Login

russian armor

Revamping the revamped Firestorm doctrine

3 Mar 2019, 11:13 AM

That is exactly my idea. Even the change with mortar and leIG18 was my idea, 2 years ago for one patch I presented that idea.

It would fit way better, mortar for OKW, leIG18 for Ostheer.

OKW actually having a mortar would allow the flame grenade to be replaced by normal one, solving some of the issues with VGs. The flame grenade could then be added to doctrine.

Ostheer:
T0: Pioneers ans HMG34

An MG-34 swap both light and heavy could de done more for cosmetic reasons, swapping the model but not the properties.
3 Mar 2019, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 11:13 AMVipper

OKW actually having a mortar would allow the flame grenade to be replaced by normal one, solving some of the issues with VGs. The flame grenade could then be added to doctrine.

An MG-34 swap both light and heavy could de done more for cosmetic reasons, swapping the model but not the properties.

I am in love. Has to be tested.

Like I said, I have no time this week. Are you interested in a small cooperation for a balance-patch? It is way easier simply to show changes, instead of waisting time for discussions.
3 Mar 2019, 11:19 AM

3 Mar 2019, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 11:13 AMVipper

This is getting off topic, but what would a mortar bring that the ISG doesn't already do?
Volks would need the flame nade either way because indirect will always be behind expensive tech and OKW would lose the match before they'd be able to get it.
3 Mar 2019, 12:26 PM

This is getting off topic, but what would a mortar bring that the ISG doesn't already do?
Volks would need the flame nade either way because indirect will always be behind expensive tech and OKW would lose the match before they'd be able to get it.

A mobile counter to HMG, exactly what it brought to USF. LeIG usually stay with flak truck because they can not retreat, on the other hand in ostheer roster they can be protected by the HMG-42, while being a superior support weapon according to faction design.
3 Mar 2019, 14:10 PM

Yep, it becoming really offtopic, but interesting.

E. g. now a small example:
- assault-pioneers with sprint ability, can deploy a small expolsive (a mix of barriers-demos but dps of Geballte)

- Volks with normal grenades and Faust

Only the sprint ability for Pios change the hole lineup, because you can force the MGs to change the trarget. If they force the Pio, the Volks can threw grenades (weak ones of panzer-füssiliere) inf Pio arrives, he can deploy a explosive. After that your unit has waisted all abilities to engage the HMG, now the enemy can push with his own inf.

A UK player can benefit from the extra range of emplacements, to make it not too easy fost OKW reduceing the long-range. A mortar would force OKW to become closer to the enemy. Fitting better to changed design of early game tools and straight forward tactics.

If we now put the leIG18 to Ostheer, we can design the leIG18 more aggressive. Removing passive fire, but push the abilities. Because Ostheer is missing pushing-power. The Gewehrgranate of Grenadiers filling the short-range mortar. LeIG18 give the option to make PaK40 less present, so light tanks has a higher survival rate, but can also be counterd earlier. Moving Ostheer to a more elegant fraction, attacking with coordination.

Has to show my ideo by a mod... my english inst good enough for to formulating my mind.
3 Mar 2019, 14:26 PM

It could make sense if the effectiveness was made close to usfs mortar/pack howi functions, howi having more range but being more expensive
3 Mar 2019, 19:59 PM

I love all the OKM changes suggested. Interesting re design and less cheese too.
I woul like to ask. What if volks came with MP40 by default and you weapon upgrade them into kar98s? Full offensive scheme. Firestrum could then give flamenades to volks.

7 Jul 2019, 12:04 PM

Hi guys,

i would like to bring a up an additional idea for a possible revamp of the firestorm commander in the future.
The Artillery officer would fit really good to the theme. The unit would only need a slight change - i would suggest to give the unit an off map incendiary barrage as part of the veteran abilities.
The arty officer could replace then "incendiary rounds" as commander ability.
7 Jul 2019, 12:55 PM

Support Truck be ambulance is very good idea……
As incendiary ammo,maybe replace by mortar HT more better?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight