Login

russian armor

Recon units/abilities are too affordable and available

5 Feb 2019, 22:19 PM

have you seen the royal arty´regiment early warning? flares over the whole frontline. Much fun.

Yes I have. That's not a good idea for an ability either, but at least it's not spammable
5 Feb 2019, 23:42 PM

Because valentine has combat capability ffs.

If certain units are OP ppl will abuse them. If the uhu was so broken as ur all seem to make out, it would be being abused majority of games but it doesn't. I see it rarely and only in team games.

You guys also need to understand OKW dont have access to other non doc recon overflight like USF, and correct me if i'm wrong only have access to recon in 2 doctrines (luftwaffe and special operations).

The only reason why Uhu doesnt get used super much (it gets used quite often) is -fortunately- because most players are "stupid" and didnt understand in 4 years how damn cheesy this unit is for such a low price. In 1v1 it hasnt really been discovered yet or it is irrelevant but most CoH2 Twitch streams are 1v1, so it doesnt get spread in this way.

Not only that it bugs out sooner or later and reveals many units permanently, but it also shows literally EVERYTHING apart from mines in the target area, forever and without cooldown. It even allows you to click on spotted enemy units, making it possible to pinpoint the arc of fire of HMGs and AT guns so you can always push in and flank perfectly and spot locations for a good engagement with low manpower loss. You pay only 200/5 and the enemy cannot counter it at all.

But as I said, many players are "dumb" in that regard fortunately.

5 Feb 2019, 23:52 PM

have you seen the royal arty´regiment early warning? flares over the whole frontline. Much fun.

It is annoying but it suffers from stupid RNG. The flares are super random, sometimes 2 flares can land on the same spot and it's pure luck to reveal important targets like Howitzers or OKW HQs with it, especially if the map is very big
6 Feb 2019, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If certain units are OP ppl will abuse them. If the uhu was so broken as ur all seem to make out, it would be being abused majority of games but it doesn't. I see it rarely and only in team games.

You guys also need to understand OKW dont have access to other non doc recon overflight like USF, and correct me if i'm wrong only have access to recon in 2 doctrines (luftwaffe and special operations).

The mechanic on itself is broken. One of the reasons why i'm sure they removed it from the Valentine when they reworked it.

But because a mechanic is broken, it doesn't mean it can be used effectively by anyone. If people weren't able to abuse say the JPIV stealth mechanic before, it doesn't mean it wasn't completely overpowered on it's own.

Sorry to say it but most of the people who play ARE BAD. If this game was played by a sheer bigger playerbase, with people ABLE to abuse it's core mechanic, things like this would be brought to light in a faster way.

This is just "another bug/mechanic" like using ghostsandbags. Outside of top 100, it won't do a thing.

15 Feb 2019, 23:29 PM

UhU is one of the the mentioned concerns. Flares and recon lotiers which reveal half of the biggest 4v4 maps for a cheap cost are problematic as well.
16 Feb 2019, 00:12 AM

Daily reminder that IR HT STILL has that bug that reveal a unit permanently.
16 Feb 2019, 01:09 AM

It is annoying but it suffers from stupid RNG. The flares are super random, sometimes 2 flares can land on the same spot and it's pure luck to reveal important targets like Howitzers or OKW HQs with it, especially if the map is very big

also in my experience 50% of times the flares never fire and you waste munis.
16 Feb 2019, 01:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2019, 21:48 PMTobis

Then why does nobody use it?

It's a lame unit but you are overexaggerating its usefulness.

I don't understand why people keep saying this when it's just not true. Sure maybe the top 10% of players don't use it because they don't understand how useful it is, especially in a 1v1 where on some maps it can cover the entire damn thing. In 2v2s, 3v3s, and 4v4s anywhere from ranks 1000-100 I see it used more often than not, because why the hell would you not want a legitimate map hack that you can use to coordinate artillery and commander abilities for a price so low that it's basically free?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★