Login

russian armor

Transport's Passengers RNG in too high

5 Mar 2019, 08:25 AM

In game there is number of units that can transport troops. When the vehicle is destroyed there in chance for that passenger to be instantly killed. As far as I know that chance is different in some cases.

To make thing even more complicated some snares target the passenger and not the vehicle witch means that disembarking might lead to wipe.

Imo the current situation is too RNG, confusing and complicated and needs fixing.

I would suggest the following changes:

1) Snares do less damage to infatry so that disembarking does not lead to wipes even if passenger are targeted
2) Vehicle destruction critical kill to passengers removed or limited to 1 entity
3) Passenger now have a chance to take damage on vehicle destruction
4) Passenger now are suppressed on vehicle destruction, so that the transports vehicles are not used as kamikaze to break enemy lines.
5 Mar 2019, 11:23 AM

- How can snares go after passengers?
As in reduce infantry's speed?!

Suggestions appear reasonable except #2
- Old way was always everyone killed.
So this randomness is actually more acceptable.
If you want to remove RNG, they could again all die, I suppose.
5 Mar 2019, 11:46 AM

I'd agree with damage over critical kill. It's one of those rng elements that doesn't make the game more fun imo. It can end the game for soviets at the 3 minute mark, for example. Why not let all on board take 50% damage?
5 Mar 2019, 13:17 PM

The Snare going after the units inside is an annoying bug that is not intended (= bug). This should be fixed.
Otherwise I see no problem in the current 50/50 survival rate of the transported soldiers.
5 Mar 2019, 13:56 PM

It can end the game for soviets at the 3 minute mark, for example. Why not let all on board take 50% damage?

There needs to be a risk attached to the ability to run down and wipe retreating squads at that same 3 minute mark.
5 Mar 2019, 14:01 PM

There needs to be a risk attached to the ability to run down and wipe retreating squads at that same 3 minute mark.

Actually the chance to wipe retreating infatry with these vehicles should be lowered so that it less frustrating for both sides.
5 Mar 2019, 14:12 PM

If possible I'd say the least you could do is ensure that at least 1 squad member survives guaranteed. That way you don't get overly punished for somehow losing 4 coin flips in the case of a flamer clown car. 50% Damage might be worse in some cases since squads do take damage while being passengers so a low health squad plus 50% damage on vehicle destruction would guarantee a wipe I would assume. (Although at least you could take this risk knowingly without RNG I guess)
5 Mar 2019, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2019, 14:01 PMVipper

Actually the chance to wipe retreating infatry with these vehicles should be lowered so that it less frustrating for both sides.

Oh I'd agree but there can not be one change without the other, and it should be part of your argument. As long as the clown car is so good at wiping squads, there should be a significant risk attached to using it. Both risk and reward can be lowered, but only both at the same time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★