Login

russian armor

Zis Barrage is broken !

28 Mar 2019, 22:11 PM

I think it's fair to say there's nothing of value left in this thread besides laughing at the OP, at this point.

Yes, the ZiS can do a barrage. It costs MU and does some damage. Hooray.
28 Mar 2019, 22:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised post for attacking another site member.
28 Mar 2019, 23:22 PM

This thread is an affront to even the usual bizarre standard of this forum.

Just wait until OP finds out that mortars don't even have to be in the MG42s LOS to fire at them.....
29 Mar 2019, 02:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 20:12 PMGooby

[OFF-TOPIC]
Just a wild thought: Aforementioned causes frustration, which leads to these outbursts on bad moments, which leads to warnings, which leads to bans.

Would it be sensible to use the same penalization on apparent use of illogicality for whatever reason; e.x: the case on hand.

Penalizing only the symptoms is easier, I give that, but I don't think it'd be terribly hard to penalize the root problem - too.

I disagree that logical inconsistencies and expressing disagreement are the roots of the issue. I understand human beings as creatures capable of making choices--even choices that defy every influence or "trigger" that they are subject to. Thus, I would say that it is the choice of forum users how they would like to respond to illogicality and frustration. I call for forum users to be emotionally mature, in the sense that you can express your own opinions while being considerate of the emotions of others. You could say that this is called "being the bigger person".

As of the writing of this post, the CoH2.org forum has no rules to punish illogicality, nor would I say that CoH2.org should. I would say that punishing illogicality is uncalled for, as it an intellectual fault. Intellectual faults are exposed; moral faults are punished.

If your scientific report ran afoul of the general rules of logic, you would not need to spend time in jail (as if you committed a robbery) for it; your academic peers would simply expose your faults and people would ignore your words (until you have corrected your faults).
29 Mar 2019, 03:08 AM

The whole soviets are broken...i guess the balance team play soviets a lot.
29 Mar 2019, 03:28 AM

I disagree that logical inconsistencies and expressing disagreement are the roots of the issue. I understand human beings as creatures capable of making choices--even choices that defy every influence or "trigger" that they are subject to. Thus, I would say that it is the choice of forum users how they would like to respond to illogicality and frustration. I call for forum users to be emotionally mature, in the sense that you can express your own opinions while being considerate of the emotions of others. You could say that this is called "being the bigger person".

As of the writing of this post, the CoH2.org forum has no rules to punish illogicality, nor would I say that CoH2.org should. I would say that punishing illogicality is uncalled for, as it an intellectual fault. Intellectual faults are exposed; moral faults are punished.

If your scientific report ran afoul of the general rules of logic, you would not need to spend time in jail (as if you committed a robbery) for it; your academic peers would simply expose your faults and people would ignore your words (until you have corrected your faults).

[OFF-TOPIC]
Looking back on my rather hastily written post (hence the "wild thought"), I didn't convey properly the following:
When I said "whatever reason", I didn't add, that i found some of the posts very lazily written, throwing disagreements without much thought (yes, I see the irony to-a-degree too here..), even to the point of saying something blatantly illogical to just hold ones opinion; arguably to a level of intent being clear, hence being moral fault.

>>> Anyways, this is getting long, so if you got better things to do or find this topic not stimulating, just safely ignore it. <<<
In the improbable case of opposing, let's continue in this wild roller coaster of thought!

I wholeheartedly agree with you, in the topic of one being responsible for ones emotions and their effects, however in the grand scale of human interaction, I prefer to use more of a statistician-view, rather than how things should work. Hence these things happen, can we make them more improbable to happen? Hence the quality of post policing, which would make the forum more readable, in the trade-off of more grey-area policing.

And on the reference of scientific work analog: Not quite sure, if there's penalties there for continued bad work (as you're certified to do proper work, it'd make sense.) or not, but the system would face the same problems as forums in this regard; signal-to-noise ratio going down, peers having to shovel through more shit to get to the gems, maybe even throwing in the towel in the process.

29 Mar 2019, 08:45 AM

Probably the Zis barrage damage need to be toned down.
It is supposed to be useful for forcing support weapons and camping infantry squads to move , not one shot infantry squads or double shots support weapons. With a lower damage Zis barrage must be fine.
29 Mar 2019, 12:14 PM

Permanently Banned
It is supposed to be useful for forcing support weapons and camping infantry squads to move , not one shot infantry squads or double shots support weapons. With a lower damage Zis barrage must be fine.

+1
29 Mar 2019, 12:27 PM

It was toned down already by quite a lot.

And it doesn't one shot anything that isn't
1) stationary
2) close in front of it
3) clumped up hard
29 Mar 2019, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 12:27 PMKatitof

It was toned down already by quite a lot.

And it doesn't one shot anything that isn't
1) stationary
2) close in front of it
3) clumped up hard

I see more squad wipes from Zis than from a mortar in high ranked games, i don't think this is a good concept. Zis > than mortar has no sense. Anyway, if i have an mg, maybe clumped up facing a soviet at gun, i don't think it deserves a good chance to be hit by the first or the second shell of the barrage and then wiped. I'm curious to find some zis barrage stats for a comparison with 120mm mortar.
29 Mar 2019, 18:31 PM

pm41_82mm Mortar barrage:
AOE
AOE Radius 4
Distance near 1
Distance mid 2
Distance far 3
Damage near 68
Damage mid 40
Damage far 20
80 DMG distance 0

Barrage Zis
AOE
AOE Radius 6
Distance near 1.5
Distance mid 3
Distance far 4.5
Damage near 80
Damage mid 12
Damage far 4
80 DMG distance 1.5
29 Mar 2019, 20:21 PM

Read the thread title and thought it was about the bug where the Zis gets paralyzed if you cancel the barrage too soon.

Turns out it's an L2P issue.

By the same guy who thinks elefant sucks.

I think I had my fill of the community today. Good day fellow "unbiased players".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 199
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak