Login

russian armor

Ranger, BAR's or Tompsons?

13 Dec 2018, 20:52 PM

No one has even mentioned the weapon drop potential is super high when you have 3 bars equipped.

I don't like putting even 1 BAR on Tommy rangers for that reason. Am I wrong or do the tommys ovverride the BAR when one guy dies? So everytime you lose the BAR carrier it rolls the drop chance
13 Dec 2018, 21:09 PM

I don't like putting even 1 BAR on Tommy rangers for that reason. Am I wrong or do the tommys ovverride the BAR when one guy dies? So everytime you lose the BAR carrier it rolls the drop chance

Pretty much, yeah. A guy with a "squad weapon" won't put it away to use a different "squad weapon", and if no-one else in the squad has a default weapon equipped, it rolls for drop chance.

In my mod, I changed the Rangers' loadout a bit to get around this problem. they have improved Garands by default, and upgrade to 2 Thompsons and 1 M2 Carbine, which fires much faster than normal.
It bugs me how similar Rangers and Paratroopers are.
13 Dec 2018, 21:17 PM

No one has even mentioned the weapon drop potential is super high when you have 3 bars equipped.

well actually.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 18:13 PMVipper

Keep in mind Ranger will start dropping weapons if they have all slots taken after losing 2 models.

we are probably saying the same thing but I will say a bit different:
If a squad has no weapons slot left there will be a a chance to drop a weapon each time all other member already have a weapon equipped.

3 Bar rangers will have a chance of dropping weapons when they are down to 3 entities.

(as far as i can remember)

13 Dec 2018, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 21:17 PMVipper

If a squad has no weapons slot left there will be a a chance to drop a weapon each time all other member already have a weapon equipped.

Right I just wasn't sure if Tommys got overridden when merged with other slot weapons since they cant be dropped.
13 Dec 2018, 21:57 PM

I get Thompsons every time. I’d personally rather have a squad that shreds up close than one that performs fairly well at all ranges by comparison, especially when literally every other squad I have does the latter rather than the former. Something about rangers with Thompsons is somehow a lot more forceful and intimidating than any number of rifles with BARs IMO, and they make a great flanking unit with Thompsons. As an added bonus it’s half the cost of 3 BARs and they won’t drop them every other model loss, and they’re just super satisfying.
13 Dec 2018, 22:23 PM

Right I just wasn't sure if Tommys got overridden when merged with other slot weapons since they cant be dropped.

Bar does not override Thompson.

Ranger +1 BAR (or other weapon) +4 Thompson will roll to drop when they lose the entity carrying the weapon

Ranger +3 BAR will roll to drop a bar when they lose their are bellow 3 entities

(as far as I can remember)
13 Dec 2018, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 22:23 PMVipper

Ranger +1 BAR (or other weapon) +4 Thompson will roll to drop when they lose the entity carrying the weapon

Ranger +3 BAR will roll to drop a bar when they lose their are bellow 3 entities

Yeah, Im pretty sure the Bar+Thompsons acts like the old Bren+Scoped Lee for Tommies.

I personally have done Bar+Thompson and don't notice enough of a difference when compared to just Thompsons. Probably not worth the risk of dropping the BAR imo.
14 Dec 2018, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 22:23 PMVipper

Yup I got that in your last post. I worded that poorly I was explaining my initial confusion

I personally have done Bar+Thompson and don't notice enough of a difference when compared to just Thompsons. Probably not worth the risk of dropping the BAR imo.

I agree I don't think its worth the risk at all. You'll always be charging right up to the enemy with them, so you might be special delivering early christmas presents
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★