Login

russian armor

Wehrmacht Early Game Struggle

29 Mar 2019, 19:40 PM

Yeah Ost is ok in teamgames and they complement OKW well but 1v1 axis is at least 80% OKW since its the only playable axis faction in 1v1 without needing to outskill our opponent considerably.

I cant exactly speak for 1v1 since I dont play it but just from playing them in team games I can see why. A lot of whats good in team games for ost (Pwefer, Brummbar, Elefant) are bad in 1v1 games.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 18:22 PMButcher

Currenty Ostheer is just an inferiorversion to the Brits.
Bren Infantry section > Ostheer infantry
Cromwell > Panzer IV
Centaur > Ostwind
Churchill > Tiger or Panther (Apples and Oranges here, but the former is simply the better choice in most scenarios)

While I agree Ost is pretty weak I think the p4 is better than the cromwell. All the other units I agree with though.
29 Mar 2019, 20:36 PM

We just have to watch at the nerfes OST got in the last year:
  • Stugs nerfed
  • Flamer HT nerfed
  • Brummbaer nerfed
  • Puma in Mobile Defense bound to tech

Combine that with the fact that only the Panther /222 got a minor buff and USF are a lot stronger now and you know where the issues come from.

I want to point out that i can understand most nerfes (especially Puma /Flamer HT) but Stug nerfes were way too hard. Its one of the rare cases where the mod team just make a bad decision. Stug just needed a cost increased but got the nerf hammer.

All in all i just hope that Pzgrens and the Ostwind get a proper rework. That could really solve some issues.
3 Apr 2019, 08:22 AM

I have been playing OKW and OST For about 250+ games then When I play brits for only about 10 games I AM RANKED 95 ALREADY!!!
3 Apr 2019, 08:40 AM

I have been playing OKW and OST For about 250+ games then When I play brits for only about 10 games I AM RANKED 95 ALREADY!!!

What does that mean? You compete against UKF players in the UKF ladder. For your rank it doesn´t really matter if the faction itself is OP or not.
3 Apr 2019, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 20:36 PMSmartie
We just have to watch at the nerfes OST got in the last year:
  • Stugs nerfed
  • Flamer HT nerfed
  • Brummbaer nerfed
  • Puma in Mobile Defense bound to tech

Because all of them were completly OP. Stug, Flamer HT and Brummbär are still good units now, just not completly over the top anymore
3 Apr 2019, 14:18 PM

OST is a must go tier 2 every game or lose because there is a armoured light vehicle 99% of games.
Unless you go 5 men gren. You lose em to double Scott or some stray arty round from the various types of arty.

Combined arms is very difficult because often allies are able to bust out rocket arty as a first unit from the tier/call in and be defended by AT guns/AT infantry.

You can't deny that large area denial rocket arty is way more effective then an accurate hit or miss artillery.

The traverse speed on the 42 is trash. I'd rather take shorter set up/pack times with small arc over long set up/pack times large arc. Even with the death loop.
3 Apr 2019, 17:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Welcome to CoH2 ladder system. You have a stupid high boost on the first 10 games and it stabilises at around 100/200 games. After you hit 400+ games you end up rising again even if you "don't improve yourself".
3 Apr 2019, 18:46 PM

You can't deny that large area denial rocket arty is way more effective then an accurate hit or miss artillery.

If you can't aim, of course it's better to depend on your luck, of actually hitting something.
3 Apr 2019, 20:39 PM

Permanently Banned

What does that mean? You compete against UKF players in the UKF ladder. For your rank it doesn´t really matter if the faction itself is OP or not.

Uh yes, it means Brits are crazy easy to win with if u don't need much experience to climb their ladder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★