Login

russian armor

Conscript Utility

PAGES (14)down
17 Feb 2019, 19:22 PM

Would removing the received accuracy penalty on them would make them broken op?
17 Feb 2019, 19:26 PM

Would removing the received accuracy penalty on them would make them broken op?

Do 3% accuracy bulletins make any unit OP?
Because that's the impact it would have.
3% is utterly nothing against units that get 30-60% DPS increase against them.
17 Feb 2019, 19:31 PM

Conscript spam was a viable strategy and the game was stale.

From a design point of view Soviet have more option available to them than other faction and the approach so far has been to change what the unit spammed.

The was a time a of conscript spam, of maxim spam, of penal spam and even of Shock/Guard spam.

The approach should change and create room for more the one unit to be used.
17 Feb 2019, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2019, 19:31 PMVipper
Conscript spam was a viable strategy and the game was stale.

From a design point of view Soviet have more option available to them than other faction and the approach so far has been to change what the unit spammed.

The was a time a of conscript spam, of maxim spam, of penal spam and even of Shock/Guard spam.

The approach should change and create room for more the one unit to be used.

That's why I think cons should act as super lite officers via oorah. If oorah makes the maxim function as a machine gun suddenly you have cons and maxims instead of just a wall of maxims. If they are supposed to be the prime support infantry let them support! If it's tied to munitions it's better to balance but also can have strong units like penals dialed back and cheapened with that in mind. Cons could and should be in every engagement, providing bodies and a few inaccurate rifle volleys but also inspiration.
18 Feb 2019, 03:10 AM

You are impossible to discuss with because you are incapable of maintaining a coherent train of thought, addressing what is actually being discussed or not insulting somebody. It's not worth it.

I am posting rational facts with the only connotation of proving each word of yours wrong.
If you consider that offensive, i sadly have to pinch your fantasy bubble into reality. Elaboration of facts is the best if not the only way to prove something is wrong/right.
Victimhood is not necessary here in order to get shed some light for the topic being discussed.

I also brought a lot of content that you blatantly ignored, so pls, if you disagree just say that, but dont play hero because its only hurting yourself.

I am in need to say that as long as you keep making personal accusations you are exposed to being accused in the same manner. Why dont you just stay in topic. Tnx
18 Feb 2019, 04:39 AM

Make maxim a conscript lmg upgrade. Setup doesn't stop movement, but lowers squad speed by 10%. Supression is on par with the RE ability with maybe more cover negation. DHsK is the new soviet HMG.
18 Feb 2019, 04:50 AM

Something I don't think a lot of people realize is that conscripts are a squad that should fight from cover. They don't get the cool little icon, but the halved RA is a much larger benefit to them due to the way multiplied percentages work. The halved incoming damage from green cover is huge considering the 6 man squad size.

Give them the maxim as an LMG that makes them a slow defensive squad. The squad should function like a normal LMG squad except with a .9 movespeed multiplier(still can oorah), and a particularly long windup animation.
18 Feb 2019, 08:00 AM

Something I don't think a lot of people realize is that conscripts are a squad that should fight from cover. They don't get the cool little icon, but the halved RA is a much larger benefit to them due to the way multiplied percentages work. The halved incoming damage from green cover is huge considering the 6 man squad size.

Give them the maxim as an LMG that makes them a slow defensive squad. The squad should function like a normal LMG squad except with a .9 movespeed multiplier(still can oorah), and a particularly long windup animation.

And how are they going to win against anything?
They have little over 2(TWO) DPS against grens in green cover and grens don't exactly want to close in.

Unless you know some stalin magic that would make cover cons are in the only cover within range of shooting, which is less then possible outside of setting up sandbags on ice.
18 Feb 2019, 08:56 AM

Make maxim a conscript lmg upgrade. Setup doesn't stop movement, but lowers squad speed by 10%. Supression is on par with the RE ability with maybe more cover negation. DHsK is the new soviet HMG.

Although realism comes second to balance, having maxim and Lmg in the same sentence sound more like a joke. Water cooled mg where nothing but light (maxim was around 64Kg) and turning maxim to an "lmg" would be completely unrealistic.
18 Feb 2019, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 08:56 AMVipper

Although realism comes second to balance, having maxim and Lmg in the same sentence sound more like a joke. Water cooled mg where nothing but light (maxim was around 64Kg) and turning maxim to an "lmg" would be completely unrealistic.

Not to mention that the soviets HAVE a light machine gun, already in the game files. Why would you opt for a maxim?
18 Feb 2019, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 08:00 AMKatitof

And how are they going to win against anything?
They have little over 2(TWO) DPS against grens in green cover and grens don't exactly want to close in.

Unless you know some stalin magic that would make cover cons are in the only cover within range of shooting, which is less then possible outside of setting up sandbags on ice.

Conscripts don't benefit substantially from cover, at least not anymore than other squads.

I was wrong, and got target size confused with how high ROF is better than high accuracy in cover situations.

Regardless, the light suppression would give them a unique mechanic that gives them situations where they win late game fights. Make it so the suppression only kicks in if the conscripts are in heavy cover.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 08:56 AMVipper

The squad would have a movement debuff so I don't see how it's breaking realism. I only mention LMGs because this new maxim wouldn't have an arc, but instead auto target with a long windup.

Not to mention that the soviets HAVE a light machine gun, already in the game files. Why would you opt for a maxim?

I really don't want to read another thread about maxims on top of all the conscript threads so I'm mainly trying to kill two birds with one stone here.
18 Feb 2019, 10:59 AM

The squad would have a movement debuff so I don't see how it's breaking realism. I only mention LMGs because this new maxim wouldn't have an arc, but instead auto target with a long windup.

I can't even start to explain how bad this suggestion is so I simply mention the technical issues. Maxim is an mg on wheels so there will they will be no animation or the unit will suffer from death loop.
18 Feb 2019, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 10:59 AMVipper

I can't even start to explain how bad this suggestion is so I simply mention the technical issues. Maxim is an mg on wheels so there will they will be no animation or the unit will suffer from death loop.

IDK the technical issues, but unless you're a developer I don't think you know for certain either. Deathloops are exclusive to team weapons to my knowledge. Beyond weird coding I don't think there's any reason it can't use the already existing animation while transferring just like all of the other lmgs.
18 Feb 2019, 12:02 PM

I don't think you know what common sense is guy. You seem to think it's some sort of magical word that jerks your ego off.

You want to turn team weapon that requires a wheeled cart to move into infantry "LMG".
You've lost too many marbles to even argue with.
18 Feb 2019, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2019, 12:02 PMKatitof

You want to turn team weapon that requires a wheeled cart to move into infantry "LMG".
You've lost too many marbles to even argue with.

Ah I've seen the light! Clearly a maxim with different stats being wheeled around as part of a six man squad is an absurd deviation from the current status quo in which a maxim is being wheeled around by a six man squad.
18 Feb 2019, 12:57 PM

I think soviet T1 should unlock molotov at least, then T2 unlocks AT grenade.
18 Feb 2019, 13:39 PM

Ah I've seen the light! Clearly a maxim with different stats being wheeled around as part of a six man squad is an absurd deviation from the current status quo in which a maxim is being wheeled around by a six man squad.

Here's why its a bad idea then
1. Giving suppresion to infantry is a bad idea, something we have learned long ago, there's a reason we only get it via ability (Rear Echelons) that has been nerfed into near-uselessness or Vet 5 Obersoldaten(Or has it been removed already? i don't remember)
2. The amount of suppresion given would either be so low you would need to mass Conscripts to see any effect (pro tip: we don't want that) or it would be so powerful it could be classified as "cancer incarnate" (we don't want that either)
3. Limiting suppression to green cover only doesn't really work on infanrty that can build its own green cover
4. Seriously, we don't want suppression on infantry, really.
5. Outisde of suppresion, even if it is technically possible to have Maxims be part of a regular inf squad, and even if it is possible le to make it work without being clunky, buggy and with broken animations, no one will actually go through with the effort to get the same result as simply giving them literally any other LMG we already have in the game, and having it behave the way you suggested (limited movement speed, long setup time). Its a cool looking gimmick at best.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS