Login

russian armor

Anti Tank Overwatch feedback

21 Dec 2018, 19:57 PM

NVM, no longer relevant since it got fixed/changed.
21 Dec 2018, 20:02 PM

AT Overwatch was just changed in the hotfix so it does less damage to superheavies. Medium tanks should be able to use their speed to get out of the circle before getting destroyed.
21 Dec 2018, 21:46 PM

I think it will still be strong, but not on it's own, it's gonna need to be used as part of an attack now.
21 Dec 2018, 23:18 PM

I think it will still be strong, but not on it's own, it's gonna need to be used as part of an attack now.

That's the idea behind it yes, to act as a force multiplier rather than a panic or Iwin button.
28 Dec 2018, 11:42 AM

I think its okay atm. Only thing i would change is speed the shell start to drop. one match i played flares were barely even dropped before shells started to land. I think it needs small revup time before it starts to ramp up the speed.
29 Dec 2018, 23:54 PM

I think it got overnefed. It was way too strong before, but this vid from reddit kind of shows the point.

IMO, just make it a literally 1-to-1 copy of Zeroing Arty that only targets tanks. Done.

https://streamable.com/mxavo
29 Dec 2018, 23:58 PM

I think it is fine, assuming that:

A) AT overwatch's circle is still larger than zeroing arty
B) AT overwatch is still cheaper than zeroing arty
30 Dec 2018, 00:14 AM

I think it got overnefed. It was way too strong before, but this vid from reddit kind of shows the point.

https://streamable.com/mxavo

It was reworked so it would act as a force multiplier (to be used in synergy with a tank push or a defense) that is cheaper than skill planes but also does a bit less damage, rather than it doing massive damage on its own.

The video shows it does exactly that. If you had thrown in two SU-85s there, all those tanks would've been dead before they could exit the circle. TBH I think you also happened to get pretty bad RNG scatter in the test.

Zeroing arty is 100 (!) munitions more expensive and doesn't track as well so that's a pretty unfair comparison. It gives plenty of time to GTFO as opposed to the AT Overwatch which starts landing shells almost instantly. Overwatch also has a much broader circle.

30 Dec 2018, 01:54 AM

It's definitely not landing instantly anymore, there's at least a 5 second delay.

The biggest issue is that AT overwatch will mostly not penetrate, which means it at most does some slight damage with no focusing. Zeroing penetrates always, since it's fully artillery.

I think raising the damage from 60 to 90 (with the 50% deflection) would help a lot, and still not guarantee it wiping tanks left and right if there's more than 1 target.

I don't think raising the price from 200 muni to 250 muni would be an issue since it would be worth it more.

Anyway, as of now it's just not worth using. Those are "ideal" test environments (and I didn't do the test tbh, it was a video on reddit), and in actual game environments you only get the first 3 or so hits unless your opponent is not paying attention at all.
30 Dec 2018, 11:00 AM

It was reworked so it would act as a force multiplier (to be used in synergy with a tank push or a defense) that is cheaper than skill planes but also does a bit less damage, rather than it doing massive damage on its own.

The video shows it does exactly that. If you had thrown in two SU-85s there, all those tanks would've been dead before they could exit the circle. TBH I think you also happened to get pretty bad RNG scatter in the test.

Zeroing arty is 100 (!) munitions more expensive and doesn't track as well so that's a pretty unfair comparison. It gives plenty of time to GTFO as opposed to the AT Overwatch which starts landing shells almost instantly. Overwatch also has a much broader circle.

Zeroing kills everything if you failed to GTFO instantly out of circle
Overwatch tickles tanks while they stay in circle and it only targets tanks

Cant say if you're dumb or biased here but it's again waste of munitions in a current state
30 Dec 2018, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 11:00 AMKirrik

Zeroing kills everything if you failed to GTFO instantly out of circle
Overwatch tickles tanks while they stay in circle and it only targets tanks

Cant say if you're dumb or biased here but it's again waste of munitions in a current state

No it does not, you description of zeroing artillery is simply wrong.

Zeroing artillery's rate for fire becomes faster when the units stay inside the circle and one has vision on them. That is why it is ideal vs emplacements, provided one has LOS.

The abilities serve different purpose and have different cost. The comparison is rather flawed also.
30 Dec 2018, 11:39 AM

The biggest issue is that AT overwatch will mostly not penetrate, which means it at most does some slight damage with no focusing. Zeroing penetrates always, since it's fully artillery

It was given a penetration of 260, which has a 100% chance to penetrate all medium tanks (except vet 2 Panther and Brummbar). It was designed so it wouldn't do as much damage to slow super heavy tanks (KT, JT, etc.) anymore while still being deadly to mediums. And it still does quite a lot to heavies because of deflection damage and rear armor hits.
30 Dec 2018, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 11:26 AMVipper

No it does not, you description of zeroing artillery is simply wrong.

Zeroing artillery's rate for fire becomes faster when the units stay inside the circle and one has vision on them. That is why it is ideal vs emplacements, provided one has LOS.

The abilities serve different purpose and have different cost. The comparison is rather flawed also.

Infantry dies instantly when shells start landing unless you move out
Emplacements cant escape and die eventually
Tanks also get destroyed if they stay and keep firing
300 munition cost

Axis heavy tanks get scratched a bit and mediums die after 40 seconds of standing still
200 munitions

Seems balanced.
30 Dec 2018, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 12:11 PMKirrik

Infantry dies instantly when shells start landing unless you move out
Emplacements cant escape and die eventually
Tanks also get destroyed if they stay and keep firing
300 munition cost

Axis heavy tanks get scratched a bit and mediums die after 40 seconds of standing still
200 munitions

Seems balanced.

You describe the ability as:

"Zeroing kills everything if you failed to GTFO instantly out of circle" and that simply false.

I suggest you test the ability in game or with cheat mode and see how much it take it for shell to start landing and how effective it is against anything that it is not emplacement and can move.

And again both abilities serve different purpose do not compare them, pls move on.

30 Dec 2018, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 12:11 PMKirrik
Seems balanced.

It's not nearly as imbalanced as you make it out to be. First of all the difference between 200 and 300 munitions is very significant. It is supposed to be much less deadly. Second of all the zeroing artillery is not as effective against moving units as you make it out to be. The ability needs a long time to start ramping up which gives units plenty of time to run away.

Third: in several tests we conducted with AT Overwatch, mediums lose about 50-80% and heavies (except JT) about 50% of their HP before they can exit the Overwatch circle as long as they keep being spotted.
30 Dec 2018, 12:31 PM

It's not nearly as imbalanced as you make it out to be. First of all the difference between 200 and 300 munitions is very significant. Second of all the zeroing artillery is not as effective against moving units as you make it out to be.

Third: in several tests we conducted with AT Overwatch, mediums can lose about 50-80% and heavies (except JT) about 50% of their HP before they can exit the Overwatch circle as long as they keep being spotted.

AT Overwatch targets only vehicles, for 200 muni you'd expect to be deadly especially when rest of doctrine is lackluster.
30 Dec 2018, 12:34 PM

I think you have a pretty distorded view of what abilities should do then, as the AT Overwatch is just as effective (and more deadly on the first strike) in area denial and force multiplier as the other AT strafes while being cheaper.
30 Dec 2018, 12:39 PM

I think you have a pretty distorded view of what abilities should do then, as the AT Overwatch is just as effective (and more deadly on the first strike) in area denial and force multiplier as the other AT strafes while being cheaper.

Stop this force multiplier meme already. That thing barely kills vet 0 jagdpanzer during full duration. One pass of Ost AT strafe is more impactful than current joke of ability since it actually kills stuff
30 Dec 2018, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 12:39 PMKirrik

Stop this force multiplier meme already. That thing barely kills vet 0 jagdpanzer during full duration. One pass of Ost AT strafe is more impactful than current joke of ability since it actually kills stuff

Ostheer AT strafe can be counter by single quad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★