Login

russian armor

Air drop Supplies

18 Mar 2019, 07:44 AM

Luftwaffe Supplies and Air Resupply Operation drop medic kits and there is also the medic kits from OKW. These items are not very practical because they are left on the battle field and can stolen from the enemy. One could improve their utility if HT could pick them up taking up a passenger slot and drop transport them and drop them.
18 Mar 2019, 08:06 AM

I think it's not possible, the item is "entity" while halftrack can only transport "squad".
18 Mar 2019, 08:35 AM

Luftwaffe crates are also combat buff as well, there isn't really any reason to leave them behind, unless in base.

And for "offensive" OKW crates, 221 drops them one by one, regular 3 stack is "replacement" for med truck tech.
18 Mar 2019, 08:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 08:35 AMKatitof
Luftwaffe crates are also combat buff as well, there isn't really any reason to leave them behind, unless in base.

And for "offensive" OKW crates, 221 drops them one by one, regular 3 stack is "replacement" for med truck tech.

Luftwaffe Supplies and Air Resupply Operation both give combat buffs but they drop 3 of them so one will either use all of them or they will be left in field.

Air Resupply Operation can not be used in base sector.

Regardless being able to move this items in the battlefield would greatly increase their utility if it was possible.

As for OKW only the Opel can move them so it would be an improvement in the utility of the unit.

18 Mar 2019, 08:51 AM

I think it's not possible, the item is "entity" while halftrack can only transport "squad".

It does not actually have to transport them. I guess one could try to "cheat". The vehicle could consume them and gain the ability to create them. The ability is already available in USF M3.

So the HT consume them and fills 1 slot that triggers the ability to re-spawn them.
18 Mar 2019, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 08:42 AMVipper

Luftwaffe Supplies and Air Resupply Operation both give combat buffs but they drop 3 of them so one will either use all of them or they will be left in field.

Air Resupply Operation can not be used in base sector.

Regardless being able to move this items in the battlefield would greatly increase their utility if it was possible.

As for OKW only the Opel can move them so it would be an improvement in the utility of the unit.

The buff does stack for luftwaffe supply, I remember it being nerfed, but I think it was potency, not stackability.

Not sure about opel, I do agree that its not much used unit and since I'm a big fan of all infantry transports, anything to see them used more often is a good idea in my book.
18 Mar 2019, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 09:01 AMKatitof

The buff does stack for luftwaffe supply, I remember it being nerfed, but I think it was potency, not stackability.

I tested this some time ago in cheatmod (letting pio's grab ~5 luft med kits) and I'm pretty sure the bonus doesn't stack (performance remained the same as grabbing one).
18 Mar 2019, 09:25 AM

I tested this some time ago in cheatmod (letting pio's grab ~5 luft med kits) and I'm pretty sure the bonus doesn't stack (performance remained the same as grabbing one).

It stacked up to 3, it used to be 15% buff in dmg reduction and accuracy.
I'll skim through patch notes and check what I can find.

e:
Yup, should still be 15% accuracy buff and 0.87 rec acc buff stacking up to 3.
Only change to that across 4 years was removal of healing in actual combat.
3 crates used in combat should still turn any combat oriented squad in terminators.

Pios are probably very bad squad to test it with.
18 Mar 2019, 16:33 PM

Can we also rework Airborne's airdrop abilities? With all the Commander abilities being merged these days, why does the Airborne Commander have the worst supply drop ship abilities.

We have drops giving 2 support weapons and bonus/healing crates, but airborne has 2 separate abilities dropping single support weapons. And with the US tech change its easier to access AT guns AND mgs so that feature of airborne is less helpful
18 Mar 2019, 17:58 PM

Can we also rework Airborne's airdrop abilities? With all the Commander abilities being merged these days, why does the Airborne Commander have the worst supply drop ship abilities.

We have drops giving 2 support weapons and bonus/healing crates, but airborne has 2 separate abilities dropping single support weapons. And with the US tech change its easier to access AT guns AND mgs so that feature of airborne is less helpful

"Air Resupply Operation" is op for cost especially when compared to with para abilities or Osttruppen one. The cost of the ability should be looked.

On the other hand Airborne commander does need a redesigning, probably merging 2 abilities and getting a new one.

These abilities should all be brought in line one with the other:
Ostheer
Air-Dropped medical supplies
Supply Drop

UKF
Air Resupply Operation

USF
Paradrop .50cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun
Paradrop M1 57mm Anti-Tank Gun
Airdropped Combat Group
18 Mar 2019, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2019, 17:58 PMVipper

"Air Resupply Operation" is op for cost especially when compared to with para abilities or Osttruppen one. The cost of the ability should be looked.

True I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I don't want airbornes ability/potential new ability to be as OP as that. Just for the gap between them not to be as large. Which i think is what you're going for anyway
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★