Revamping the revamped Firestorm doctrine

1 Mar 2019, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 11:55 AMblancat

SP = free starting unit

penal = need to build tier building and spend 300MP

nice comparison, dude

if u want "cheap pio", play another faction

SP=not free to reinforce (and rather expensive) only repair unit on OKM

penals = no need to hide them behind lines after min 5.

nice comparison, bro

if u want "free penals", play another argument
1 Mar 2019, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2019, 12:37 PMKharn
Back on topic,
-Rocket Barrage is too expensive, give it a cheaper, weaker alternative you can spam instead of having to save up for something easily avoided.

Agreed, Rocket Barrage is too expensive atm. I also suggest to make it cheaper and earlier available. US Cluster Bombs are 90!!! mun cheaper but a lot more effective.
1 Mar 2019, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2019, 13:37 PMVipper

There is no accuracy buff, only reload.

My bad, I thought it was accuracy.
2 Mar 2019, 11:47 AM

Agreed, Rocket Barrage is too expensive atm. I also suggest to make it cheaper and earlier available. US Cluster Bombs are 90!!! mun cheaper but a lot more effective.

This ability has kinda diffrent role that cluster bombs. Best to use it vs ML-20, B4 or forward enemy HQ. This was the key ability synergized with flare in 2v2 when you played double OKW and enemy was spamming artillery (and yet less expective that 300 ammo zeroing artillery ability).

It has some usage but it's really situational.
3 Mar 2019, 01:42 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a lot of posts for excess flame and being offtopic. Keep it on firestorm please.
3 Mar 2019, 07:37 AM

1. Fire-Shell of leIG18 isn't worth it, replace it with something more useful.
-> AT-mode for leIG18. Used like US ammunition-change on tanks. It changes the leIG18 into a small PaK, new weopon-profile. Heat ammunition, low ange shot, fast shell speed. DPS like Panzerschreck.

So OKW gets its PaK.

2. MP40 upgrade is good. No change.

3. Hetzer needs more frotal armor. Same as Tiger 1, so it can benefit of its no-turret.

4. The rocket-arty ability is good... but boring. Why not replace it with something more special? Like Fire-Storm of COH1.

Same weapon-prifile as old leIG18-light arty of Ostheer (so you can kill weapons) but with extra fire-effect. So you also replaced the abikity of leIG18, I removed by first argument before.

5. replace the Opel with a Sdkfz 251.
3 Mar 2019, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

1. Fire-Shell of leIG18 isn't worth it, replace it with something more useful.
-> AT-mode for leIG18. Used like US ammunition-change on tanks. It changes the leIG18 into a small PaK, new weapon-profile. Heat ammunition, low angle shot, fast shell speed. DPS like Panzerschreck.

AT mode for leIG 18 would make it far too powerful. 270MP, already effective against buildings, now able to fight off light vehicles. Why on earth would you ever build a Raketenwerfer?

Miragefla implemented a Hollow Charge single-shot ability for the leIG 18 previously. It wasn't too well received; not enough damage by itself, yet giving it any form of stun would make it OP.

In my opinion, simply make the flame barrage more effective (increase performance). I would increase shots fired per incendiary barrage and/or increase AoE and DoT.
3 Mar 2019, 09:39 AM

AT mode for leIG 18 would make it far too powerful. 270MP, already effective against buildings, now able to fight off light vehicles. Why on earth would you ever build a Raketenwerfer?

Miragefla implemented a Hollow Charge single-shot ability for the leIG 18 previously. It wasn't too well received; not enough damage by itself, yet giving it any form of stun would make it OP.

In my opinion, simply make the flame barrage more effective (increase performance). I would increase shots fired per incendiary barrage and/or increase AoE and DoT.

It would depend on the damage. Like overworked Soviet 45mm gun. It shouldn't replace the Püppchen, but gives a new option. (little bit like Zis-3, but the other direktion and only with commander).

The leIG18 is so or so a bad unit, only useful versus british emplacements. The shell-change would be an alternative for Püppchen, only for the Fire-Storm commander. Also the price reduction was a bad solution.

I also thought about removing the auto-fire and increase the reload by 30 percent + less accuracy (more spread). So leIG18 To push leIG in a more useful way.

Same for US howitzer, so only mortars gives passive fire.

Beside, also M8 howitzer needs some balance changes. By the turret, the fast shell speed and the way too high damage it is way too good ground-attack. It has to get more close too StuG E weapon-profile.

In 3 days my medical exam ends, then I have time for modding. So please... wait before you release anything. xD
3 Mar 2019, 09:47 AM

I am not so sure, the M-42 is cheaper and has 2 fire modes.

LeIG and 7.5 cm StuK 37 L/24 (PzIV D, Stug E) could easily have 2 fire modes (actually LeIG used to have 2 fire modes) direct and indirect fire.

Direct fire mode would be ballistic and could have lower range and some penetration or deflection damage.

Indirect fire mode would be explosion and work similar to now.

One could even take further and swap Leig with the Ostheer mortar since it fits more thematically and probably as factions.

3 Mar 2019, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 09:47 AMVipper

I am not so sure, the M-42 is cheaper and has 2 fire modes.

LeIG and 7.5 cm StuK 37 L/24 (PzIV D, Stug E) could easily have 2 fire modes (actually LeIG used to have 2 fire modes) direct and indirect fire.

Direct fire mode would be ballistic and could have lower range and some penetration or deflection damage.

Indirect fire mode would be explosion and work similar to now.

One could even take further and swap Leig with the Ostheer mortar since it fits more thematically and probably as factions.

That is exactly my idea. Even the change with mortar and leIG18 was my idea, 2 years ago for one patch I presented that idea.

It would fit way better, mortar for OKW, leIG18 for Ostheer.

So leIG18 gets very bad pen, so you have to build PaK40.

leIG18 becomes a counter for light vehicles and maybe ligher mediums like M8.(no real counter, but you can pen them)

It is now off-topic as hell, but there is even a fire-shell ability for Ostheer mortar ingame. Use that for fire-storm commander.

So change the line-up:

Ostheer:
T0: Pioneers ans HMG34
T1: Grens, Sniper, leIG18
T2: PnzGr, 222, 251, PaK40
T3: StuG3, Ostwind, Pnz4
T4: Panther, Brummbär, Panzerwerfer

OKW:
T0: Assault-Pio, Volks, Kübel, Püppchen
(upgraded T1 or T2) FlaK
T1 (med): HMG42, Mortar, UHU
T2 (rep): Luchs, Puma, Stuka-zu-Fuß
T3: Panzer4, Jagdpanzer4, Panther, Obersoldaten

Firestorm:
- Fire-Shells for Mortar
- MP40 upgrade change Volks into a Assaul-Gren clone, Geballte instead of Granatenhagel? Flamer for Pios
- Hetzer improved forntal armor
- SdKfz 251 without mgs and closed netting instead of Opel Blitz (more armor and HP)
- Mabye changed Rocket-Call-in: could be one Sturmtiger shell or simply Stuka. Or a bombing run as Soviet one, but with a He111 on the mini-map. Can be shut down, but can crash.
3 Mar 2019, 10:43 AM

Hetzer is fine, certainly does not need Tiger levels of front armor. Only change it needs is lower veterancy requirements (atm it takes about 65 kills to get vet 5), and maybe slightly lower cost or faster timing somehow. It's a very strong unit when rushed, and it's a good unit overal. Takes down everything short of tanks. Great for urban maps.

ISG incendiary shells just need slightly better accuracy and/or DOT. Maybe add a White Phospherus shell for the Puma to give T2 builds something too.

Rocket arty doesn't need to be changed either - why fix something that isn't broken. It's a good call-in that works fine on static positions.

Opel Blitz can simply be given Ostheer version's ability to lock down territory for extra resources.

(Also removing HMG 42 from Ostheer will break the faction)
3 Mar 2019, 10:57 AM

(Also removing HMG 42 from Ostheer will break the faction)

I see it differently. It is a chance to buff Pioneers (maybe k98 instead of MP40, weaponprofile as cons or füssiliere, so their weaponprofile will no nerf if upgraded with flamer), also a slightly cheaper cost of HMG34 buffs the hole early.

Also Assault-Grens would become more special.

I think, it will fix Ostheers early. Also alliis will be happy, if there are no HMG42 anymore.

Also less suppression for the standard HMG will allow us to buff Ostwind, with a suppression ability, changing the weapon-profile to OKW base stats for 15-20 sec, locking AA.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★