Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
3 Apr 2019, 17:17 PM

I keep hearing about the weakness of the rocket strafe. Okay, here's a question, though. How much health should it be able to strip away from tanks?

We might change it out, but how deadly should it be against tanks given its 100 munition price tag and quick call-in? This is not the much slower IL-2 bombing run which excels against stationary targets but also costs considerable more.

Just replace it with PTAB and everyone will be happy. I have already said above that the relative cheapness is not an advantage if it is useless - this ability has a lot of problems: the bug of the area, the missiles do not cover the theoretical area of the defeat, the missiles do not impose damage in direct attack. PTAB - reliable, efficient, worth the cost.
3 Apr 2019, 17:24 PM

PTAB - reliable, efficient, worth the cost.

You mean the PTAB strike that deals like 25% damage and a 3 second stun to a Panzer IV after taking half a minute to get to the target for 180 munitions? How is that better than the latest version of the rocket strafe?
3 Apr 2019, 17:28 PM

I keep hearing about the weakness of the rocket strafe. Okay, here's a question, though. How much health should it be able to strip away from tanks?

We might change it out, but how deadly should it be against tanks given its 100 munition price tag and quick call-in? This is not the much slower IL-2 bombing run which excels against stationary targets but also costs considerable more.

Is that thing supposed to be used against tanks? It clearly bad against them to the point it's better used against infantry and besides there is already an ability that does exactly the same thing you want - PTAB?
Why tunnel vision on strafe that does not work, you cant make it strong for 100 munitions and weak strafes are useless - CAS commander, usf tactical support and advanced warfare are proof of that.
Why bother trying to make it into a PTAB when you can just give PTAB instead.
3 Apr 2019, 17:34 PM

You mean the PTAB strike that deals like 20% damage and a 3 second stun to a Panzer IV after taking half a minute to get to the target for 180 munitions? How is that better than the latest version of the rocket strafe?

This is a very good ability, closed in just one commander. It is excellent when you need to destroy slow heavy tanks like КT, JT, ST, Tiger, Elephant. They also deals great damage to OKW headquarters, has damage to infantry. This is very convenient when you use PTAB to attack OKW medical headquarters.
3 Apr 2019, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 17:28 PMKirrik
Is that thing supposed to be used against tanks? It clearly bad against them to the point it's better used against infantry and besides there is already an ability that does exactly the same thing you want - PTAB?
Why tunnel vision on strafe that does not work, you cant make it strong for 100 munitions and weak strafes are useless - CAS commander, usf tactical support and advanced warfare are proof of that.
Why bother trying to make it into a PTAB when you can just give PTAB instead.

Maybe I am incorrectly expressed, but I am talking about this: replace the IL-2 strafe on the PTAB strike from the “tank hunt” commander.
3 Apr 2019, 17:49 PM

Maybe I am incorrectly expressed, but I am talking about this: replace the IL-2 strafe on the PTAB strike from the “tank hunt” commander.

I was replying to miragefla post. While rocket strafe looks cool, it's clear by now that it's just a ghetto PTAB run. The question is why bother with it instead of PTAB, is it because PTAB considered too good or it's because of flavor
3 Apr 2019, 19:43 PM

I'd say it should be comparable to close air support doctrine single pass stuka AT strafe, which is also cheap and quick call-in.
3 Apr 2019, 20:14 PM

I'd say it should be comparable to close air support doctrine single pass stuka AT strafe, which is also cheap and quick call-in.

And completely destroys the whole T-34 and SU-85 with one pass. I understand that this IL-2 is an attempt to make a new ability for new commanders, but this attempt is unsuccessful and it is better to take what works well.
4 Apr 2019, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2019, 17:28 PMKirrik
Is that thing supposed to be used against tanks? It clearly bad against them to the point it's better used against infantry .

Please test things before making claims like this. In the latest version it can do up to 80% damage on a Panzer IV.

https://youtu.be/OZ-XffaQqao?t=602

And completely destroys the whole T-34 and SU-85 with one pass. I understand that this IL-2 is an attempt to make a new ability for new commanders, but this attempt is unsuccessful and it is better to take what works well.

It can do very similar damage to Stuka AT Strafe now. It'll do a bit less, but comes in faster.

4 Apr 2019, 07:49 AM

SVT drop is a complete waste of munitions.

do something else.

It is a pathetic dps upgrade to an already useless unit (conscripts), does nothing for penals or guards, and a downgrade to shock troops.

It's most effective use is to troll enemies into picking up useless weapons.
4 Apr 2019, 07:52 AM

CP 2 SVT Drop
I still want to see SVTs as part of a non-doc conscript late game upgrade. But failing that, these are... okay? Still no reason to use anything but penals, frankly. They're sort of a gimmick, not sure there's much chance they will see use as is after the meta settles.

What I really want to know is if there are going to be 'better' versions of the SVT for squads that already have a superior baseline weapon, be they Grenadiers or Tommies.

CP 3 Airborne Guards
They really are basically just Paratroopers now. Which is fine. Paratroopers are a good unit and a lot of fun to use. They retain enough differences from Paras to feel unique and they can do the job of elite infantry for the soviets well.

CP 2 Airborne Rally Point
Decent. It seems a little cheap compared to the Urban Defence forward assembly, though, and it also being a retreat point may be a bit much. It being a constant MU bleed to heal does offset some of that, but it may be too fuel cheap because of it?

CP 2 DsHK Paradrop
Finally. The DshK is worth its enormous price tag. Another USF airborne overlap that I’m fine with.

CP 10 IL-2 Rocket Strafe
Please just let us have a PTAB.
The exact vehicle damage/cost ratio of a borrowed American plane model isn’t why people don’t want a rocket strafe. The rocket strafe is just... a rocket strafe. Finnicky to use, easy to miss with, easy to misjudge, easy to hit terrain with. The PTAB does everything this is supposed to do better and with a lot less frustration.
4 Apr 2019, 08:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 07:49 AMpoop

do something else.

It is a pathetic dps upgrade to an already useless unit (conscripts), does nothing for penals or guards, and a downgrade to shock troops.

vipper said its gonna be op so i trust him lol
4 Apr 2019, 08:14 AM

vipper said its gonna be op so i trust him lol

Fun fact is, his theory could be real and true ONLY if con weapon slot limit to 1 was reverted and it still wouldn't change the fact that its a direct downgrade to all in game infantry with exception of CEs and arguably volks (stgs vs svts, I'd go with stgs tho).
4 Apr 2019, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 07:49 AMpoop

do something else.

The svt drop currently gives 6 ppsh's to penals. But that's probably not intended.
4 Apr 2019, 08:36 AM

Please test things before making claims like this. In the latest version it can do up to 80% damage on a Panzer IV.

https://youtu.be/OZ-XffaQqao?t=602

It can do very similar damage to Stuka AT Strafe now. It'll do a bit less, but comes in faster.

80% damage to p4 is still joke, chances you going to hit tank in first place are next to zero unless it's rammed, snared and you're playing on small map and even then you're not even killing P4, by the time you'll get this offmap chances are you're already fighting against elefants and panthers.

That strafe is as useless as CAS AT strafe.
4 Apr 2019, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2019, 08:36 AMKirrik

80% damage to p4 is still joke, chances you going to hit tank in first place are next to zero unless it's rammed, snared and you're playing on small map and even then you're not even killing P4, by the time you'll get this offmap chances are you're already fighting against elefants and panthers.

That strafe is as useless as CAS AT strafe.

Im with you, 100munitions ability should always OHK a panzer 4.
4 Apr 2019, 11:30 AM

Im with you, 100munitions ability should always OHK a panzer 4.

I guess it's too hard to read quoted post. Judging by your post history you're trying to set record at bad sarcasm and shitposting in feedback topics?
4 Apr 2019, 15:54 PM

What if the IL-2 Precision bombing strike was put in instead of ptab or the rocket strafe?

It's a good utility ability that can knock out howitzers or specific emplacements, but not so cheap that it can be spammed. It's also not super common as far as commander abilities go.

I actually thematically like the idea of the rocket strafe but it does seem somewhat tedious to use. Who knows how it will be in actual games tho, especially in team games where units get clustered up (I'm thinking of the 420IQ players who keep 2-3 rocket arty halftracks together).

As for SVT drop, can CEs get flamer + svt drop or are the two mutually exclusive?
4 Apr 2019, 16:23 PM

What if the IL-2 Precision bombing strike was put in instead of ptab or the rocket strafe?

It's a good utility ability that can knock out howitzers or specific emplacements, but not so cheap that it can be spammed. It's also not super common as far as commander abilities go.

I actually thematically like the idea of the rocket strafe but it does seem somewhat tedious to use. Who knows how it will be in actual games tho, especially in team games where units get clustered up (I'm thinking of the 420IQ players who keep 2-3 rocket arty halftracks together).

As for SVT drop, can CEs get flamer + svt drop or are the two mutually exclusive?

PTAB can be used the same way as bombing run, deals roughly same damage to buildings and howitzers.
4 Apr 2019, 17:05 PM

1) conscript with svt when merge to another squad will become empty hand
2) upgrade flamer and pickup svt => flamer disappeared after flamer guy dead and reinfoce and if svt first and then upgrade flamer flamer wont appear
3) merge abuse on 3dp guard spam become op . may consider not allow it to be merge like commisiar while give them some minor stuff maybe sandbag or hit the dirt if ppsh upgraded. otherwise may consider make them limit to 1 like the red beret.
4) 2 ppsh 3 svt at weapon crew after ppsh guards pickup dshk but svt cons become normol mosin after pickup not sure its bug or not
5) the rally point look very cheap compare to brit one or okw people may abuse it
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 11
United Kingdom 53
unknown 6
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias