Login

russian armor

For balance Axis really needs demo or satchel.

23 Nov 2018, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 08:20 AMNaOCl
Also, why no soviet buildable bunkers? Let the ones in base sector be buildable.

I can give you bunkers if you give axis satchels.
23 Nov 2018, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 08:20 AMNaOCl

Fighting position getting killed by small arms fire is stupid, but then maybe flame nades should do more dmg to constructed structures so OKW has a tool to take them down with inf, same as other factions?

Also, why no soviet buildable bunkers? Let the ones in base sector be buildable.

Flame nades do fucking swell enough as it is.
23 Nov 2018, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 09:33 AMThamor

2/3 of allies don’t have satchels (or nondoc demos). They’re not mandatory for destroying bunkers; not that allied necessarily even need bunkers. This thread is getting so weird.
24 Nov 2018, 02:14 AM

What part of “can withstand small arms” was missed there? It gets penned by small arms 100% more than the bunker and okw trucks do (actually 100% more than 0 is still 0 so that’s not even technically true but you get the point I hope).

Fighting pits withstand small arms to a large degree, armour or no.
24 Nov 2018, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This thread is getting so weird.

Would you expect anything else from the title? This are the kind of post which helps you reinforce your opinion about they type of bias each people have here.

Allies/Axis OP, they have X so we need it for balance. You can have X if you give us Y. The only interesting thing i saw here is discussing the mechanics regarding putting a building in flames. Which should accomplish similar results.

For example: you could reduce the time to set aflame a building to half but reduce in a similar fashion the damage it deals to the building itself so the end result is the same. Only now you wouldn't need to waste so much time in order for the building to catch on fire.
24 Nov 2018, 04:09 AM

Would you expect anything else from the title? This are the kind of post which helps you reinforce your opinion about they type of bias each people have here.

Allies/Axis OP, they have X so we need it for balance. You can have X if you give us Y. The only interesting thing i saw here is discussing the mechanics regarding putting a building in flames. Which should accomplish similar results.

For example: you could reduce the time to set aflame a building to half but reduce in a similar fashion the damage it deals to the building itself so the end result is the same. Only now you wouldn't need to waste so much time in order for the building to catch on fire.

I agree it going weird direction. Still my original point stands that neither axis faction has one click wonder building destruction ability and need micro + time to destroy uncontested building. Are people really saying they would spend over 1 minute flaming building while you are constantly fighting in that area.
24 Nov 2018, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 04:09 AMThamor

I agree it going weird direction. Still my original point stands that neither axis faction has one click wonder building destruction ability and need micro + time to destroy uncontested building. Are people really saying they would spend over 1 minute flaming building while you are constantly fighting in that area.

I have seen it done in game, specifically the station building in Ettlebruck (sp?). IIRC, the other side was getting units in there and punishing us with mortar pits and other indirect. In that case, it was worth burning down, just took a Pio some time to do it. Also, demos don't take a building like that down instantly. It would probably take almost as long and cost 180-240 munitions.
24 Nov 2018, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 05:17 AMGrumpy

I have seen it done in game, specifically the station building in Ettlebruck (sp?). IIRC, the other side was getting units in there and punishing us with mortar pits and other indirect. In that case, it was worth burning down, just took a Pio some time to do it. Also, demos don't take a building like that down instantly. It would probably take almost as long and cost 180-240 munitions.

I mean of course you do it as you have no other options. How many times you have seen allies doing it? When they can just free arty from brits or soviet satchel destroy them.
24 Nov 2018, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 06:29 AMThamor

I mean of course you do it as you have no other options. How many times you have seen allies doing it? When they can just free arty from brits or soviet satchel destroy them.

How do you get free arty as the brits? I always have to upgrade my Tommy or get a sniper then use munitions to get arty. Or do you mean free as in always have access to not free as in "you teched up like all factions do, have a new squad of infantry" free.

Because if THAT'S the case, Ost has free scouting on their pios (something no other faction has) and okw has free salvage that can destroy crew weapons, something no other faction can do (you could try your exploit for the ukf and call your free arty in on it and hope for the best I suppose)

Seems all factions have unique aspects! Soviet are particularly good at fucking up garrisons.
24 Nov 2018, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 06:29 AMThamor

When I play allies, I usually play USF and have no free arty or flamers. I'd gladly let Ost and OKW have demos in exchange for a non-doctrinal Easy 8 (which still isn't as good as a Panther) or having the Pershing be unlocked after unlocking all the tiers. Compared to what USF is missing, demo's seem like a pretty short list.
24 Nov 2018, 09:09 AM

How do you get free arty as the brits? I always have to upgrade my Tommy or get a sniper then use munitions to get arty. Or do you mean free as in always have access to not free as in "you teched up like all factions do, have a new squad of infantry" free.

Because if THAT'S the case, Ost has free scouting on their pios (something no other faction has) and okw has free salvage that can destroy crew weapons, something no other faction can do (you could try your exploit for the ukf and call your free arty in on it and hope for the best I suppose)

Seems all factions have unique aspects! Soviet are particularly good at fucking up garrisons.

Nice reply to derail the point here even more. If we go route of what the other have and the other doesn't nothing is resolved ever =)
24 Nov 2018, 09:11 AM

Fighting pits withstand small arms to a large degree, armour or no.

They go down reasonably fast to STGs. As in, you don't need actual AT weapons to take them down, if you're capping say fuel point and there is a FP on it, it'll go down by the end of cap or shortly after.
24 Nov 2018, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2018, 09:33 AMThamor

Not needed, just make fausts or rifle grenade/flame grenade do more dmg to bunkers.
So both have tools
24 Nov 2018, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 09:09 AMThamor

Nice reply to derail the point here even more. If we go route of what the other have and the other doesn't nothing is resolved ever =)

Being able to destroy garrisons is a perk of playing some of the factions, other factions have other perks. Okw has more automatic weapons than any other faction, usf have a boat load of smoke... Everyone has something and nobody has everything. Some factions are weaker is some areas. Some stronger. There is no reason Axis needs to be able to destroy garrisons in a snap when they are already incredibly gifted at clearing the garrisons out. You can't have it all.
24 Nov 2018, 13:35 PM

Indirect fire could stand to do more damage to garrisons. A minute of mortar attack ground should be able to fell most of them.
24 Nov 2018, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 13:35 PMLago
Indirect fire could stand to do more damage to garrisons. A minute of mortar attack ground should be able to fell most of them.

But mortars deal massive damage to units in garrison, its completely not needed and they serve the job of clearing garrisons very well.
24 Nov 2018, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 09:31 AMNaOCl

Not needed, just make fausts or rifle grenade/flame grenade do more dmg to bunkers.
So both have tools

So you would rather spend 60-90 ammunition to destroy bunker compared to 45 easy win single click satchel that wipe bunkers & buildings?
24 Nov 2018, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2018, 16:17 PMKatitof
But mortars deal massive damage to units in garrison, its completely not needed and they serve the job of clearing garrisons very well.

They do. I just want to flatten the awful things, so I'd like it if mortars and maybe flamers were much more destructive to the building itself. Soviet T1 is immensely satisfying, but I'd like to be able to do it with the other factions too.

But my 1v1 veto list is Arnhem, Angoville and Lost Glider, so my biases are quite obvious here.
25 Nov 2018, 16:33 PM

Because building orientation and usefulness is asymmetrical in some maps. Buildings are capable of benefiting one side more than the other.

Moot point, you can still benefit more as axis on any house at any point.

What the heck...

ever heard of brits?

who the hell play brits in 1v1? Kappa
vs brits you can always use snipers or leigs to clear houses.

Also, when everything fails, you can always smoke houses, they will be useless for 30 seconds, more than enough time to maneuver around it, and all factions have access to smokes.
26 Nov 2018, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2018, 16:33 PMzerocoh

Moot point, you can still benefit more as axis on any house at any point.

who the hell play brits in 1v1? Kappa
vs brits you can always use snipers or leigs to clear houses.

Also, when everything fails, you can always smoke houses, they will be useless for 30 seconds, more than enough time to maneuver around it, and all factions have access to smokes.

Also it's not like brits are renowned for their garrison clearance options (litearlly just sniper, and the slowest in the game at that) in 1v1s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★