Login

russian armor

120 mm mortar

20 Nov 2018, 11:09 AM

I always get stressed and scared when this unit hits the field.
Cause it hits like a brummbar and it can shoot from nearly anywhere on the map.
It´s like do i have to retreat my infantry at 90% hp.
20 Nov 2018, 11:22 AM

Not sure where you are going with this post. Do you want it nerfed? Are you saying this is good given the 360mp price tag? Should it be more lethal if you are always retreating with health? If want discussion you need to start it...
20 Nov 2018, 11:33 AM

Reposition your infantry constantly and if this doesnt work get Stuka/Pwerfer to delete it in late game.

If Soviet goes for 120mm mortar you should have infantry superiorty for a while. Use it to your advantage.

I think the real problem is this though --> "I always get stressed and scared when this unit hits the field."
20 Nov 2018, 12:01 PM

Best way to deal with it, is to steal it =)
20 Nov 2018, 12:26 PM

Don't camp.
There, hardcountered.
20 Nov 2018, 12:27 PM

Permanently Banned
If the 120mm ever hit anything...
20 Nov 2018, 13:00 PM

the joke is: allie factions have much better defense abilitys (regards with brits) and all of them can get mortars which outrange axis mortars. and get better rocket artillery...and even self propelled Artis... and dont forgett the delete button (b4)

so in conclusion allies can get better deff and at the same time better defence breaker
20 Nov 2018, 13:05 PM

As for me, I'd say that 120mm mortars are pretty decent and definetly not OP.

They are good vs clumped support weapons, for harassing OKW trucks, wiping bunkers, and blobs (when combined with MG).

But their rate of fire is quite slow, they are slow movig and very vulnerable to rocket arty fire. So, IMO, 120mm's are useful but counterable.
20 Nov 2018, 13:12 PM

So i tried in 2v2, with 3 of them.
It´s very rng, but when it hits, it hits like a brummbar.
So i guess it´s balanced.
Combine it with a katysha or 2 and your good.
20 Nov 2018, 14:01 PM

the joke is: allie factions have much better defense abilitys (regards with brits) and all of them can get mortars which outrange axis mortars. and get better rocket artillery...and even self propelled Artis... and dont forgett the delete button (b4)

so in conclusion allies can get better deff and at the same time better defence breaker

Why you are not top 10 with all allies faction if the grass is so much greener there and its so easy?
You think balance is what makes your 2 axis rankings put together next to each other combine into a telephone number?

Play the faction to know its weaknesses, play against it to know its strengths.

There is nothing about 120mm that makes it op in any way, it shoots once every day, can't hit anything and when it does, you need to be clumped up behind tiniest of yellow covers to lose a squad to it.

Mortars aren't any lethal for a long time now, unless you willingly clump your units.
20 Nov 2018, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2018, 14:01 PMKatitof

Why you are not top 10 with all allies faction if the grass is so much greener there and its so easy?
You think balance is what makes your 2 axis rankings put together next to each other combine into a telephone number?

Play the faction to know its weaknesses, play against it to know its strengths.

There is nothing about 120mm that makes it op in any way, it shoots once every day, can't hit anything and when it does, you need to be clumped up behind tiniest of yellow covers to lose a squad to it.

Mortars aren't any lethal for a long time now, unless you willingly clump your units.

U tell so much bs. Remember kids:

- This guy never played ONE Game in 3v3 or 4v4
- Almost never played brits (less than 20games)
- has played less game with all faction as an average player would have in some monts with one faction...
- his last game is month ago
- told us some weeks ago that B4 NEVER hit (yeah ...lol)
- told us that only dumb noobs get a satchelt tank...because it wouldnt work vs good players...lol
- and now he wanna tell us that the 120mm shoots only once per day and never hit.

he is a forum warrior with the task to get everytime with his post personal and wanna tell all other that the guy he trolls is a brain-dmg monkey.

20 Nov 2018, 14:20 PM

Permanently Banned

U tell so much bs. Remember kids:

- This guy never played ONE Game in 3v3 or 4v4
- Almost never played brits (less than 50games)
- has played less game with all faction as an average player would have in some monts with one faction...
- his last game is month ago
- told us some weeks ago that B4 NEVER hit (yeah ...lol)
- told us that only dumb noobs get a satchelt tank...because it wouldnt work vs good players...lol
- and now he wanna tell us that the 120mm shoots only once per day and never hit.

he is a forum warrior with the task to get everytime with his post personal and wanna tell all other that the guy he trolls is a brain-dmg monkey.

And yet he knows what he is talking about unlike you after all those wasted hours and games in said modes but only with axis
20 Nov 2018, 14:22 PM

And yet he knows what he is talking about unlike you after all those wasted hours and games in said modes but only with axis

I have played more allie games than Katitof in total with all factions. And whenever he want...he can battling me and show us his godlike skill vs me. But...
20 Nov 2018, 15:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's try not to bash people when pointing out where they went wrong.

The warning has been issued.
20 Nov 2018, 16:11 PM

Ive heard that it has the same damage as other mortars but a higher AoE (not sure about this)
It also obviously has lower RoF, but higher range
Also it seems to have awful accuracy (also not entirely sure about this)

All in all, its well balanced anyway Id say

20 Nov 2018, 16:32 PM

I always get stressed and scared when this unit hits the field.
Cause it hits like a brummbar and it can shoot from nearly anywhere on the map.
It´s like do i have to retreat my infantry at 90% hp.

In the unlikely event that it does hit one of your infantry squads, you will have to retreat. The accuracy is so bad that it is more or less useless against someone who is active with their infantry. It's good for countering mortars because few players reposition their mortars.
20 Nov 2018, 16:41 PM

The only problem I see for the 120mm mortars is that Ost infantry suffers a lot from them because of their 4 man squads, meaning that if they score a lucky shot on the squad it's either a wipe or you have to instantly retreat the squad unless you wanna lose it. My solution? Give the Axis Granatwerfer 42 which would basically be the HM-38 but renamed, it was actually in German service. That would make certain Axis fanboys like some particular people whose name starts with "u" to shut up.
20 Nov 2018, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Nov 2018, 12:26 PMKatitof
Don't camp.
There, hardcountered.

True. 120mm is a "good" unit that's all. Its expensive and the opponent loses map control if you exploit it right. Some commanders with 120mm have good synergy tho but I would not call them OP.

Provide of you getting REKT by 120mm and ask pros for comments.
20 Nov 2018, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People don't react to the unit missing or taking ages to fire. But they will remember that one time the 120mm got blessed by RNGesus.

The unit no longer has 120dmg with precision strike. You should be more scared about 2 normal mortars which are microed than a single 120mm.

Unless you skip T2, 120mm is not cost effective but micro friendly.
21 Nov 2018, 05:49 AM

People don't react to the unit missing or taking ages to fire. But they will remember that one time the 120mm got blessed by RNGesus.

The unit no longer has 120dmg with precision strike. You should be more scared about 2 normal mortars which are microed than a single 120mm.

Unless you skip T2, 120mm is not cost effective but micro friendly.

That is true.
When u play 120mm u think "what the garden? will that thing ever hit something???"
When u play against it it's "what the garden? they have a howitzer mortar???"

But 120mm is clearly not OP. More range and more AOE, but high cost, less accuracy and low mobility. Usable and counterable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 17
Germany 16
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %