, 20:48 PM

The OST panzer 4 is the "Panzer 4 H", the OKW panzer 4 is the "J" variant. Come on note writers :facepalm:

EDIT: Unless that is of course it's intentional, and the OST p4 is being moved to T0 so it can be used behind both armor buildings. Thus further burying the Ostwind.....

To be fair, the only Panzer 4 produced with sideskirt was the H.
And the ost one looks more like an F2 or G
2 Apr 2019, 21:06 PM

"Forward Supply Station
-Requires 1 CP"

Then they wonder how to fix brummbar and Panther spam in teamgames

The solution for that is simple, lock the repair pioneers behind an upgrade.

Ost is always lacking in the repair department.
2 Apr 2019, 21:08 PM

It'll be spammed for repairs alone and just like soviet repair stations, it'll suffer from cost increase.
At least there is a limiting factor here.
2 Apr 2019, 21:09 PM

Rocket strafe is still useless, it needs to be replaced by either bombing run or PTAB, buffing it from 120 to 160 does not change anything about it.

PPSh Guards are straight up bad shocks now, would've been better if smoke grenade was removed and upgrading PPSh gave squad oorah instead

Also 6 man repair station is broken and will be abused to hell and back in team games, especially if one considers amount of goodies commander has on top of it, especially on maps with buttload of stone buildings, soviet ones are brittle and easily destroyed even by infantry
2 Apr 2019, 21:12 PM

"Due to recent feedback, we are replacing STG 44 package with Panzer Commander.
-Infrared STG 44s now replaced with Panzer Commander; this ability affects the Tiger."

Wut ?

And WTF is Elite Armor supposed to mean then ?

HEAT round son, all it matters in Elite Armors are HEAT rounds ;)

Then whats the point of the tiger I? "Sorry OKW, we cant be bothered fixing the KT, here have a slightly cheaper one." Plus does anyone else have their doctrinal heavy tanks locked behind all tech being built?

Yep, i get that people are afraid of call-in Tiger I but it's not as effective unit as command panther. It can be much more effectively counter by tank destroyers etc. That change is gonna make this unit useless

"Panzergrenadier Satchel Charge removed; replaced by Model 24 Smoke Grenades. Smoke grenade
gain +25% range at veterancy 3 and share a cooldown with Bundle Grenade."

Wasn't this tested some times ago and proved to be problematic ?

And how exactly you think that smoke gonna be problematic? Pgrens aren't as close effective as any close range unit. It's currently in wierd spot and it's outplayed by other elite/high cost infantry.

ShockTroops has smoke and it's nothing wrong with them and here it should be ok. Especially that both share cooldown
2 Apr 2019, 21:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 21:12 PMStark

HEAT round son, all it matters in Elite Armors are HEAT rounds ;)

OOF so much for thematically fitting doctrines
2 Apr 2019, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 21:12 PMStark

And how exactly you think that smoke gonna be problematic? Pgrens aren't as close effective as any close range unit. It's currently in wierd spot and it's outplayed by other elite/high cost infantry.

ShockTroops has smoke and it's nothing wrong with them and here it should be ok. Especially that both share cooldown

It was tested as part of the previous patch and the idea was ditched. I don't know why
2 Apr 2019, 21:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

A few notes:

I personally think the tiger only needs to be put into the panzer command hq (flak). The current implementation arrived at requiring all tech structures, but I do hope we end up peeling back some of those requirements, as I said earlier.

I think having the heavy callins require tech is a no brainer. If we could do this for every heavy callin, I imagine it would be the first thing we rush to do (again, just my impression of the groups sentiment). However, it was clearly stated that is not within the scope of this patch. Given this information, I still believe it best to not add another techless heavy call in into the game (I do suppose the kv2 was a mistake in that regard, but given how much of a meme it was, I dont know how tying it to tech would have been received...). I dont think that not being able to fix other issues should mean that we dont fix the issues that we ARE able to fix (or keep from ever being a problem to begin with).

I had passing concerns that panzer commander would be too strong in the doctrine, but I do think it is at least worth trying out in the doctrine. None of the other abilities we tried out in this slot seemed to have really landed after all.

I was fine with the sov rocket strafe being similar to frag bombs (good against infantry, pretty meh against tanks). It seems to still have decent performance against infantry, and should have alright performance against tanks. Im fine with this design too (being mediocre-decent AT and AI), and im sure getting the ability right will just come down to more number tuning.
2 Apr 2019, 21:47 PM

A few notes:
I think having the heavy callins require tech is a no brainer. If we could do this for every heavy callin, I imagine it would be the first thing we rush to do (again, just my impression of the groups sentiment). .

Of course I do agree but it's still better to be no brainer than useless. Requirement to have all 3 trucks will kill that unit and you know that. Why on early i would build all 3 trucks and call Tiger I and not KingTiger? 99% of players in that case would just go only T4 and build simple p4. If it's gonna be behind T4 that honestly would end up pretty interesting. It would be a first heavy tank that could be produced in tier and thanks to that arrive earlier (i would assume it's 0CP).

About ostheer repair station. Can it be also added into the bunker as upgrade just like it was done with soviet forward HQ? Currently it's too much map depended.
2 Apr 2019, 21:55 PM

Give OKW reworked tiger ace!If balance team make OKW tiger call_in like KT
2 Apr 2019, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 21:47 PMStark

Of course I do agree but it's still better to be no brainer than useless. Requirement to have all 3 trucks will kill that unit and you know that. Why on early i would build all 3 trucks and call Tiger I and not KingTiger? 99% of players in that case would just go only T4 and build simple p4. If it's gonna be behind T4 that honestly would end up pretty interesting. It would be a first heavy tank that could be produced in tier and thanks to that arrive earlier (i would assume it's 0CP).

About ostheer repair station. Can it be also added into the bunker as upgrade just like it was done with soviet forward HQ? Currently it's too much map depended.

This. Not one OKW player is going to go for it.

The only way I could possibly see it being viable is if it works akin to a Tiger Ace where its fuel cost is significantly lower with a higher mp cost.
2 Apr 2019, 22:19 PM

A few notes:

I was fine with the sov rocket strafe being similar to frag bombs (good against infantry, pretty meh against tanks). It seems to still have decent performance against infantry, and should have alright performance against tanks. Im fine with this design too (being mediocre-decent AT and AI), and im sure getting the ability right will just come down to more number tuning.

This commander has no endgame, and is looking quite meh compared to other new commanders.
Skillshot plane dealing crappy damage to anything is something nobody would want for soviets especially when alternatives are IS-2 with loiter and ISU with bomb runs, this is gonna be NKVD-tier commander without good offmaps
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★