Login

russian armor

British - Lend Lease Assault - Feedback

PAGES (9)down
27 Apr 2019, 10:40 AM

Aoe heals might be a bit strong for multiplayer. Having it set up with some mechanics though sorta like the okw mech truck or advanced cancer assembly could be interesting though. Mutually exclusive to the AA package. Give a lot of new options. Perhaps a p47 rocket strafe just to round out the commander.
27 Apr 2019, 11:03 AM

Aoe heals might be a bit strong for multiplayer. Having it set up with some mechanics though sorta like the okw mech truck or advanced cancer assembly could be interesting though. Mutually exclusive to the AA package. Give a lot of new options. Perhaps a p47 rocket strafe just to round out the commander.

Repair Engineers/Pioneers and Medic spawning out of something which is deployed and can just undeploy and move has been proven as buggy and thus not really feasible, that's why you see aura repairs and heals instead of entities spawning out of the vehicle while deployed.

Anyhow, I again wanna bring up the M7 Priest here to replace the M5 HT by popular demand and add some infographics taken from Planet Smasher's topic on Lend-lease numbers so credits to him: https://www.coh2.org/topic/81304/lend-lease-numbers

Light Vehicles

Model in COH2Other ModelsBritish EmpireUSSR
Dodge WC-51 TruckWC-521088424902
Dodge WC-54 Ambulance6440
M20 Utility Car00
M8 "Greyhound" Light Armored Car4960
M3A1 Scout Car69973340
M3 Halftrack22
M21 Mortar Motor Carriage00
M15A1 Combined Gun Motor CarriageM150100
M5A1 HalftrackM5, M95238420
M17 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage ("M5 Quad")01000

Tanks and Self-Propelled Guns

M5A1 "Stuart" Light TankM513915
M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage00
M7B1 "Priest" Howitzer Motor CarriageM78320
M4 "Sherman" Medium Tank, 75mm Gun152562007
M4 "Sherman" Medium Tank, 76mm Gun13352095
M4 "Sherman" Medium Tank, 105mm Howitzer5930
M10 Gun Motor Carriage*****M10A1164852
M36B2 Gun Motor Carriage*****00
M26 "Pershing" Heavy TankT2661

This is just the Light and heavier vehicles but he also has numbers on small arms, support weapons, grenades and mines and Aircraft on there so definitely check it out if you're interesting in that sort of thing like me.

I however only want to note that I've only seen information regarding the M3 Stuart being delivered and used by the British and not M5 version.
27 Apr 2019, 11:55 AM

It's unfortunate that the repair lads won't work. I can't stress how much I think the priest is a bad idea.
The lend lease currently offers a collection of units and resulting tactics not available to the UKF. Adding a priest would make it a more desirable arty commander than the actual purpose built arty commander. Getting a better unit with a stronger early game capable of mitigating the weaknesses of the UKF into the capacity to produce cheap and fast AT vehicles is a recipe for pretty much just deleting the other arty commander. I see no good to come from the addition to the priest what so ever.
27 Apr 2019, 13:18 PM

Seconded: you'd make the poor Sexton obsolete.

In terms of Lend Lease alone? Lend Lease has a CP0 mortar: it's got indirect fire options already. The M5 adds a lot more than a Priest would.
27 Apr 2019, 13:28 PM

Well if we're going by the numbers Planet
Smasher dug up there's little else to put in the commander besides the Sherman, M8 and Stuart with all of these as far as I see not providing any "unique" alternatives to the stock units.

But maybe if the aura repair is given to the M5 HT a slot can be opened up for RoastingGhost's Stuart since he's the one that originally suggested I think, sadly the commander upgrade for it is glitched a bit .
27 Apr 2019, 14:10 PM

The simplest way to fix this commander is to give the mortar the Coordinated Barrage flares as a veteran ability. This commander could use the base artillery in a way no other commander can. Practicality and novelty combined.
27 Apr 2019, 14:44 PM

The simplest way to fix this commander is to give the mortar the Coordinated Barrage flares as a veteran ability. This commander could use the base artillery in a way no other commander can. Practicality and novelty combined.

Funnily enough I was going to suggest that earlier.

You'd probably have to disallow it firing into the FoW though, or you've effectively made Concentration Barrage only 45 muni.
27 Apr 2019, 15:06 PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Yes, it would require spotting on the target location and be within the barrage range of the mortar.

I would prefer a separate cool-down from other barrages so, it could add its own fire to the barrage. However, if that seems too much, then it could have a shared cool-down.

A small amount of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.
27 Apr 2019, 23:06 PM

Well if we're going by the numbers Planet
Smasher dug up there's little else to put in the commander besides the Sherman, M8 and Stuart with all of these as far as I see not providing any "unique" alternatives to the stock units.

But maybe if the aura repair is given to the M5 HT a slot can be opened up for RoastingGhost's Stuart since he's the one that originally suggested I think, sadly the commander upgrade for it is glitched a bit .

I'd rather see repair aura and some sort of offmap type ability, as opposed to a unit. Honestly, I liked the idea of smoke raid operation as long as you have some way to repair m10 hordes. Fits really well thematically and it'd be useful for a faction that tends to struggle with assaults.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Yes, it would require spotting on the target location and be within the barrage range of the mortar.

I would prefer a separate cool-down from other barrages so, it could add its own fire to the barrage. However, if that seems too much, then it could have a shared cool-down.

A small amount of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

That's super interesting. It'd also make up for the fact that the 81mm mortar isn't anything super special.
28 Apr 2019, 12:32 PM

Why not bundle Assault section with Royal Engineer flamethrower like OKW assault pack?
28 Apr 2019, 13:04 PM

Why not bundle Assault section with Royal Engineer flamethrower like OKW assault pack?

It does make sense since the M2 is an American weapon, and it would improve both Mobile Assault and Royal Engineers.

I like it.
28 Apr 2019, 13:37 PM

It does make sense since the M2 is an American weapon, and it would improve both Mobile Assault and Royal Engineers.

I like it.

Tbh I think both those abilities are valuable enough to be slots in their own right.

The OKW Assault Package is different because there's not much of a performance boost over the stock upgrade path.

Flamers, however, are a major upgrade for Sappers.

I'd rather see repair aura and some sort of offmap type ability, as opposed to a unit. Honestly, I liked the idea of smoke raid operation as long as you have some way to repair m10 hordes. Fits really well thematically and it'd be useful for a faction that tends to struggle with assaults.

It's already got smoke from the mortar. It was getting a bit smoke overkill.

Crew repair is much more important given the commander's tendency towards lots of <100 FU vehicles.
28 Apr 2019, 13:54 PM

Repair Engineers/Pioneers and Medic spawning out of something which is deployed and can just undeploy and move has been proven as buggy and thus not really feasible, that's why you see aura repairs and heals instead of entities spawning out of the vehicle while deployed.

Anyhow, I again wanna bring up the M7 Priest here to replace the M5 HT by popular demand and add some infographics taken from Planet Smasher's topic on Lend-lease numbers so credits to him: https://www.coh2.org/topic/81304/lend-lease-numbers

Light Vehicles

Dodge WC-51 TruckWC-521088424902
Dodge WC-54 Ambulance6440
M20 Utility Car00
M8 "Greyhound" Light Armored Car4960
M3A1 Scout Car69973340
M3 Halftrack22
M21 Mortar Motor Carriage00
M15A1 Combined Gun Motor CarriageM150100
M5A1 HalftrackM5, M95238420
M17 Multiple Gun Motor Carriage ("M5 Quad")01000

Tanks and Self-Propelled Guns

M5A1 "Stuart" Light TankM513915
M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage00
M7B1 "Priest" Howitzer Motor CarriageM78320
M4 "Sherman" Medium Tank, 75mm Gun152562007
M4 "Sherman" Medium Tank, 76mm Gun13352095
M4 "Sherman" Medium Tank, 105mm Howitzer5930
M10 Gun Motor Carriage*****M10A1164852
M36B2 Gun Motor Carriage*****00
M26 "Pershing" Heavy TankT2661

This is just the Light and heavier vehicles but he also has numbers on small arms, support weapons, grenades and mines and Aircraft on there so definitely check it out if you're interesting in that sort of thing like me.

I however only want to note that I've only seen information regarding the M3 Stuart being delivered and used by the British and not M5 version.
big yes
28 Apr 2019, 14:17 PM
Patrion 26

At the very least I think it's worth looking at the vet bonuses for the M5, there don't seem to be any bonuses for the flak gun at vet 1 and 2 (the rotation speed bonus could be swapped for something more useful).

Also is it worth considering giving it more health as part of vet, so it's more viable in the mid/late game if kept alive.
28 Apr 2019, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2019, 13:37 PMLago

Tbh I think both those abilities are valuable enough to be slots in their own right.

The OKW Assault Package is different because there's not much of a performance boost over the stock upgrade path.

Crew repair is much more important given the commander's tendency towards lots of <100 FU vehicles.

I don't know, I really like the idea of having flamers too. Remember that getting a flamer on a sapper means sacrificing getting double PIATs, so it is kind of a tradeoff I guess.

True true. But again, that'd be assuming the M5 got some sort of repair aura, so it wouldn't be a sacrifice per se. Balance-wise, you could ofc make it timed and cost some muni or be some sort of hefty muni upgrade to the M5. It's really a shame that repair models won't work though.

I also really think the priest would be a bad idea in this commander. If you want arty, you go the commander called royal artillery regiment. This commander is already geared mostly towards 1v1 anyway it seems like, and having priest in it would (besides overshadowing sexton) be a bit clunky and weird.
28 Apr 2019, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2019, 13:37 PMLago

I think assault sections like IR.stg44,powerful but most time only one squad will upgrade,so it use one commander ability is waste,same as USF and UKF flamethrower upgrade,most time we traning engineer at the most two or three squads,and one of them will upgrade sweeper,so one weapon use one commander ability you don't think it waste?
28 Apr 2019, 15:06 PM

I think assault sections like IR.stg44,powerful but most time only one squad will upgrade,so it use one commander ability is waste,same as USF and UKF flamethrower upgrade,most time we traning engineer at the most two or three squads,and one of them will upgrade sweeper,so one weapon use one commander ability you don't think it waste?

Are Shock Troops wasted if you call in only a single squad? You don't have to spam an ability to make it worthwhile.
28 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM
28 Apr 2019, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2019, 15:06 PMLago

Are Shock Troops wasted if you call in only a single squad? You don't have to spam an ability to make it worthwhile.

Shock Troopers as AI commander ability is very powerful and got good timing,although IR.stg44 powerful unlock at 3cp,but you need SWHQ first,and Ober already have MG34 upgrade
As UKF and USF,they have weapon rack for all infantry already,if assault section give all squad Thompson or IRstg44 /flamethrower upgrade replace by callin a squad already upgrade it,I have no problem with it
1 May 2019, 03:22 AM

oh they gave my idea of radio intecept greyhound to ost light vehicle. nvm brit still have the high tech useful m3 already at this commander :bananadance: thx to the new uc change we can save up vickers ammo and get the super AA package of m3 straight . brilliant:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS