Login

russian armor

No Panzer III?

26 Sep 2013, 01:09 AM

New DLC commanders seem to just be a mix of old units that were already in single player.

Does anyone else feel that a panzerIII/II would've been more suitable for the "mechanised assault" commander than just a cheap STUGIII E replacement, because it kind off looks like they wanted to add a lighter tank with good AI (similar to T70).

So lazy that they didn't give DCE buyers for free, when they didn't even add any real new units/models/ or even unit responses ...
26 Sep 2013, 01:33 AM

the panzer III for an eastern front game is a must. however, since the games release i have not seen any new models made by relic at all. the new doctrines just moved units from ToW into multiplayer. i think the guys who made the models for relic are not working anymore, or sega just doesn't want to pay them for new models.
26 Sep 2013, 02:05 AM
Donator 11

they should release flak 88 and king tiger too!
6 Mar 2016, 06:24 AM
Senior Editor Badge

So So So sorry to necro this thread but are there any files with the P3 title in the game? I recall there being some uncovered maybe a year or 14 months ago but don't recall.
6 Mar 2016, 06:46 AM

I found this on reddit, about a year old.

There existed in the game files attributes for a Panzer III that was added sometime around when Case Blue ToW was released. There are no models or other assets for it in the current CoH2 archives, but it seems it was planned for the Ostheer, just never quite made it in.
attrib\attrib\ebps\races\german\vehicles\panzer_iii_sdkfz_161\panzer_iii_mp.rgd

Unfortunately, I don't know how to open the game files, so I cant verify that the files are still in the game.
6 Mar 2016, 06:53 AM

I found this on reddit, about a year old.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to open the game files, so I cant verify that the files are still in the game.

It's still there, using Panzer IV model.

6 Mar 2016, 09:37 AM

I also saw a 50mm Panzer III gun while playing with the ballistic weapons in the Mod Tools, so yeah, maybe they're saving it for later like the .30 cal M1919A4 and M2 60mm mortar which also have models but no animations.
6 Mar 2016, 11:47 AM

I like to imagine the Panzer III to come in a commander along with the Motorcycle. Early war eastern front germans had that whole light vehicle thing going on, right? I think these 2 units could represent that theme. I know I saw a bunch of photos of the german army advancing thorugh vast plains on the Eastern front with Motorcycles, so it would be a nice combination IMO.

Also, there is actually a (currently unused) voice announcer line for Ostheer that talks about a Panzer III. It can be found on YouTube (some video about "unused audio in CoH 2" or sth...)
6 Mar 2016, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 11:47 AMFluffi
I like to imagine the Panzer III to come in a commander along with the Motorcycle. Early war eastern front germans had that whole light vehicle thing going on, right? I think these 2 units could represent that theme. I know I saw a bunch of photos of the german army advancing thorugh vast plains on the Eastern front with Motorcycles, so it would be a nice combination IMO.

Also, there is actually a (currently unused) voice announcer line for Ostheer that talks about a Panzer III. It can be found on YouTube (some video about "unused audio in CoH 2" or sth...)

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDNG3nJPL8

The Jaegers are still in the Wehr unit list in the mod files but are using the OKW Jaeger models, same goes for the OKW, they got Stormtroopers that are using the same models, wait, aren't the Stormtroopers and Jaegers all using the same models?
6 Mar 2016, 13:06 PM

Maybe they hold it back, because it will be the main tank of the Afrika Korps addon, kappa
6 Mar 2016, 13:50 PM

Too weak for the mighty Germans :snfCHVGame:
6 Mar 2016, 14:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDNG3nJPL8

The Jaegers are still in the Wehr unit list in the mod files but are using the OKW Jaeger models, same goes for the OKW, they got Stormtroopers that are using the same models, wait, aren't the Stormtroopers and Jaegers all using the same models?

Actually, Jäger, Stormtroopers and Panzergrenadiere all use the same model! There's just two different skins for it.

As for the Panzer III, I don't think there's a model, just several attribute files. It's the same with the M2 60mm mortar, I think. There's a working M1 81mm mortar, though! The M1919A4 has a model, but it looks pretty bad.
6 Mar 2016, 15:16 PM

Actually, Jäger, Stormtroopers and Panzergrenadiere all use the same model! There's just two different skins for it.

As for the Panzer III, I don't think there's a model, just several attribute files. It's the same with the M2 60mm mortar, I think. There's a working M1 81mm mortar, though! The M1919A4 has a model, but it looks pretty bad.

Skins? Huh, so that's why they looked the same in the Editor, I was kinda confused about that, heh, lazy Relic.

And yeah I know about those, as I said I have only see the 50mm gun that was supposed to be on it, as well as the models of the M1919A4 and M2 60mm mortar, the M1 was in Ardenness Assault.

But that video sheds more light on what could have been tho, especially for the OKW since most of the stuff mentioned there is basically already in game but not used, as far as the Wehrmacht goes... a few of the abilities and units are from the Urban Assault, I've never heard of the others, well, except for the Panzer III of course. Oh yeah and the Soviets with their Not One Step back commander.

Interestingly enough there were planned combat groups like in CoH where you would get random vehicles and infantry units, those were fun to use when you had the man power for them and went Infantry Company.
6 Mar 2016, 15:49 PM

So wish this game brought PzIII in some commander...
6 Mar 2016, 19:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

HOTCHKISS

6 Mar 2016, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 19:10 PMTobis
HOTCHKISS

Tobis no. First pzIII

6 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 19:20 PMThamor

Tobis no. First pzIII

Why do you hate fun and unique units?

You wont see this shit in War Thunder.
6 Mar 2016, 20:03 PM

Maybe a commander for OKW that has access to some converted French equipment? There were a couple divisions in Normandy that had a decent amount.

Flamethrowing-Char

Hotchkiss with a howitzer

6 Mar 2016, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 19:35 PMTobis

Why do you hate fun and unique units?

You wont see this shit in War Thunder.

Love Hotchkiss, but I really want PzIII to be in this game somehow and it was 1 of the most used tank in both west & east fronts...

If they bring Hotchkiss, no chance for PzIII to come out :)

And who can't like this beautiful tank.

7 Mar 2016, 00:20 AM

There's also a lot of content that is used for single player campaigns and challenges, as well as Ardennes assault, that has never made its way into multiplayer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★