Login

russian armor

Feelings after the Decemberpatch

PAGES (10)down
10 Jan 2019, 12:49 PM

Well, i started to using tactical support regiment (have to admit that haven't played it in before in mod so i haven't find out about it earlier) and what I notice that the ablities in british HQ in tactical support regiment haven't been changed.
As much as i like general changes to it i have to point out that abilities inside like AI strafe, smoke barrage etc are way way way overpriced.
60 ammo smoke barrage or 150 ammo for 1 passage of AI strafe used on still quite small area around HQ is really not worth it's price. And again you have to wait 8 CPs for it. Let me just remind that Soviet HQ has it's ability free (although weaker).

I mean what's the point of revamp if this ability is still completly useless, and as balance team did you even test those abilities?

I know it's quite late to balance it right now but just make simple cost reduction for (at least -33% current price)
10 Jan 2019, 15:33 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2019, 12:49 PMStark

Well, i started to using tactical support regiment (have to admit that haven't played it in before in mod so i haven't find out about it earlier) and what I notice that the ablities in british HQ in tactical support regiment haven't been changed.
As much as i like general changes to it i have to point out that abilities inside like AI strafe, smoke barrage etc are way way way overpriced.
60 ammo smoke barrage or 150 ammo for 1 passage of AI strafe used on still quite small area around HQ is really not worth it's price. And again you have to wait 8 CPs for it. Let me just remind that Soviet HQ has it's ability free (although weaker).

I mean what's the point of revamp if this ability is still completly useless, and as balance team did you even test those abilities?

I know it's quite late to balance it right now but just make simple cost reduction for (at least -33% current price)

I personal had in the whole patch sadly way less time than in the dbp for 1 year ago. I can't tell you, who or how many played this commanders.
But i agree i think most people played the sexton one as brit.
In this patch were many many changes so yes its possible that 1 change - or No change at all happend and "failed" kind of.

Thats the point of Time. Nobody gets money from Relic. So all people, who are working on patches do that in their freetime. That's why its soo important that player like you test the mod and give feedback.
The mod of this patch was very long time public.

And well even when relic made the commanders / patch; some commanderes were always less strong. Its normal. We have soo many commanders in coh2 at all.
12 Jan 2019, 00:10 AM

I think the sector bombardment from overwatch is kinda OP. Even when the circle goes out and the planes go away, there's a chance that you may receive a bombardment on your head. There is no clue to how much time do you have to wait till the ability really ends, and at least a couple of times I lost whole squads trying to advance after the minimap marker went off.
12 Jan 2019, 04:16 AM

I think the sector bombardment from overwatch is kinda OP. Even when the circle goes out and the planes go away, there's a chance that you may receive a bombardment on your head. There is no clue to how much time do you have to wait till the ability really ends, and at least a couple of times I lost whole squads trying to advance after the minimap marker went off.

The actual ability is also like 2x larger than the minimap circle and it seems to have a pretty fast cooldown (faster than p47s at least I think). Kinda broken in almost any game mode because you can just baselock people with it by calling it somewhat nearby their base sector, since the thing takes up like 1/3 of a 1v1 map.
13 Jan 2019, 10:48 AM

Nobody gets money from Relic. So all people, who are working on patches do that in their freetime.

The saying goes if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Wonder what you get when you pay nothing.

I really cannot begin to describe how braindead and boring I find the game since the community started contributing. 12 month ago i used to rank mid 200s, now i lack the will to maintain a rank under 1000.

Community patches have done little but promote every boring, cheesey, campy strat that is possible. ALso just because it is free or different doesn't mean its better.

Taking a break also does nothing except heighten the disappointment, because when you don't play the mind starts to think it wasn't that bad, it will be better this time. Nope. Wrong.
13 Jan 2019, 14:35 PM

The Sturmtiger rockets in real life were similar to the rockets used in the Stuka zu Fuss, although the rockets had a higher payload and much greater range (about 3x that of the rockets used in the Stuka/Nebelwerfers). How about making the Sturmtiger more like a mobile B4 unit with adjustments- less devastating shell, slower reload. Have it's two shells available which were HE and a shaped charge, so HE could be used like a weaker B4 (high AOE, low pen, long range) and the shaped charge can be activated for more pen and use against vehicles (high pen and damage, quicker firing time, low AOE, short range).
As it stands the Sturmtiger is completely unusable against any sort of player that is not BRAINAFK.
21 Jan 2019, 11:46 AM

Imo shock troops are simply OP

They are extremely strong for their time frame and they have too much DPS even at mid range and the combination of the smoke grenade and the more powerful HE grenade is simply over the top.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment