HMG42 inc rounds they are not.
14 Mar 2019, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 20:32 PMKatitof

I'm talking about them.
HMG42 inc rounds they are not.
but they still have ap round right ?
14 Mar 2019, 20:49 PM

And, again, they are about as efficient as ostwind in light at.
14 Mar 2019, 20:58 PM

An armor increase for it would be nice. Right now, it has 110 vs the regular P4's 180. The centaur and cromwell have the same armor, for instance (though the centaur is much slower).

I'd like to see what happens if it's bumped up to 140 or so. That would give it a small chance of deflecting Bazookas, so it would improve AI performance, but it still mostly helps against low-pen units like T-70s.
14 Mar 2019, 21:29 PM

Pen buff would change little, ostwind already rekts AEC and aaht yet it is never built even against these units.

So now it is buffed to beat Stuart too? It still will not be built. This is a medium tanks spam meta and unless mediums are nerfed across the board the panzer 4 will remain king.

Centaur is rarely built, but when it does it's because Cromwell is meh before vet (bad AI compared to Sherman or panzer 4 with lmg)
14 Mar 2019, 21:32 PM

Grants +200% pen for DSHK
Mg42/34 grants +100% damage and +9 pen
.50 cal does +25% damage and +10 pen

DSHK is probably the worst of the bunch as far as the AP ability goes and as always you can see who has the best...
14 Mar 2019, 21:35 PM

Pen buff would change little, ostwind already rekts AEC and aaht yet it is never built even against these units.

It does not. Pretty much the other way around.
Static combat between units maybe, but no one parks an AEC to be plastered by anyhing that penns it.

I think retarded plays should be avoided in a argumented discussion. As you stated, no one gets a Ostw to counter AEC nor M70 nor AAFH
14 Mar 2019, 21:38 PM

Grants +200% pen for DSHK
Mg42/34 grants +100% damage and +9 pen
.50 cal does +25% damage and +10 pen

DSHK is probably the worst of the bunch as far as the AP ability goes and as always you can see who has the best...

Funny thing you missed to point out is that .50 cal already does more damage per bullet than HMG42. But carry on, maybe someone could bring their DPS and increased DPS by their AP rounds
DSHK are as broken than maxims (overnerfed) but only they are not used as often as the latter.
14 Mar 2019, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2019, 20:12 PMLago

Rather than buffing the Ostwind's anti-infantry damage, tweak its stats so it counters light armour.
Thoughts?
Looks like you are already worried about an AI buff for this unit? Why? The ostwind is a dedicated AA/AI unit, and it is extremely lackluster in that area, it doesn't intimidate any squads and an AI buff is the players' number 1 deamand. So, I think your poll is manipulative and is intended to cause distraction and confusion.
14 Mar 2019, 22:12 PM

It does not. Pretty much the other way around.
Static combat between units maybe, but no one parks an AEC to be plastered by anyhing that penns it.

I think retarded plays should be avoided in a argumented discussion. As you stated, no one gets a Ostw to counter AEC nor M70 nor AAFH

And noone builds centuar to kill puma

Which is my point, despite these units being able to pen they are not built as a counter. Easier to just spam medium tanks
15 Mar 2019, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 22:08 PMhooosh
Looks like you are already worried about an AI buff for this unit? Why? The ostwind is a dedicated AA/AI unit, and it is extremely lackluster in that area, it doesn't intimidate any squads and an AI buff is the players' number 1 deamand. So, I think your poll is manipulative and is intended to cause distraction and confusion.

oh no my cunning ruse is foiled

Ignoring the personal attack and addressing the point, you could buff it against infantry. You'd need to buff it through the roof to make up for its inability to fight armour in that timing window though, and then all you've done is make an alternate Brummbar.

A purely AI Ostwind is also arguably less useful than one that blows up T-70s.

An armor increase for it would be nice. Right now, it has 110 vs the regular P4's 180. The centaur and cromwell have the same armor, for instance (though the centaur is much slower).

It's a Panzer IV hull, so you could even give it the full 180. It's not like it gets a boost at Vet 2 like the other tanks.
15 Mar 2019, 01:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 22:08 PMhooosh

OP is not worried, is bringing many new ideas about Ostw. Id say giving it a unique profile since its autocannon did reliably pen through lightly armored vehicles in WW2, taking that idea to implemente a new unique niche unit ingame.
Otherwise its just a centaur clone AA/AI
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
Russian Federation 40

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak