Login

russian armor

Before the patch goes live...

9 Dec 2018, 21:24 PM

Wouldn't it make sense to also make the recon support pathfinders available at 0cp? They're literally jsut weaker, slightly cheaper pathfinders and it would probably give a bit more flexibility to recon support as well. While the unit is being looked at too, the arty should probably be locked behind cp as well. IMO there's really no reason for it to be available immediately when no other arty really is, and it should probably be locked to whatever other doctrinal, basic arty strikes like the ostheer light arty barrage are in terms of cp.
9 Dec 2018, 22:20 PM

There's also this issue with the paratrooper support squad bazookas:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/82369/paratrooper-support-squad-problem

Easiest fix would be to give them the same type of camo that vet3 pathfinders and ambush camo ostheer infantry have. I don't really see a problem with it if grens (with fausts) can have that type of camo, as well as double schrecked pgrens, and it would make the intended camo bonus work much more consistently than it does now.
10 Dec 2018, 15:08 PM

Yes, IMHO, pathfinders right now have no role whatsoever and i can't see that being improved with better elite infantry options and 2 officers strats possibility.
10 Dec 2018, 18:20 PM

pathfinders are good at scouting MG location. I have a friend who use them to great effect like that. stop trying to turn them into some sort of gren like squad
10 Dec 2018, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2018, 18:20 PMSyraw
pathfinders are good at scouting MG location. I have a friend who use them to great effect like that. stop trying to turn them into some sort of gren like squad

Look pal, if I wanted my scout recon squad to do scouting and recon I'd build a scout recon squad! Oh wait.....

But for real, 0cp makes sense.
10 Dec 2018, 21:42 PM

Wouldn't it make sense to also make the recon support pathfinders available at 0cp?

But for real, 0cp makes sense.

Actually, it does not make sense. The normal Pathfinders can be at 0CP because they have 2x snipers. Strong at long range, but they can be countered 1v1 by Grens charging into low-mid range because as soon as they drop two models they are left with the 2x snipers with no DPS at close range.

The IR Pathfinders however have 3x airborne carbine and 1x sniper and they destroy a charging Gren squad. This would put way too much pressure on Ostheer's early game because they can also scout the MG42. The IR PF could not be at 0cp unless their stock weapons profile is completely reworked.
10 Dec 2018, 22:05 PM

Actually, it does not make sense. The normal Pathfinders can be at 0CP because they have 2x snipers. Strong at long range, but they can be countered 1v1 by Grens charging into low-mid range because as soon as they drop two models they are left with the 2x snipers with no DPS at close range.

The IR Pathfinders however have 3x airborne carbine and 1x sniper and they destroy a charging Gren squad. This would put way too much pressure on Ostheer's early game because they can also scout the MG42. The IR PF could not be at 0cp unless their stock weapons profile is completely reworked.

Give them RE carbines and a sniper. Problem solved. Muni upgrade into the better ones or tied to vet. Hell better yet, tie it to the weapon racks so it offers a power spike alternative to delayed teching.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★