Login

russian armor

AT Gun Camo Change

9 Mar 2019, 20:08 PM

A thought on a possible change for ZiS guns and Raketenwerfer camo.

• Cloak toggle removed. If an AT gun with cloak meets the conditions to cloak, it will.
  • No movement speed penalty when cloaked.
  • Moving decloaks the AT gun.

This'll have two effects imo.

» AT Gun cloaking becomes a lot more user-friendly. You tell it where to go, it goes over there and it cloaks. No fiddling with toggles.

» AT Guns can't cloak-creep. This eliminates the annoying creeping Raks, but they'll probably need a buff to balance out the nerf.

Thoughts?
9 Mar 2019, 20:19 PM

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
9 Mar 2019, 21:32 PM

Rak used to be camo in cover only but it was changed because it was buggy as hell (kinda like the forward observers in old recon, sometimes it would work but often it wouldn't)

But I'm on board for proper ambush camo instead of offensive camo
9 Mar 2019, 23:41 PM

Unit need to be able to rotate. Maybe it should the camo elite infatry has that linger a bit even when out of cover.

That would allow the ATG to set up and rotate in cover but not move around in cover.
10 Mar 2019, 01:08 AM

Does it though? You set it up in an ambush position, a vehicle drives into arc and gets first-striked. Then it acts like a normal AT gun until it's got a few seconds out of cover to cloak again.
10 Mar 2019, 04:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 01:08 AMLago
Does it though? You set it up in an ambush position, a vehicle drives into arc and gets first-striked. Then it acts like a normal AT gun until it's got a few seconds out of cover to cloak again.

While I think its hilariously unrealistic that an at gun in camo could pick up and rotate (keep in mind the zis looks like its like 3x the size of an average man lol) I think it'd be frustrating and a bit janky to not be able to rotate in camo.

IMO leaving it as a toggle ability and just disabling movement but not rotation would be the best solution.
10 Mar 2019, 06:43 AM

Nice change, no more raketen spam sneaking tactic.
10 Mar 2019, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 01:08 AMLago

I am not sure if the game engine can tell the difference from moving and rotating. And there many cases where clocked units perform in a bugged way.

It might be possible to fix these issues by giving the "elite camo" to the ATG.
10 Mar 2019, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 08:44 AMVipper

I am not sure if the game engine can tell the difference from moving and rotating. And there many cases where clocked units perform in a bugged way.

there is the at hunter doc of the soviet that has camo for tanks and lets them rotate (but not move)
10 Mar 2019, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 08:44 AMVipper

When you say rotate, do you mean the gun barrel aiming, or do you mean the crew picking up the gun and turning it?

Obviously they need to be able to do the first, but do they need to be able to do the second?
10 Mar 2019, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 12:51 PMLago

When you say rotate, do you mean the gun barrel aiming, or do you mean the crew picking up the gun and turning it?

Obviously they need to be able to do the first, but do they need to be able to do the second?

The first I would call trucking and the second rotate.

If the ATG can not rotate in camo then one would always have to set them up and not leave them in "attack" mod.

Imo a cloak ATG should be allowed to be left in attack mode and the unit then set up and fire with camo and camo bonuses.
10 Mar 2019, 13:50 PM

If the ATG can not rotate in camo then one would always have to set them up and not leave them in "attack" mod.

Correct. I don't think this is a problem.
10 Mar 2019, 23:37 PM

If the ATG was set up and had time to cloak it should have bonus damage on the first shot maybe? Like an aimed shot thingy
11 Mar 2019, 00:29 AM

I think all ambush should grant some sort of bonus. Even a small one.
11 Mar 2019, 02:21 AM

I think all ambush should grant some sort of bonus. Even a small one.

You get a bonus called your opponent can't see your at gun and not prepare for it.
11 Mar 2019, 02:25 AM
Patrion 27

Excellent idea. Also +1 to making sure at-guns can rotate and maintain camo.
11 Mar 2019, 07:11 AM

You get a bonus called your opponent can't see your at gun and not prepare for it.

Any good player will have already prepared for it because you should have it by a certain time. Recon will reveal the AT gun and it should already be behind your main line. Not saying camo isn't a good ability, but if you expect an AT gun of all things to have shock value you're loopy. It's only so strong on the rakk because it can be invisible AND come to you
11 Mar 2019, 10:45 AM

If the ATG was set up and had time to cloak it should have bonus damage on the first shot maybe? Like an aimed shot thingy

It's called First Strike bonus, I think it's accuracy rather than damage, but the cloaked ZiS has it and the Raketenwerfer could probably do with it if it doesn't.
11 Mar 2019, 16:10 PM

It's only so strong on the rakk because it can be invisible AND come to you

*And because it can retreat

Id argue that's the bigger problem, the ZiS can move and it has longer range. But if you creep too far it's a free AT gun for your opponent
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★