Login

russian armor

first 5 units.

14 Dec 2018, 23:20 PM

for the real ones who play brits what are your usual first 5 units. obviously subjective and often reactionary but in a perfect game.
14 Dec 2018, 23:28 PM

against OKW: 3 IS into tech into sniper into AEC.
against OST: 4 IS into tech into MG into engis (or AEC if i see an LV).
15 Dec 2018, 00:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 23:28 PMSyraw
against OKW: 3 IS into tech into sniper into AEC.
against OST: 4 IS into tech into MG into engis (or AEC if i see an LV).
you dont get a proactive at? i feel like when i get reactive AT I straight lose the game because of that lol
15 Dec 2018, 01:00 AM

I think AEC comes early enough if you have average fuel control and offers a more mobile anti vehicles option. if i see double panzer 2 or triple 222 or if i smell a puma coming i get the AT to support the AEC.
one situation i feel when AT is better than AEC is against flak halftrack, since the flak HT needs to be immobile to fire, giving your AT the chance to return fire.
15 Dec 2018, 04:37 AM

I tend to go a bit of a different approach. I like to start off with only a vickers and uc and additional section then tech up and get a sniper (good garrison/team weapon counter in lieu of not having mortars) then go for AEC ASAP, which tends to come just fast enough to counter light vehicles. The reason I don't build that many sections is mostly so I can have a lot of midgame manpower to spend on commandos and still get other stuff like at guns or an extra sapper. I find commandos generally perform a lot better and are more efficient than tommies and can be absolutely brutal when micro'd right. That's really the only reason I ever even play brits and I might just be switching over to ost now anyway because stormtroopers are pretty much the same thing now but in an overall more playable faction tbh.
17 Dec 2018, 17:30 PM

I tend to go a bit of a different approach. I like to start off with only a vickers and uc and additional section then tech up and get a sniper (good garrison/team weapon counter in lieu of not having mortars) then go for AEC ASAP, which tends to come just fast enough to counter light vehicles. The reason I don't build that many sections is mostly so I can have a lot of midgame manpower to spend on commandos and still get other stuff like at guns or an extra sapper. I find commandos generally perform a lot better and are more efficient than tommies and can be absolutely brutal when micro'd right. That's really the only reason I ever even play brits and I might just be switching over to ost now anyway because stormtroopers are pretty much the same thing now but in an overall more playable faction tbh.
you actually play a lot like how I do (probably not saying much as you can only play a few ways lol but I feel brits more flexible) the point to commandos though is honestly true. 2 commandos and 2 Is usually enough to cover the infantry end. but you dont go mortar pit at all? thats crazy
17 Dec 2018, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 01:00 AMSyraw
I think AEC comes early enough if you have average fuel control and offers a more mobile anti vehicles option. if i see double panzer 2 or triple 222 or if i smell a puma coming i get the AT to support the AEC.
one situation i feel when AT is better than AEC is against flak halftrack, since the flak HT needs to be immobile to fire, giving your AT the chance to return fire.
have u ever you skipped the aec and rushing to centaur since it deals with blobs and LV, engineers heat grenades and at gun could hold you until then.
17 Dec 2018, 18:18 PM

to be honest I never built the centaur in a 1v1. I prefere generalist tanks instead of specialized ones.

But i think the point you raised is valid. one time i was playing Jeager infantry with ostheer and my opponent did rush a centaur to counter my heavy infantry play. It was very effective for him.

altought I would agree that skiping AEC might be good sometimes, I strongly recommend never skipping the AEC tech. this way if you are caught of guard with an axis LV you can call AEC fast enough.
18 Dec 2018, 11:30 AM

Two AT guns into centaur can definitely work, can be very tricky and map dependant, but now with snare I'd expect it has even more potential.
20 Dec 2018, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2018, 18:18 PMSyraw
to be honest I never built the centaur in a 1v1. I prefere generalist tanks instead of specialized ones.

But i think the point you raised is valid. one time i was playing Jeager infantry with ostheer and my opponent did rush a centaur to counter my heavy infantry play. It was very effective for him.

altought I would agree that skiping AEC might be good sometimes, I strongly recommend never skipping the AEC tech. this way if you are caught of guard with an axis LV you can call AEC fast enough.
honestly lately ive been playing without aec and im only rank 7-8 but i can tell when I play better people, those people are the only time when playing without aec hurts cause they make sure an lv is there to harass by 5:30. i guess the less skilled or different playstyles got me gassed lol. though i try to do everything in my power to play without aec. i hate the unit.
3 Jan 2019, 07:34 AM

I almost always go MG -> Infantry -> mills bombs -> MG -> Upgrade -> Engineer -> 6 pounder.

With the new tank snare on the engines I am able to snare and pound the half tracks right as they arrive. And the MGs help me hold those points early, my biggest problem with this build though is mortars. Also something to note is that usually I rarely have more than 2 infantry on the field at a time, I don't get a third until I can equip all 3 with bren guns.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
3 Jan 2019, 09:39 AM

Not too good at the game, but this is my Build Order:

IS, UC, Vickers, base upgrade, RE, IS, then whatever I feel like I need.

The UC is meant to just be my sniper, constantly bleeding enemy MP while I lose no MP since I can repair any damage. It either ends well with 50 kills and survives into the end of the game, or gets triple fausted because I am retarded :p
21 Feb 2019, 21:11 PM

Currently my build order is the folowing:

Starting IS > IS > IS > IS > Squad Upgrade > T2 > AT Gun > Sappers > Weapon Upgrade > T3 > Firefly

Important here is to plant a lot of mines as you have to damage their engine to allow the AT gun to finish them.

The key here is unit preservation. Upgraded Vet 3 Infantry Sections are monsters and rip apart all Axis inf if you manage to build good sandbag positions. Also with 4 vetted IS you don't need any medium Anti Infantry tank like Cromwells or Centaurs.
21 Feb 2019, 21:27 PM

Which mode? 1v1?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight