Login

russian armor

Alliance of Defiance Version 2

16 Dec 2018, 16:41 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Welcome to the new version of Alliance of Defiance thread. The purpose of this thread is to share the changes thus far, galvanize people to play the map, create a center of sharing for feedback and, hopefully, many replays which will be used to refine the map further. Join the steam group to get easier access to people to test with https://steamcommunity.com/groups/AODV2

A link to the map is below simply click the link below then click the green "subscribe" button to obtain the map. (Last update 1-2-19)

The 2v2 tournament that was hosted by Relic and SEGA was the main driver in changing this map as it certainly can be better than its current state, these improvements do just that. If you have any feedback please post it in this forum, as well as the links to the replays. The replays you post are very valuable and are greatly appreciated. If you need players please feel free to message me on steam.

The changes below are meant to further balance the map, improve flow, and create new avenues of approach throughout the central area of the map. Please see below.

16 Dec 2018, 16:50 PM

Permanently Banned
I want play this but no friends
16 Dec 2018, 17:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I want play this but no friends

i be u r frend :)
16 Dec 2018, 18:29 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Created steam group for people who are interested in grouping up and testing. Cheers https://steamcommunity.com/groups/AODV2
16 Dec 2018, 19:11 PM
16 Dec 2018, 21:03 PM

First off congrats on having AOD in the latest 2v2 tourney! Great to see new maps getting work.

When this map was first introduced it was feared that the open middle with green cover trenches would make this an axis favoured map. Long range and lots of cover.

However, the few times I have played it, I found allies actually do very well. The industrial side is mostly close combat situations which are good for allies. And the areas just outside each base are full of sight blockers which let allied blobs move thru and rek stationary axis play.

AXIS PLAY
OST needs to get control of the middle and left side of the map. OKW has an easier time adjusting to the situations presented. Sturms for industrial area/sight blocker flanks or volks for left side open area and middle.

ALLIED PLAY
Blob, smoke, and flank. Maybe grenades to dislodge units in buildings. If OST gets embedded in middle a sniper works great.

I am sure you have watched way more games on this map than I have, so, these are just quick observations.

NEW CHANGES
I think this map works well because the way it changes from base to base. Close quarters -> open -> close quarters. And how it changes from VP to VP. Industrial - > open -> medium range cottages. It gives most factions a decent chance to pick their battles.

After all the backlash I received about sight blocks on Angoville, I would be hesitant to add sight blocks to AOD. I think the very center sight blocks may be a decent change but I would not add these two sight blockers by the industrial area.

The industrial area is already allied territory, adding these blocks may really shift the balance by making this area too much like a maze. OST may struggle here.

I hope all that makes sense :)

So when do we see the VapeNation AOD test streams? :hyper:
16 Dec 2018, 23:08 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Thanks for the feedback Ros, did you play any games w ppl on the new version? I only ask because if you did I would love to have the replays, thanks man!

me and trux have been talking about restarting the vapenation grudge matches again ;)
17 Dec 2018, 05:58 AM

I'm not great at the game, but I'll do my best to help!
17 Dec 2018, 13:04 PM

i am against adding new opening in wall on right side with 3 buildings. I think this wall gives additional micro/ meta game with sneaky attack or throwing hard to dodge grenades or sneaky crush with tanks.
20 Dec 2018, 13:44 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Thanks for the feedback everyone, oddly this thread has 623 views but no replays posted yet ;)
23 Dec 2018, 05:46 AM

Replay Submission
Sturmtiger N.W.F & Fortune

vs

WhiteFlash & KpenBugSpaltMcGee

kpen + WhiteFlash vs Fortune & Sturmtiger N.W.Fresh Replay
23 Dec 2018, 15:42 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

23 Dec 2018, 18:43 PM

Can we remove the snowfall effect? Late game on this map fucks with my comp and I don't know what else could be causing it. I have little problems on other ones
24 Dec 2018, 08:54 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Can we remove the snowfall effect? Late game on this map fucks with my comp and I don't know what else could be causing it. I have little problems on other ones

What settings are you running? Could I get a screenshot? I think I know what is causing your issue.
24 Dec 2018, 16:43 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Thanks for handling that one Tric <444>3, sorry Sky dont think I could remove that effect given the positive atmosphere that it imparts on the map.
25 Dec 2018, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2018, 08:54 AMTric

What settings are you running? Could I get a screenshot? I think I know what is causing your issue.

Lowest possible except resolution. My comp has weird issues with this game in general but usually they are not performance related. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if it never gets solved, but I appreciate the effort.

I can post a screenshot in a couple days. Away from home for the holidays
25 Dec 2018, 03:40 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Lowest possible except resolution. My comp has weird issues with this game in general but usually they are not performance related. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if it never gets solved, but I appreciate the effort.

I can post a screenshot in a couple days. Away from home for the holidays

Lowest settings actually cause more performance issues than mid tier ones. This is due to the way textures are packaged in the game, this includes how snow/rain is rendered. When you send me the screen let's run a test seeing if it fixes your issues. In the mean time have a happy holiday!
25 Dec 2018, 04:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2018, 03:40 AMTric

In the mean time have a happy holiday!

You as well!
1 Jan 2019, 15:13 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

New changes to AOD V2

14 Jan 2019, 09:17 AM

That small opening is fine :). It won't give full vision of what is behind
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10