Login

russian armor

[TEST] Best Long Range Anti Infantry Unit

6 Mar 2019, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2019, 15:28 PMEsxile

KT was OP because of its stats, T-A was OP at release because of its stat. And yet they also had incredible cost also at that time.

Not really base stat was one factor, the performance of its counter was another. Su-85/M36 have been buffed allot and those units would be far less OP in the current state even with their original stats.

Point here is that base stat alone don't mean allot since there are number of other factor in play.

As I have pointed out to you the base that of JLI is not that great to begin with but there is a number of bonuses they get that are too much.
6 Mar 2019, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2019, 16:40 PMVipper

Not really base stat was one factor, the performance of its counter was another. Su-85/M36 have been buffed allot and those units would be far less OP in the current state even with their original stats.

Point here is that base stat alone don't mean allot since there are number of other factor in play.

As I have pointed out to you the base that of JLI is not that great to begin with but there is a number of bonuses they get that are too much.

Didn't mentioned base stats but stats in general. As for what you explained, changing the unit stats or counters stats is the same thing. We didn't cut SU85 price in half to make it better counter to KT.
6 Mar 2019, 17:40 PM

just redid the test of the path finder 2bar vs fusilier g43 and they won at vet 3 vs vet 5 long range and green cover

can u post the video of ur test please

here some screen shoots of mine https://imgur.com/a/d2NQwCn

https://youtu.be/Y3C3QfEpFos
Here the test with 4 confronts at the same time. Fusiliers did win all of them vs Barfinders, but I can understand why in your test the Pathfinders won, you were using beyond the line of sight vision range, I did the tests with the range that almost every unit can see each other because not everyone has the line of sight of Pathfinders and fusiliers.
6 Mar 2019, 17:42 PM

JLI are almost twice as hard to hit
JLI basically ignore cover
JLI snipe threshold is over twice as high
JLI get an out of cover bonus

Bias less

Ignore me that was pointed at Fusis.

A more interesting question. The BARs are higher priority than the Scoped rifles AFAIK, so they lose the snipe rifles before they lose their BAR. At four versus six models pathfinders drop DPS faster and can no longer snipe at half models, while the G43s retain their full damage output as the KARs drop and only the weapon upgrade remains.

Pretty sure the scoped rifles take priority against the BAR on pathfinders, which is why the BARs drop all the time on PFs. Essentially dropping 1-2 models is losing 1-2 BARs of DPS, so if PFus get good rng and drop models quickly pathfinders DPS drops significantly. Although Im still surprised they won considering PFus are more of a mid range squad than a long range squad.
6 Mar 2019, 18:15 PM

6 Mar 2019, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2019, 13:48 PMVipper

In the majority of times when a unit is characterized Over Performing it is meant OP for cost.

I JLI had a price of 500 manpower they would UP for cost.

Well, 2 man sniper squad with sprint was 360mp so idk about that...
7 Mar 2019, 01:08 AM

Pls test rangers with 3 vickers lol

This test should only cover plausible setups. Ranger with 3 vickers or grenadier with 2 M42 should in the tier list
7 Mar 2019, 01:17 AM

https://youtu.be/Y3C3QfEpFos
Here the test with 4 confronts at the same time. Fusiliers did win all of them vs Barfinders, but I can understand why in your test the Pathfinders won, you were using beyond the line of sight vision range, I did the tests with the range that almost every unit can see each other because not everyone has the line of sight of Pathfinders and fusiliers.
no i made sure all the model were firing i put them just before the max range, what u tested is medium range which should be in fusilier favor
7 Mar 2019, 01:55 AM

no i made sure all the model were firing i put them just before the max range, what u tested is medium range which should be in fusilier favor

3-8 meters short
8-22 mid
22-35 long

I did measure now and the units were at a range of 29/29/30/33, so its not medium at all, just not the maximum possible.
7 Mar 2019, 06:34 AM

This test should only cover plausible setups. Ranger with 3 vickers or grenadier with 2 M42 should in the tier list

I mean brit player can drop u 3 vickers.
7 Mar 2019, 11:51 AM

If you want to test the long range performance of a squad, you turn them invinicible, put them at close to farthest range from the enemy (all models can fire on all models), spawn as many cons as you can fit behind the opposite sandbags, more means less room for error, then either delete the sandbags or not, depending on if you want to include cover. Max vet is ideal, so the squad doesn't vet up in the meantime.

The squad that kills the con blob the fastest, is propably the best long range squad (altho crit weapons target random models, so they work better versus single squads. You can target the enemy squads manually for them, if you have the patience.).

Letting squads fight each other means too many variables and the results IMO don't translate that well to real matches.
7 Mar 2019, 15:37 PM

If you want to test the long range performance of a squad, you turn them invinicible, put them at close to farthest range from the enemy (all models can fire on all models), spawn as many cons as you can fit behind the opposite sandbags, more means less room for error, then either delete the sandbags or not, depending on if you want to include cover. Max vet is ideal, so the squad doesn't vet up in the meantime.

The squad that kills the con blob the fastest, is propably the best long range squad (altho crit weapons target random models, so they work better versus single squads. You can target the enemy squads manually for them, if you have the patience.).

Letting squads fight each other means too many variables and the results IMO don't translate that well to real matches.

No, because DPS is not the main attribute responsible to win engagements. Its a mix of Damage/Accuracy/Firerate/Received accuracy/passive dodge/armor and the potential weapon drops as well. Penals have crazy accuracy bonus, but not so good received accuracy so that's why their DPS is high, but very fragile as well while Rangers have a lot of received accuracy bonus and a passive dodge but less accuracy bonus compared to Penals. (Just making a point, I'm not trying to make any balance statement)
7 Mar 2019, 17:27 PM
Donator 22

Bizrock, thx for the test, and thank you for publishing it with a solid description.

I see many people with other ideas, what to test (who could test it themselves) and I see you actually doing this test. Nice contribution! Thanks!
7 Mar 2019, 17:56 PM

Something to consider is that JLI and Pathfinder snipers have only .1 accuracy on the move. If they're forced to move around, their best asset is gone.

If they still need to be nerfed, I would look at the performance of their other rifles, because that's what keeps them protected when the sniper isn't in position. If they had grenadier performance at range, volks performance up close, and maybe more movement penalties, bad JLI play would be easier to punish.

For a pathfinder buff, increasing the moving accuracy to .25 would go a long way.
7 Mar 2019, 18:17 PM

Something to consider is that JLI and Pathfinder snipers have only .1 accuracy on the move. If they're forced to move around, their best asset is gone.

If they still need to be nerfed, I would look at the performance of their other rifles, because that's what keeps them protected when the sniper isn't in position. If they had grenadier performance at range, volks performance up close, and maybe more movement penalties, bad JLI play would be easier to punish.

For a pathfinder buff, increasing the moving accuracy to .25 would go a long way.

Or just reduce their crit threshold?
ddd
7 Mar 2019, 20:03 PM

Yeah fighting defenseless cons blob at max range without them trying to close in translates into real match much better
7 Mar 2019, 21:18 PM

Wouldn't repeatedly letting squads fight each other be literally what a real match is?

The only thing it misses, IMO, is when people hit retreat -- but that varies by individual anyway.
8 Mar 2019, 04:45 AM

In my point of view, most of the times squads that are better at long range usually doesn't need to move.
8 Mar 2019, 05:10 AM

In my point of view, most of the times squads that are better at long range usually doesn't need to move.

Are you saying that you don't try and bayonet the enemy with your sniper rifle? But I thought it was super important that we test close range performance of long range squads to determine who is the most effective long range squad? This thread is confusing
8 Mar 2019, 08:02 AM

Although the sample is small I would be interested to see how Penal with 2 vickers do. When I did some test they where doing quite good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★