Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
25 Sep 2013, 23:13 PM

Hahaha - that is hilarious - I'm sure it's not intentional though - just an oversight/bug. Which probably would've been caught day 1 of any beta/balance testing if they'd had the sense to do it. Did anyone really not expect stuff like this though? I love Relic's games but they've never released new content without something being totally broken or OP.
25 Sep 2013, 23:42 PM

Played my first automatch, landed on semoisky winter. Faced the brilliant new soviet urban cdr which apparantly allows infinite, instantly built forward HQs (really?) in every building on the map small or large (really?). Stacking offense/defense auras (really?). More medics on the field than conscripts .....

yeah what were relic smoking. this cdr betrays every no brainer tenant of basic game balancing such as, cost vs benefit. Do you really think its hard for a soviet player to float 80 fuel?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ImmortalCOH2/screenshot/579001433576880989

coh2 working as intended relic?

Gonna try some more matches and see how they go, maybe play a more aggressive early game to punish an urban player for an early hq purchase... but I already know whats going to happen. 1 conscript slips past my line on kholdny and all my buildings will magically turn into hqs around my cutoff/fuel, "gg wp".

yes just seen a guy about a hour ago do this to vonivan on twitch live stream he made about 10 fhq because they was never tested and after the first is built the rest are free is what i was told and seen in that stream. needless to say the qa balance devs did a terrible job with many things on these commanders without testing units completely and how it affects the meta game, cause right now there is no meta game!

fix the russina fhq
fix the german trench with mortar
fix the 0 cp assault grens

you want people to pay money for broken commanders you call dlc? wake up relic and do it correctly or don't do it at all!
25 Sep 2013, 23:43 PM

Leaderboards are at the "ladders" link on the top of this page.

Yeah. I know that. But the game itself hasn't got ladders. I've got to check data through a third-party website: CoH2.org
25 Sep 2013, 23:48 PM

I should also note that the HQ auras stack if they are in range. So take that example in my linked screenshot above, 3 hqs would lead to +300% offense AND defense for all units and UNIT ABILITIES near them.

The guy I played in that match talked to me for a while and told me has instantly killed ACs with buffed penals at range, killed FHT at full health 1 at nade, turned those little at guns into beasts....

seriously no testing whatsoever? Its now ruining ladders and driving what few people still play, away. The p2w debate isnt even as important as the fact that the game just became buggy and unarguably imba.

I've been trying out that assault nade german cdr. I'm sure if I tried I could find a replay of it being op but using 1-2 AGs at once hasnt drastically changed my gameplay. The stug3 call in was underwhelming and I feel like it would slow my teching to p4s. The sdf250 was cute but expensive for a one trick that pony that ends as soon as you hit your first at nade or mine.

I'm still in my initial games post patch, but these are just some quick observations.
26 Sep 2013, 00:18 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I should also note that the HQ auras stack if they are in range. So take that example in my linked screenshot above, 3 hqs would lead to +300% offense AND defense for all units and UNIT ABILITIES near them.

The guy I played in that match talked to me for a while and told me has instantly killed ACs with buffed penals at range, killed FHT at full health 1 at nade, turned those little at guns into beasts....

I hope Magpies Flight X is reading this....he might return...:)

seriously no testing whatsoever? Its now ruining ladders and driving what few people still play, away. The p2w debate isnt even as important as the fact that the game just became buggy and unarguably imba.

It's a new patch and sadly, these fun examples will undoubtedly be nerfed....as were,for example,the MG42...its suppression bulletin.......Assault Support Stukas....the Beta Stug....the Clown Car....Relic do sort these OP units

I've been trying out that assault nade german cdr. I'm sure if I tried I could find a replay of it being op but using 1-2 AGs at once hasnt drastically changed my gameplay.

Oh really? This ability is (currently) so-o-o good! :D It has to be nerfed....sooner than we may think :(

The stug3 call in was underwhelming and I feel like it would slow my teching to p4s

This one seemed about right(unless you are an SU fanboy....)

The sdf250 was cute but expensive for a one trick that pony that ends as soon as you hit your first at nade or mine.

The lazy PGs will disgorge,if you command it ----> a nasty surprise for Uncle Joe's troops...

I'm still in my initial games post patch, but these are just some quick observations.

Me also. I want to see SU trenches....and if the Ostheer deal as well with them as I anticipate they will
26 Sep 2013, 00:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Cleaned up some mess and Rubbers, please moderate yourself and use common sense if you want to express your opinion. Btw, doesn't the FHQ cost like 500MP-80Fuel? How was he able to make so many FHQs with you not even being able to react? Mind posting the .rec file here? I'm curious :)
26 Sep 2013, 00:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Cleaned up some mess and Rubbers, please moderate yourself and use common sense if you want to express your opinion. Btw, doesn't the FHQ cost like 500MP-80Fuel? How was he able to make so many FHQs with you not even being able to react? Mind posting the .rec file here? I'm curious :)

Apparently you only need to build one, then the rest are free.
26 Sep 2013, 01:05 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Then that's a bug :(
26 Sep 2013, 01:13 AM

"And it will fixed hopefully tomorrow in a hotfix." (from a balancer at VonIvans Stream).
26 Sep 2013, 01:13 AM

about the collector edition thing i think either relic or sega thinks Collector edition gives 10 extra (5 sov, 5 german am i right? don't remember correctly) commanders and some skins is worth the $40 people paying for, as they intend to sell each commander for $4 and each skin for $2 so it is over $40 if u buy one by one

i just hope in the future ToW content is still free for CE and preordered
26 Sep 2013, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 00:58 AMNullist

Apparently you only need to build one, then the rest are free.

How does this even get by testing? I mean really?
26 Sep 2013, 01:42 AM

The lazy PGs will disgorge,if you command it ----> a nasty surprise for Uncle Joe's troops...

Yeah but why would I pay 560 mp and 55 fuel 5-10 mins into the game for a pgren squad? The halftrack cant reinforce, has no vet or abilities of its own, and is just as susceptible to at nades or mines as any other light vehicles. The soviet clown car works t1 because the germans dont have a strong counter for it if the enemy plays well (read: conservatively).

I dunno am I missing something? Niche uses could be running around after a t70 with shrecks in it but meh
26 Sep 2013, 05:38 AM

Taking mo' money for another half ass job... seems to be the new standard now in video games. This industry has turned to shit, just like the music business.
26 Sep 2013, 06:46 AM

Report after the first day post patch.

Played three games and all opponents I encountered used the new assault grenadier doctrine, I won all three games however. Sure, they are effective against conscripts but this game is all about adaptation.

Maxims are very effective against them, like they are against any type of infantry.

I also encountered the new PGrenadier Halftrack and the only thing I wondered was if the Pgrenadiers come upgraded with shrecks out of the box or not? Anyway, infantry seem to be unable to reinforce from the halftrack so I had no problem with that either. They seemed to be able to fire the shreck from inside the halftrack which was kind of cool.

Oh and I used one of the basic commanders, I haven't spent a dime so far.
26 Sep 2013, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 06:46 AMTivook
Report after the first day post patch.

Played three games and all opponents I encountered used the new assault grenadier doctrine, I won all three games however. Sure, they are effective against conscripts but this game is all about adaptation.

Maxims are very effective against them, like they are against any type of infantry.

I also encountered the new PGrenadier Halftrack and the only thing I wondered was if the Pgrenadiers come upgraded with shrecks out of the box or not? Anyway, infantry seem to be unable to reinforce from the halftrack so I had no problem with that either. They seemed to be able to fire the shreck from inside the halftrack which was kind of cool.

Oh and I used one of the basic commanders, I haven't spent a dime so far.

Assault grens are only game breaking in the first stages of 1 v 1. They aren't overpowered as a unit though.
26 Sep 2013, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 19:44 PMNoun
We did change the pre-order when publishers were changed. We did our best to communicate this on these forums, our own and in the gaming media.

An FAQ related to this is here: http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/community-news-feed/topics/-Company-of-Heroes-2-Collectors-Edition-PreOrder-FAQ?page=1#post-284776

Thats fantastic. Did you ever think about posting it on the front page of the COH2 website like where you advertised it to start with. Or on steam, or.....

I am sorry, but you mean to say: we put it into some forum where not many people will ever venture, so we can pull it out now and say we tried our best to communicate it.

Like you do with most of the Information. pfff

Please, better of not saying anything

As always, me saying 'you' isn't aimed at you personally Noun, but at you as Relic/Sega
26 Sep 2013, 08:04 AM

There is a lot of heat in this thread, and I guess my answer will be just washed away by the sheer amount of replys.
I'm gonna post anyway, actually I just registered on this board to write this:

As long as the new commanders are balanced this has nothing to do with "P2W". This is just "pay to do something different", and that is totally fine.
It is true that the new commanders are not completely balanced. But what did you expect when they add something new to the metagame?

A patch will come out in some days or few weeks and will address all issues. I find this hostility so boring. I love the idea of new content. New commanders as DLC bringing new units and new strategies to the table is awesome, and I am more than fine to pay for that.

And if I am fine with the possibilities the game offers with it's 20 commanders distributed on two factions then I don't buy the new ones. Where is the problem with that?
It's not like the new German commander is the exclusive counter to the new Soviet commander (or vice versa).

edit:
and I hope that future updates will bring more new units as DLC, and I am totally fine to pay for relic's development time required to deliver that.

Unfortunately for many guys here who played VCOH, you got glimpse of it in COH2, we know very well how this game works.
New units/commanders thrown into the game without/much of testing = balancing problems, patches, etc.

It took months and months to balance game after ToV, now we will regularly be getting new commanders/new units.

Sorry, its not about money or not liking to have new units, but I don't want to play the game that will constantly be in "balancing stage'

Also, I payed AU $120.00 pre-order for COH2 just about first few days it was available., Because I knew that THQ and Relic were in trouble. I never even looked at difference between Standard and collectors edition.
I know that a lot of my 'friends' from VCOH did the same thing for the same reason, to help Relic make great game again.

Unfortunately, I feel that with Sega making decisions now emphasis is on making money and catering for campaign players and P2W or Pay for fun. Which is fine, but it kills multyplayer game.

My preorder stated: Featuring the great competitive and co-operative multiplayer that fans have grown to 'EXPECT from this high-quality and critically acclaimed franchise

I certainly didn't expect game without Chat/Lobby/custom annihilate/game that kinda starts to resemble facebook game.

I hope I am wrong, but I think that COH2 will turn out to be exact opposite to everything that made COH great
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 11
Germany 2
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %