Login

russian armor

All Oberkommando commanders are ridiculous part 1- Overwatch

17 Dec 2018, 20:26 PM

I think every Oberkommando commander (maybe except Scavenge) is ridiculous. In this part i will talk about new Overwatch
-Jaeger Light Infantry Recon Squad-they are very powerful long range squad which can win against all soviet units at range, have sprint to avoid HMG, have infiltration grenades that are cheap and can easily wipe squads, they can set up traps on points and you can get them as soon as at 1 cp
-Early Warning which allows enemy to almost constantly see your unit. It's also free.

-For the Fatherland and Goliath arent that bad but can be very annoying
-LefH.18 is very hard to counter because you always need to destroy Schwerer Panzer Headquarters first and the best way to destroy it is using your artillery units but you can't because the howitzer will kill them.
-the new sector assault I admit I don't have as much experience with this it but still after change it seems very random

Tell me what you think about this commander.
Thanks for reading
Sorry go broken English
Phy
17 Dec 2018, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 20:26 PMtank4

LOL implying that an ability should be bad.
17 Dec 2018, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 20:46 PMPhy

LOL implying that an ability should be bad.

I meant they aren't that bad to hard with
17 Dec 2018, 21:21 PM

Overwatch Doc has no access to infiltration grenades.
17 Dec 2018, 21:40 PM

Overwatch Doc has no access to infiltration grenades.

My mistake. They don't have them but they are still a very powerful squad
17 Dec 2018, 22:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They have them on scavenge doctrine.
17 Dec 2018, 22:06 PM

The only thing I'd say can be considered op is the JLI and the Sector Assault destroying everything.
17 Dec 2018, 22:15 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

While I personally have fought against the JLI spam once so far, I'd like to hear what tobis will say when he makes his post. They do seem VERY powerful for a 250MP squad + 45muni with scoped G43.
17 Dec 2018, 22:23 PM

The only thing I'd say can be considered op is the JLI and the Sector Assault destroying everything.

Agree.
17 Dec 2018, 22:26 PM

I´ve only played a few brits games so far in the new patch and JLI spam felt pretty op against brits.

Sector assault is in my opinion a bit overtuned due to the fact that the AOE is way bigger than the UI symbol in the miniap suggest.
I've got multiple squad wipes in my base sector.
17 Dec 2018, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 22:04 PMTobis
They have them on scavenge doctrine.

The scavenge doctrine?
What's that? never heard of it.
18 Dec 2018, 02:53 AM

OKW Jaegers is hands down the highest impact call-in units in the game due to it's synergy with Volk blobs.

This unit's ability to snipe units at such an early point in a match is borderline OP.
It is also ridiculously good at holding garrisons due to it's long vision and ability to drop models from range.

I think some adjustment, either though raising CP requirement or lowering squad model number is warranted for such a cheap but highly effective unit.
18 Dec 2018, 03:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 20:26 PMtank4
I think every Oberkommando commander (maybe except Scavenge) is ridiculous. In this part i will talk about new Overwatch
-Jaeger Light Infantry Recon Squad-they are very powerful long range squad which can win against all soviet units at range, have sprint to avoid HMG, have infiltration grenades that are cheap and can easily wipe squads, they can set up traps on points and you can get them as soon as at 1 cp
-Early Warning which allows enemy to almost constantly see your unit. It's also free.

-LefH.18 is very hard to counter because you always need to destroy Schwerer Panzer Headquarters first and the best way to destroy it is using your artillery units but you can't because the howitzer will kill them.
-the new sector assault I admit I don't have as much experience with this it but still after change it seems very random

Tell me what you think about this commander.
Thanks for reading
Sorry go broken English

L2P issue here...
18 Dec 2018, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 02:53 AMsrider
OKW Jaegers is hands down the highest impact call-in units in the game due to it's synergy with Volk blobs.

This unit's ability to snipe units at such an early point in a match is borderline OP.
It is also ridiculously good at holding garrisons due to it's long vision and ability to drop models from range.

I think some adjustment, either though raising CP requirement or lowering squad model number is warranted for such a cheap but highly effective unit.

They need to spend a lot of ammo to get the sniper rifle upgrade, so no stg volks early --> no mines early. L2P issue for this. This is again just basic whine from allied fanboys, play more games, change tactics if you see Jaegers, play better =)
18 Dec 2018, 04:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 03:26 AMThamor

They need to spend a lot of ammo to get the sniper rifle upgrade, so no stg volks early --> no mines early. L2P issue for this. This is again just basic whine from allied fanboys, play more games, change tactics if you see Jaegers, play better =)

45 muni is literally the cheapest weapon upgrade in the game.
18 Dec 2018, 05:11 AM

Remember when axis players raged about how 45 muni was too cheap of an upgrade for 3 ppshs?
18 Dec 2018, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2018, 03:26 AMThamor

45-90 muni is not a "lot of ammo."
18 Dec 2018, 13:04 PM

Jaegers don't have any form of AT or snare and they don't have grenades (except for the two people actually using Scavange) so they can easily be countered by light vehicles or by CQC infantry.

IMO it's mostly a L2P issue and people haven't yet adapted to countering them properly. Like if I play OKW and see USF spamming Pathfinders I pick Elite Armor and put some 221s in their faces.
18 Dec 2018, 15:12 PM

Well i dont see how you cant deal with lefh as soviets.
18 Dec 2018, 16:29 PM

Jaegers don't have any form of AT or snare and they don't have grenades (except for the two people actually using Scavange) so they can easily be countered by light vehicles or by CQC infantry.

IMO it's mostly a L2P issue and people haven't yet adapted to countering them properly. Like if I play OKW and see USF spamming Pathfinders I pick Elite Armor and put some 221s in their faces.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 18
unknown 15
unknown 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L