Login

russian armor

British - Lend Lease Assault - Feedback

PAGES (9)down
28 Mar 2019, 23:09 PM

Overall good and solid. Too much of smoke, but that can be both good and bad, depending on situation. Assault sections maybe a little too powerful against WM in early game, but not really sure (70 muni for 1 upgrade is a big investment). Half-track is not impressive, some additional utility would be good. M10 seems perfect after endless Firefly spam and against heavy german TDs.
28 Mar 2019, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 23:09 PMQeit
Overall good and solid. Too much of smoke, but that can be both good and bad, depending on situation. Assault sections maybe a little too powerful against WM in early game, but not really sure (70 muni for 1 upgrade is a big investment). Half-track is not impressive, some additional utility would be good. M10 seems perfect after endless Firefly spam and against heavy german TDs.

If the M5 HT is kept it should include the medical bags from the USF Mech Company's M3 HT that are so often mentioned in my opinion to complete the synergy with the AS.
29 Mar 2019, 00:07 AM

So Bolstered Infantry Sections now (And for the past 2 Commander Mod Updates) cost 35 to reinforce instead of 28.

The last Commander Mod Patch fixed Bolstered Sections from costing 350 to build, but didn't fix the reinforce cost.
3 Apr 2019, 17:08 PM

British - Lend Lease Assault ver 3
In my opinion:

CP 0 Assault Sections

The upgrade provides 2+3 SMG and take 1 slot. Similar abilities should be bought in line since MP-40 take all weapon slots while PPsh none.

Suggestion:
Make the unit was separate unit and not an upgrade similar to Tank hunters. It could can be 5 men with no need for bolster and with vet bonuses custom made for the role. CP could be 0 (build-able from HQ)-2 if the Thompson are locked behind tech.

No weapon slots, 1+ bren +2 Thompson have to much DPS at range 20.
Make WP grenade share CD with mills and gammon.

CP 0 (passive) M5 Half-Tracks (the "s" is a typo?)

Bugs:

The unit seem to be a different version since it can reinforce with Quad and can suppress on the move.
The unit can not get "warspeed" upgrade.

Suggestions:
Lower the chance to shoot down planes
Increase DPS on the move
Make suppression a timed ability

CP 1 81mm Mortar Team

CP 6 Crew Repair

CP 0 Achilles I Tank Destroyer

Bugs:

The unit can not get "warspeed" upgrade.

Suggestions:
Redesign the unit as a "flanker".
Increase turret rotation, increase rear armor, increase DPS close.
AP round could be limited to 1 shot

3 Apr 2019, 17:30 PM

Agreed on the Assault Section, might be easier to balance and tweak.
3 Apr 2019, 20:12 PM

Agreed on the Assault Section, might be easier to balance and tweak.

Yeah for sure. That way they can have better veterancy for their role.

I think losing the weapon slot would definitely be a good idea too.

It'd be nice if there was something to make repairing m10s a litle less painstaking. Either the decrew that usf get or the repair ability on the m5 (from AA campaign) would be interesting IMO.
3 Apr 2019, 20:14 PM

It'd be nice if there was something to make repairing m10s a litle less painstaking. Either the decrew that usf get or the repair ability on the m5 (from AA campaign) would be interesting IMO.

I mean, there's already the vehicle crew repair, if they add the AA upgrade to the M5 that would overlap by a lot.
3 Apr 2019, 20:49 PM

I mean, there's already the vehicle crew repair, if they add the AA upgrade to the M5 that would overlap by a lot.

Oh yeah forgot that they added that lol. That pretty much fixes the problem completely. Although I did like smoke raid for the flavor.

Also I still really wish they would replace the mortar with the mortar HT.

Edit: thompsons are still bugged and don't show up, nor do their sounds or tracers. They seem to be working though (in terms of dealing damage and all that). I tested it by letting everyone but the 2 guys with thompsons die and they still wiped a pio squad. Bullet impacts were visible but no tracers or sounds (except for bullet impact sounds).
4 Apr 2019, 01:44 AM

Oh yeah forgot that they added that lol. That pretty much fixes the problem completely. Although I did like smoke raid for the flavor.

Also I still really wish they would replace the mortar with the mortar HT.

Edit: thompsons are still bugged and don't show up, nor do their sounds or tracers. They seem to be working though (in terms of dealing damage and all that). I tested it by letting everyone but the 2 guys with thompsons die and they still wiped a pio squad. Bullet impacts were visible but no tracers or sounds (except for bullet impact sounds).

I'd sooner the pak howi over the mortar halftrack. The MHT just makes the unit SOOO mechanized and I personally don't feel that is the brits in this game. Idk.
4 Apr 2019, 02:24 AM

I'd sooner the pak howi over the mortar halftrack. The MHT just makes the unit SOOO mechanized and I personally don't feel that is the brits in this game. Idk.

Yeah I'd be totally fine with that too but honestly I didn't suggest it mostly because the pack howie is super strong. I think it might be a bit too much for a faction that's well-structured to play defensive. At least with usf they have to be a bit more fluid and aggressive which makes the pack howie a bit more awkward to use I guess.

But I still think it'd be a lot better than regular mortar. And I don't know that it'd be a huge problem anyway.
4 Apr 2019, 12:09 PM

The mortar is a nice idea. M10 Stuart however seems like a bad option, unless you can decrew and repair like USF does. Comes along with royal engineers inside, why not!.

Maybe something different instead.
4 Apr 2019, 12:29 PM

The mortar is a nice idea. M10 Stuart however seems like a bad option, unless you can decrew and repair like USF does. Comes along with royal engineers inside, why not!.

Maybe something different instead.

The Achilles I will probably be very effective at protecting Centaur. The combination seems strong and cheap.
4 Apr 2019, 15:41 PM

The Bofors appears to not be build-able with the new doctrine. It gives me the message prompt (Must have Platoon Commander Post) which I very obviously did seeing as I tech'd Bofors.

Bug happened after I tech'd Company Command Post -> Bofors with the new Doctrine (also was Bolstered if that has anything to do with it since I don't know how the game handled 4 vs 5 man Sappers). I didn't troubleshoot other commander choices and pre-CCP Bofors tech. Might do that tonight.
4 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM

I'd just like to bring up my version of Assault Sections as a call in with only one Thompson.

And a heavier mortar (pack howitzer or 4.2 Inch) would make the slot more valuable, I think.
4 Apr 2019, 22:33 PM

I'd just like to bring up my version of Assault Sections as a call in with only one Thompson.

And a heavier mortar (pack howitzer or 4.2 Inch) would make the slot more valuable, I think.

1 thompson would definitely be too weak to be that useful into the later stages of the game. Unless they're like 6 men or something.

What would you have in mind for the 4.2 inch? Like what models etc. would it use? Since they can't add any new models.
4 Apr 2019, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 12:29 PMVipper

The Achilles I will probably be very effective at protecting Centaur. The combination seems strong and cheap.

Isn't this the standard M10 not the Achilles?
4 Apr 2019, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 22:48 PMGrim

Isn't this the standard M10 not the Achilles?

The M10 with 3 inch US gun was used by UKF was called Achilles I/II (depending on the counter weight), when armed with the 17p it was called Achilles Ic/IIc.
4 Apr 2019, 23:22 PM

1 thompson would definitely be too weak to be that useful into the later stages of the game. Unless they're like 6 men or something.

What would you have in mind for the 4.2 inch? Like what models etc. would it use? Since they can't add any new models.

He made a mod where he used the Soviet Hm-38 120mm mortar model, it's pretty good: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1244320542

Uses it's own stats and everything, only problem I see is that it wouldn't fit the theme since it's not technically a lend lease weapon.
5 Apr 2019, 01:32 AM

1) remove m5 and add off map arty from usf priest commander (time on target arty)

2) m10 is pretty sux when crom only 30 fuel more . change it to m8 for 50 fuel and people can choose between ai / at light vehicle might be more fun
5 Apr 2019, 07:17 AM

special m8 with m20 mine or with radio intercept that detect movement of enemy armor from okw 223. i think it would be more interesting compare to a boring m10 and add more tactical option.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS