Login

russian armor

Great game

7 Mar 2019, 11:18 AM

Why every game against allies as OKW is so onesided? Volks are completly useless units and you have to stick to them unless you pick one of useless doctrines that gives you JLI or Fallshims. Early game doesn't exist when enemy makes MG's, light vehicles (god bless for M3A1 and flamethrowers and UC unreal survivability against infantry) or takes doctrine which provide CP 0 OP units like sturm engineers, pathfinders or later on Shoctroops. If you dont cotroll 70% you can dream about getting T3 units, you have to save for T4 and it's units cause shit is so inhumanly more expensive than Allied armor units and unlocking them. There is so much things you can't do like getting MG34, cause that's just a waste of manpower, Kubelwagen is just huge fuck you from Relic, T2 units cause they are not worth it at all, if you want to put T3 you have to sacrifice putting T2.
7 Mar 2019, 11:37 AM

You're the only player in the whole coh community who believes volks are bad.

At absolute worst, they are balanced, at absolute best, they are op, but if you consider them bad, well, the issue is between chair and a keyboard.
7 Mar 2019, 12:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

At absolute worst, they are balanced, at absolute best, they are op, but if you consider them bad, well, the issue is between chair and a keyboard.

You should expected ullumlu coming to prove you wrong :p
7 Mar 2019, 12:37 PM

if you think volks suck wait till you try out conscripts
7 Mar 2019, 12:39 PM

rant

OP, I suggest saving replay of a game and post it in the Replay Review forum section. It will get your further than posting in balance section will do. This rant is not balance section material.
7 Mar 2019, 12:53 PM

Yesterday I played OKW for the first time after more than two months playing Allies only.
While I was playing Brits/USF/Sovs, I thought "holy crap, Volks are OP. They throw fire nades, have 5 Star Vet which makes them invincible and get StGs"

While I was playing OKW, I thought "holy crap, compared to Infantry Sections and Penals, Volks suck balls".

What do we learn? It's the way you play, if the enemy is better, your units are not worse. You are.
7 Mar 2019, 12:57 PM

Yesterday I played OKW for the first time after more than two months playing Allies only.
While I was playing Brits/USF/Sovs, I thought "holy crap, Volks are OP. They throw fire nades, have 5 Star Vet which makes them invincible and get StGs"

While I was playing OKW, I thought "holy crap, compared to Infantry Sections and Penals, Volks suck balls".

What do we learn? It's the way you play, if the enemy is better, your units are not worse. You are.

Playing all factions is so 2k10
7 Mar 2019, 13:05 PM

DISS
7 Mar 2019, 14:23 PM

Why every game against allies as OKW is so onesided? Volks are completly useless units and you have to stick to them unless you pick one of useless doctrines that gives you JLI or Fallshims. Early game doesn't exist when enemy makes MG's, light vehicles (god bless for M3A1 and flamethrowers and UC unreal survivability against infantry) or takes doctrine which provide CP 0 OP units like sturm engineers, pathfinders or later on Shoctroops. If you dont cotroll 70% you can dream about getting T3 units, you have to save for T4 and it's units cause shit is so inhumanly more expensive than Allied armor units and unlocking them. There is so much things you can't do like getting MG34, cause that's just a waste of manpower, Kubelwagen is just huge fuck you from Relic, T2 units cause they are not worth it at all, if you want to put T3 you have to sacrifice putting T2.

Lord, i hope this is a troll thread.

Sir, id like to warn you, you will probably be addressed with the whole "l2p" speech.

Fact is i agree with what pretty much everyone is saying.
You must be the only person here who thinks volks are not good. Example; STGs, Faust, And fire nades. Need i say more?

JLI? Useless? Nah. JLI are ridiculosly good for OKW, bad for all allies.
Fallschims are amazing. And will destroy at all ranges.

The MG34 is bad? Ha you should try the maxim/50cal

7 Mar 2019, 14:28 PM

7 Mar 2019, 14:32 PM

Guys - we should be more welcoming to new players. I want this game to grow and the toxic community can break the interest for a new players. With that being said, OP please upload a reply so we can make judgement and give you positive feedback.
7 Mar 2019, 14:41 PM

Guys - we should be more welcoming to new players. I want this game to grow and the toxic community can break the interest for a new players. With that being said, OP please upload a reply so we can make judgement and give you positive feedback.

Yeah look you are right. We really cant say much since most of us were probably the same when we started.

OP, please upload the replay, so we can better understand how things went down. More so, feel free to head over to the new players area, and introduce yourself. You'll also find many tips to help out a new player.

Id also recommend checking out the guides here. They're a little dated but most of its the same.
7 Mar 2019, 14:57 PM

I'm not beginner, I'm just frustrated on how useless this faction is after playing it for 300hrs, and if I am the only one thinking that Volks are useless then looks like no1 really plays the game here. And ye, cons are useless, but you are not forced to make them, you go penal batalions that are 2x better than Volks, don't really know how maxim can be bad with 6man squad and have ability to actually supress, and as USF you don't need HMG when you can just spam out pathfinders and give them LMG's and outdamage living crap out of anyone that tries to fight you and I dont say Fallshims and JLI are useless, doctrines they come with are useless
7 Mar 2019, 15:08 PM

@tioopental, maybe a replay one of your games would help to see how you handle this units generally. Many players for example build sandbags, be in a mid range position and can kill alot of rifles
7 Mar 2019, 15:15 PM

I'm not beginner, I'm just frustrated on how useless this faction is after playing it for 300hrs, and if I am the only one thinking that Volks are useless then looks like no1 really plays the game here. And ye, cons are useless, but you are not forced to make them, you go penal batalions that are 2x better than Volks, don't really know how maxim can be bad with 6man squad and have ability to actually supress, and as USF you don't need HMG when you can just spam out pathfinders and give them LMG's and outdamage living crap out of anyone that tries to fight you and I dont say Fallshims and JLI are useless, doctrines they come with are useless

Well, we have people who have played literally more then 10.000 games as ONE faction and they still are so terribly bad at it its not funny, so no, time played is not an indicator of skill or knowledge, you may have 300h played, but you still can be newbie.
7 Mar 2019, 15:22 PM

The game really comes down to is micro, positioning and build order. You have to upload a reply and without it everyone can just laugh this off. The game is 6 years old and people have over 4,000 hours logged into the game (myself included) and we can still be considered "noobs" within a certain faction.
7 Mar 2019, 15:23 PM

I'm not beginner,
[...]

Hey, you heard that, guys? Let's get back to bashing him!

7 Mar 2019, 15:24 PM

Micro positioning and build order abilities shouldn't justify fact that game is unbalanced and full of bullshit unreasonable things
7 Mar 2019, 15:27 PM

Micro positioning and build order abilities shouldn't justify fact that game is unbalanced and full of bullshit unreasonable things

If you don't have micro, positioning, build order and ability use knowlede and skills at certain level, you are literally incapable of correctly labeling what is and isn't imbalanced, you're just capable of speaking bullshit, unreasonable things, like "volks are weak" despite the fact its THE most cost efficient infantry in the whole game who still are top tier infantry after multiple changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★