Login

russian armor

Great game

7 Mar 2019, 15:27 PM

I'm not beginner, I'm just frustrated on how useless this faction is after playing it for 300hrs, and if I am the only one thinking that Volks are useless then looks like no1 really plays the game here. And ye, cons are useless, but you are not forced to make them, you go penal batalions that are 2x better than Volks, don't really know how maxim can be bad with 6man squad and have ability to actually supress, and as USF you don't need HMG when you can just spam out pathfinders and give them LMG's and outdamage living crap out of anyone that tries to fight you and I dont say Fallshims and JLI are useless, doctrines they come with are useless

Oh, okay so you're experienced, sounds to me like you got roflstomped. Again, please upload a replay.

Keeping this civil, because this is a civilized forum, i will respond to the points you've made.

Beginning with volks and penals
Russia has no other real options in terms of infantry. Conscripts are almost essentially useless or redundant this meta and will almost always get shredded by pratically every thing. Plus penals do a conscripts job, but better.
More so, you can field volks much faster than most other standard inf for allied factions, for rifleman its roughly 2 to 1 for penals, its 2 and a half volks to 1 penal (roughly). The difficulty comes when a sniper or another penal squad is fielded. And to add to that, penals volks can deny garrisons and cover with fire nades, and can be upgraded with stgs in the field.

Moreso, ypu have other options. You've got strums which will shred in close ranges.

Addressing maxims vs hmg34s, open a cheatmode game, and compare how quickly they surpress.
You'll find maxims just dont have that kind of firepower, which is why they are rarely used, and if they are there is often two of them.

As for usf, you most certainty can not spam PFs. They're expensive(290mp),squishy and are used really to support your rifles, they bleed hard in a 1v1 situation, assuming they live. Im paying tech costs and 60MU for a bar, you better hope they deal damage. Besides, BARs are better off on a rifle squad.
From memory, you get sector assualt, leFH, JLI and free flares and those little goliath bastards, Thats a useless doctrine? Overwatch is by far one of the strongest commanders for OKW right now. If you dont have that commander, id certainly save your scrap for it.
Fallschim doctrines are situational, that is, they perform incredibly well when the right conditions are met. They're very strong infantry that can drop anywhere on the map. It is my belief that they are only really used to counter heavy infantry spam.

And one other thing, the HMG 50cal is actually a necessary more times than not, on terms of suppression they are so-so. In terms of damage against early LVs, they work well. Which is more or less the meta right now.

Look, i get it. You had a bad game, need to vent, and or rant, but please avoid doing that in the balance forums. Please check out the general chat area, unless you are offering reasonable solutions on what can be fixed or changed.
7 Mar 2019, 16:04 PM

THE most cost efficient infantry in the whole game who still are top tier infantry after multiple changes.

Now that's most unreasonable and bias statement any1 could produce. No additional cover advantages like brits get for reasons, flamenade that is usefull only to kill mg's in cover if you manage to get to them, faust is just casual tank nade rest have that is completly outclassed by satchels, STG upgrade that gives you ability to actually put fight only against penals at medium range, cause test of allied units are better. Assault package gives you ability to actually use competent nades but theres just one that allows you to
7 Mar 2019, 16:22 PM

Posting a replay is faster than writting essays
7 Mar 2019, 16:23 PM

You should expected ullumlu coming to prove you wrong :p

How dare you forget about Incendiary Rounds!
7 Mar 2019, 16:40 PM

If I wanted to upload replays of unbalace I would have post my 2 months of playing this game. Stomping allies that just spam tanks because its cheap, bar spammers, MG34 not supressing anything after 2 salvos, volks being outclassed unless in big blob again one squad
7 Mar 2019, 17:06 PM

If I wanted to upload replays of unbalace I would have post my 2 months of playing this game. Stomping allies that just spam tanks because its cheap, bar spammers, MG34 not supressing anything after 2 salvos, volks being outclassed unless in big blob again one squad

After 2 months of playing you really dont need any replays anymore to prove your point. Sadly im only 1,3months in!
7 Mar 2019, 17:16 PM
Donator 11

Micro positioning and build order abilities shouldn't justify fact that game is unbalanced and full of bullshit unreasonable things

Bad micro and positioning lowers the effectivness of your units. You can't blame the stats of a unit for it's bad performance if it is you who makes it perform badly.
7 Mar 2019, 17:23 PM

I play this game since 26 Jun 2014 but dropped it cause I got bored of it, until 5 moths ago and I just can't comprehend how unbalanced it is for OKW to play. You either blob volks, take JLI with useless addons on board since they nerfed sector assault, or loose.

Besides if you test it yourself, there is no outcome where volks win over Allied infantry on mid range cover or not, only with STG you can win on pinpoint
7 Mar 2019, 18:20 PM

For combat efficiency:
Volks are OK. And yes, they will lose to Allied infantry because they are cheaper (250MP).

For versatility:
Volks are ridiculously good. They can assault, hold the line, snare, clear garrison and build sandbags. Besides, they have weapon upgrades.

Riflemen can not build sandbags without doctrine support.
Infantry Section can not snare.
Grenadiers can not build sandbags and can not assault without G43.
Penals can not build sandbags.
Conscripts require two techs and have no weapon upgrades without doctrine support.
7 Mar 2019, 18:21 PM

>BAR SPAMMERS

>>>BAR SPAMMERS

Guys my opponent spent their munitions!!! What a spammer noob!
7 Mar 2019, 18:37 PM

I play this game since 26 Jun 2014 but dropped it cause I got bored of it, until 5 moths ago and I just can't comprehend how unbalanced it is for OKW to play. You either blob volks, take JLI with useless addons on board since they nerfed sector assault, or loose.

Besides if you test it yourself, there is no outcome where volks win over Allied infantry on mid range cover or not, only with STG you can win on pinpoint

Have you tried playing Allies against skilled Axis players?
7 Mar 2019, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since you are new to the forum:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/upload

It solves all the lack of information this thread presents:

Game mode: 1v1 is a whole different world to 2v2 and more so 4v4.
Rank: Effectiveness of units at lv18-20 is different from lv16-18 and so on.
Matchmaking: there are plenty of times that a disparity on skill level will make the perception of units to look stronger or weaker.

As for the topic itself, you would find it you are practically alone, as even biased Axis players will tell you that Volks are at most "fine".
7 Mar 2019, 19:35 PM

Well okay then, since I'm the only one with eyes lets call Volks "fine".

Still theres way more about how OKW is just more garbage than Allies
7 Mar 2019, 19:47 PM

MG34 not supressing anything after 2 salvos

The HMG 34 suppresses a squad in 1.14 seconds at mid range.

You just seem to have a bad case of bias and ignorance.
ddd
7 Mar 2019, 19:59 PM

Agree, what do you think about lowering price of volks to 200mp and giving them vet0 sprint? Also i think they should get frag nades after first truck is deployed.
7 Mar 2019, 20:07 PM

This game's balance is just bad case of bias and Relic awfull case of ignorance
7 Mar 2019, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2019, 19:59 PMddd

Agree, what do you think about lowering price of volks to 200mp and giving them vet0 sprint? Also i think they should get frag nades after first truck is deployed.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them getting frags instead of flame nades tbh.
7 Mar 2019, 20:54 PM

playercard please.
ddd
7 Mar 2019, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2019, 20:15 PMFarlon

Personally, I wouldn't mind them getting frags instead of flame nades tbh.

No no friend, i mean frags and flame nades together! I would never suggest taking things away from okw!
7 Mar 2019, 21:36 PM

Playing all factions is so 2k10

LOL :guyokay:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment