Login

russian armor

All Oberkommando commanders are ridiculous part 1- Overwatch

18 Dec 2018, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 22:26 PMmadin2
I´ve only played a few brits games so far in the new patch and JLI spam felt pretty op against brits.

It is strong, true.

But, it should be possible to fortify your Emplacements while centaur or bofors destroy the plain. You can counter it. British bombardemant you cant.
18 Dec 2018, 19:01 PM

Overwatch is good, especially in 1v1, but is not op. Goliath is entirely skill based. Flares are good, but they are one of the main focuses of the doctrine. For the Vaterland and sector, assault is okay. Jaeger Light infantry are good too, but come on. They are meant to be good. They have no Snares. The howitzer is useless in 1v1.
Ps, this is for 1v1 because I only play 1v1.
18 Dec 2018, 20:02 PM

I'm willing to accept there's an element of L2P in why JLI can face-roll me more often than not, but there have been multiple (4+) occasions where an HMG on a single squad (and in one case 2 HMGs) were getting models dropped before the damn things got suppressed. I do mean models, too, not just 1. And for some HMGs that just means death loop.

I think it might be the HP threshold for the sniper effect.

I do not know what the threshold is set to, but it seems to be a very easy for them to snipe -- much more so than for pathfinders, even with a BAR.

Dunno, I am not one to scream for nerfs so fast after a patch so I'm not actively calling for changes, though it is uncanny seeing them in so many games and repeatedly seeing the same pattern of HMG losing to it.
18 Dec 2018, 20:08 PM

I'm willing to accept there's an element of L2P in why JLI can face-roll me more often than not, but there have been multiple (4+) occasions where an HMG on a single squad (and in one case 2 HMGs) were getting models dropped before the damn things got suppressed. I do mean models, too, not just 1. And for some HMGs that just means death loop.

I do not know what the threshold is set to, but it seems to be a very easy for them to snipe -- much more so than for pathfinders, even with a BAR.

Dunno, I am not one to scream for nerfs so fast after a patch so I'm not actively calling for changes, though it is uncanny seeing them in so many games and repeatedly seeing the same pattern of HMG losing to it.

80% for scoped G43

Pathfinder’s rifle has lower threshold, but I am not sure what it is.
18 Dec 2018, 20:08 PM

If you send your MG to the battle at 100% hp they have no issue dealing with J-Li. I know that it might not always be possible to do so. I experienced what you descripe as well. The Jäger Light sniper takes down the first MG model with the first shot and then the MG struggles to recover especially if the next MG model is below the threshold as well.
18 Dec 2018, 20:12 PM

I understand but that's not feasible unless the MG is returning from base/medic.

And even at full HP, if there is more than one squad, like my experience on Lanzerath Ambush showed me, is that they can still face-tank DPS it.

My .50 cal had all 3 bunched squads in yellow suppression and they just started picking models off left and right from the overall DPS.

I can appreciate that some infantry can be designed to destroy HMGs, like those who can carry out the ever coveted "smoke and flank" tactic, but you can spam JLI as your main infantry unit and so it becomes... difficult.

I think the rest of their abilities, though good, are fine, but if they can snipe a model if it's received any damage at all then it becomes very tedious -- especially in late game where indirect fire is common.

edit: anyway, I am willing to accept that "This is just how it is" and adapt my strategy whenever I see that OKW commander, but given how much contentiousness there is with sniper effects, it is functionally accepting that for JLI in a teamgame, they are effectively 5 man snipers in late game.
18 Dec 2018, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 21:40 PMtank4

My mistake. They don't have them but they are still a very powerful squad

>saying a commander is op
>never played the commander or knows the ability
mmmmmhhhhhhhhh
⠰⡿⠿⠛⠛⠻⠿⣷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣄⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠛⣿⣿⣿⡛⠿⠷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁

⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣷⣄⠀⢶⣶⣷⣶⣶⣤⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⠗
⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣴⣶⡄
⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣥⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠃
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡁
⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉
18 Dec 2018, 21:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

JLI scoped G43 snipes at 75% threshold.
Pathfinders scoped garands snipe at 40% threshold, pathfinders get 2 scoped garands.
18 Dec 2018, 22:01 PM

Only Airborne Pathfinders get 2 scoped garands, IRs get only one, which makes them better in combat often.
18 Dec 2018, 22:37 PM

Dunno then, maybe the solution is to do just that and go barfinders -- tho I find them often failing miserably when I see others use them.

Or, as USF, to rely more on vehicles and less on infantry I guess.

75% for most squads is 60 hp right? so 2 shots into 3rd shot being a snipe. Or a single nade, flamer, or any AOE really.

I guess the dreaded double scott strategy would work.
18 Dec 2018, 22:56 PM

No point on putting BARs on Pathies until they get vet3, if you even have the spare munitions lategame, better give them to rifles who will screen them.
18 Dec 2018, 23:23 PM

That puts us back at square one. Maybe I need to accept my inner twistedtootsie and go for mechanized. Dang shame since assengineers+wolverines are so fun.
19 Dec 2018, 18:46 PM

Armor is good, really hecking good, if you enjoy it stick to it.
But Mechanized is a lot of fun, specially Upgunned Shermans, glassy but can do some damage.
20 Dec 2018, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 03:26 AMThamor

They need to spend a lot of ammo to get the sniper rifle upgrade, so no stg volks early --> no mines early. L2P issue for this. This is again just basic whine from allied fanboys, play more games, change tactics if you see Jaegers, play better =)

I never said they are OP or require a change. I am simply saying that as an OKW player, I find this unit to be very high performing compared to what I have at disposal when I play other factions.

This is my conclusion after L2P. If I didn't L2P, I would have said this unit sucks and is useless.
20 Dec 2018, 04:01 AM

Only Airborne Pathfinders get 2 scoped garands, IRs get only one, which makes them better in combat often.

airborne paths are better without bars, but IRs are better since you can actually put 2 bars without worrying so much while the airborne is a piñata with 2 bars.

and the scoped garand does 16 damage and M1 does 10 damage.
20 Dec 2018, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 04:01 AMzerocoh

airborne paths are better without bars, but IRs are better since you can actually put 2 bars without worrying so much while the airborne is a piñata with 2 bars.

and the scoped garand does 16 damage and M1 does 10 damage.

why do you think that vanilla airborne pathfinders are better than airborne barfinders? just because aiborne barfinders have a quite high chance of dropping their bars?
20 Dec 2018, 16:04 PM

why do you think that vanilla airborne pathfinders are better than airborne barfinders? just because aiborne barfinders have a quite high chance of dropping their bars?

Do JLI have panzerfausts? They can be good at killing MGs but for balance reasons they shouldn't have also have a snare or AT ability.
20 Dec 2018, 16:27 PM

No, they don't have a snare.
20 Dec 2018, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 16:04 PMCODGUY

Do JLI have panzerfausts? They can be good at killing MGs but for balance reasons they shouldn't have also have a snare or AT ability.

They don't have a snare no, but raks are cheap and one might not even know they are there....
20 Dec 2018, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2018, 16:04 PMCODGUY

how is that related to my question?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS