Login

russian armor

For balance Axis really needs demo or satchel.

30 Nov 2018, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2018, 19:41 PMGrumpy

There was a time when some of the Axis grenades destroyed buildings. It was nerfed out and shouldn't come back.

I did a little testing and found that Pio's can burn down most buildings in 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. At some point, the building starts burning and the engineer doesn't have to attack it anymore. Buffing the flame damage to a building so that it only takes 45 seconds to one minute to start on fire would be fine. As a counter, make it so that if an engineer starts repairing before it burns down then the flames would get put out.

I think my problem with this, and a lot of the other threads, is the premise that if any of the allied faction has something, then all axis need it. USF doesn't get non-doctrinal flamers, advanced medium tanks, a heavy tank, rocket arty (and even the one doctrinal was nerfed into uselessness), non-doc elite infantry, a super TD (doctrinal or not), etc, etc.

==========
- They want everything allies have, especially the ability to pop out of tanks,
and repair them via tank crew :) - And scope - And smoke popping - and Flag capture.
Dual BAR/BREN.
- But mirror stat factions are not acceptable.
... But god forbid allies have anything axis have. Like LMG42 upgrade free, without needing
weapon racks to run back to. Also, LMG42 is stronger than either BAR or BREN.
So two of those... They also want 5x men squads on Grenadier.

They already have double Panzershrek upgrades (for cheaper!) compared to dual Bazookas.
(100 muni, no tech cost) vs (120 muni, has fuel tech cost - and is weaker).

They don't want balance. Because then, Allies would need access to Axis toys too.
(Katyusha that fires 16x rockets tightly grouped, with huge AOE of Stuka HT) - It having free MG
and being tougher than a delicate kleenex.

30 Nov 2018, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 04:09 AMThamor

I agree it going weird direction. Still my original point stands that neither axis faction has one click wonder building destruction ability and need micro + time to destroy uncontested building. Are people really saying they would spend over 1 minute flaming building while you are constantly fighting in that area.

dude. Goliath.
nuff said
30 Nov 2018, 14:50 PM

Would you expect anything else from the title? This are the kind of post which helps you reinforce your opinion about they type of bias each people have here.

Allies/Axis OP, they have X so we need it for balance. You can have X if you give us Y. The only interesting thing i saw here is discussing the mechanics regarding putting a building in flames. Which should accomplish similar results.

For example: you could reduce the time to set aflame a building to half but reduce in a similar fashion the damage it deals to the building itself so the end result is the same. Only now you wouldn't need to waste so much time in order for the building to catch on fire.

==================

Seriously, thank you.
I couldn't have said it better :D

+1
1 Dec 2018, 06:21 AM

Would you expect anything else from the title? This are the kind of post which helps you reinforce your opinion about they type of bias each people have here.

Allies/Axis OP, they have X so we need it for balance. You can have X if you give us Y. The only interesting thing i saw here is discussing the mechanics regarding putting a building in flames. Which should accomplish similar results.

For example: you could reduce the time to set aflame a building to half but reduce in a similar fashion the damage it deals to the building itself so the end result is the same. Only now you wouldn't need to waste so much time in order for the building to catch on fire.

I'm actually surprised flamers don't have some vet or muni based ability with a cooldown that does high structure damage (but low damage to units).

In the campaign there's some 'flame strike' ability that I figured was just ad-hoc'd for that specific mission, but why not borrow from that concept and give a "scorched earth" ability that turns them into a building destroyer (maybe double flame damage to buildings but do tiny damage to any infantry in it)?
16 Dec 2018, 16:03 PM

Can someone else offer strategically beneficial reasons to why axis need demos? Something not brit mg related :o
16 Dec 2018, 16:13 PM

==========
- They want everything allies have, especially the ability to pop out of tanks,
and repair them via tank crew :) - And scope - And smoke popping - and Flag capture.
Dual BAR/BREN.
- But mirror stat factions are not acceptable.
... But god forbid allies have anything axis have. Like LMG42 upgrade free, without needing
weapon racks to run back to. Also, LMG42 is stronger than either BAR or BREN.
So two of those... They also want 5x men squads on Grenadier.

They already have double Panzershrek upgrades (for cheaper!) compared to dual Bazookas.
(100 muni, no tech cost) vs (120 muni, has fuel tech cost - and is weaker).

They don't want balance. Because then, Allies would need access to Axis toys too.
(Katyusha that fires 16x rockets tightly grouped, with huge AOE of Stuka HT) - It having free MG
and being tougher than a delicate kleenex.

I remember a while ago reading a post about how "hard it is" to play axis as they were "fighting an uphill battle"-personally just think they were too careless with their inft.

But to the point, i rarely see a cry for balance on these types of threads,(regardless of faction,but is usually axis-just an observation) and usually only see "i want it because they have it" mentality and adding no real strategic purpose to whatever it is they are saying they want.

If you want something another faction has, you have to be ready to compensate for the change, otherwise the games delicate balance will become tilted one way. I.e If you want demos on wher for a stronger early game, you have to give another faction (say USF) access to a non-doctrinal unit or ability for a more viable late game, as youve picked up an advantage to the early game. You cannot have it both ways. Besides, ive said it before- i dont see a real advantage to axis destroying something as important and advantageous to their early game.

Forgive me if im wrong, but no matter how i look at it, all im seeing is axis wanting things in the name of balance, whilst not actually offering anything for the other factions.
Axis units are elite, and specialized. They are not supposed to be as versatile as say, their allied counterparts and it is exactly that what separates them from their counterlarts. That building you want to satchel does not need to come down, but needs to be dislodged and occupied for the maximum advantage that your faction can solidly use more so than others.

Wehr are not fronliners, which is why their units (aside from pgren) mostly have a huge range(like 42s) and abilities to support them.
Leave the fronlining to russians, and their suicide squads.
20 Dec 2018, 13:54 PM

20 Dec 2018, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 00:39 AMThamor
Sure thing when axis can upgrade both weapon slot upgrades.

yes like no brainer activate on the field with out having to dick with weapon racks sucks.
20 Dec 2018, 23:20 PM

This is how okw always got there way and get the silly shit they have now.

We need heavy arty even tho we have non doct stuka that does almost the same thing because other factions have it and I need it for dealing with brit emplacements. Brit emplacements heavily nerfed or useless basicly okw keeps lefh and now ADDED to another commander lmao. Not to mention they have things other factions dont that also have heavy arty like defensive trucks, and commanders with bunkers and lefh.

We need a medium tank every other faction has one, poof p4 one of the best mediums in the game.

We have problems clearing garrisons even though every other faction does too besides soviets, poof okw flame nades that do way more than just clear garrisons.

We cant deal with blobs (when in fact they are the best notorious faction for blobbing), poof mg34

Then completely raise hell at thing like when usf gets say a mortar.

Just give them satchels so they can one shot paper allied mediums, and also a sniper make sure it has body armor like whers sniper and can crit vehicles like brits. Make sure though you dont give allies an mg that pens multiple squads quickly, a light tank that has the same ability as IR HT
21 Dec 2018, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 00:39 AMThamor
Sure thing when axis can upgrade both weapon slot upgrades.

sure when the allies get a decent machinegun
23 Dec 2018, 20:09 PM
23 Dec 2018, 20:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised multiple posts for being unrealisticly offtopic. Try and keep your suggestions to viable things used in the ww2 era, not a Leopard tank
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★