Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 26 Sep 2013, 08:34 AM

Thats fantastic. Did you ever think about posting it on the front page of the COH2 website like where you advertised it to start with. Or on steam, or.....

I have a partial list of where it was posted here: http://www.coh2.org/topic/8493/to-relic-concerning-dce-preorder.

It includes our site, COH2.ORG, gamereplays, Relic News, Steam, Amazon and a selection of press. We were as clear as possible about the change and what it included and did our best to let everyone know. It's unfortunate that people missed it and we're sorry if you did.
26 Sep 2013, 09:44 AM

I certainly didn't expect game without Chat/Lobby/custom annihilate/game that kinda starts to resemble facebook game.

I hope I am wrong, but I think that COH2 will turn out to be exact opposite to everything that made COH great

I hope I'm not wrong but I think they are trying to make effort while listening the opinions of the community. Yesterday there was after match this feedback questions, which feature I (among with other players) would like to see most. I voted the most important the Ladders, but it was a bit unclear whether the Custom Game meant for the options for automatch as well. Well hoping for some improvements for the base game as well (along with these debated DLC's).
26 Sep 2013, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 08:34 AMNoun

I have a partial list of where it was posted here: http://www.coh2.org/topic/8493/to-relic-concerning-dce-preorder.

It includes our site, COH2.ORG, gamereplays, Relic News, Steam, Amazon and a selection of press. We were as clear as possible about the change and what it included and did our best to let everyone know. It's unfortunate that people missed it and we're sorry if you did.

To be honest, that was not the problem for me. I knew very well of the changes made to the preorder collectors edition. It was, like you said, posted all over the place.

My concern lies within it's value. And i think I speak for more than just myself on this one. I do not expect free commanders or other DLC for the rest of my life just for owning the DCE. A little more bang for my buck, though. See, you never defined the ToW DLC to be split in two halves. And this is the point. DCE should get the whole pack with both factions, fairness wise.
26 Sep 2013, 11:35 AM

Also, I payed AU $120.00 pre-order for COH2 just about first few days it was available., Because I knew that THQ and Relic were in trouble. I never even looked at difference between Standard and collectors edition.
I know that a lot of my 'friends' from VCOH did the same thing for the same reason, to help Relic make great game again.

+1

This is exactly the reason why I preordered COH2.

And just like you, I'm a tad disappointed at all of this.
26 Sep 2013, 11:50 AM

Thing that most hurt me was giving Germans trenches... not only not solved problem wit lack of infantry defenses for soviets and they add more defense stuff for German player - It feels bad, really :(.
26 Sep 2013, 20:23 PM
26 Sep 2013, 20:26 PM

Yep. However, Germans getting trenches doesn't mean Soviets won't get them as well, they're generic enough that somewhere down the line you could see Soviets getting them too.
27 Sep 2013, 10:59 AM

It wouldn't made difference for me because I pre-ordered collectors edition in first few days when game went on pre-order. Never checked difference between CE or SE, would have gotten CE no matter what anyway, because like many others at that time wanted to do anything to bail out Relic from financial problems i heard of on lobby chat (Irony).

At the end of the day, you guys (Relic) do what you think its best for the game, and we don't all have same expectations and wishes.

I can't see myself playing much longer 1v1's and automatch, and all I was drilling you for has been answered finally:

-You never planned for the game with custom lobby to start with and have no current plans for Custom lobby/chat to be implemented.
Thank you for the information and I wish you personally, Relic and COH2 all the best.
27 Sep 2013, 11:20 AM
Patrion 14

Well, Noun, I missed it. I paid up-front to support Relic and feel, frankly, ripped off. I'm not anti-DLC, I'm not a P2W whiner and I love(d) CoH. I'm out of here for a while, won't be playing and am disappointed with Relic's position on CoH2.

For me the last straw was the CE rip-off. The CoH2.org only ladders smacked of amateurism, and the lack of lobbies obtuse and even stubborn.

CoH2 isn't fun to play as a community game where you can meet new players *in-game*

On top of that Sega treats pre-order customers with contempt.

BFW out.
27 Sep 2013, 15:36 PM

The CoH2.org only ladders smacked of amateurism, and the lack of lobbies obtuse and even stubborn.

CoH2 isn't fun to play as a community game where you can meet new players *in-game*

^ This.

The online - or lack of - in game communication with RANDOM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW - has essentially killed the in game community. My COH 1 in games friend list was huge, you'd often converse with players while waiting for a 4th player to join a public match etc and you'd build a network of friends.

The current system is sterile and cold - COH1 I never made friends playing Automatch - that wasn't what its purpose was for - Automatch was where you went to compete - the Lobby's were where you went to play and enjoy the game.

Now all we have is a single avenue to play the game - a forced avenue I might add.

Personally I'm glad you had the open Beta as it enabled me to save a good chunk of change and cancel my preorder - the game at that time felt very rough and I figured it'd take several months of patches to fix - so I thought I'd save myself the premium price for being asked to be a tester Guinea Pig and come back when it was fixed. The lack of public lobbies at that time I thought was simply because the beta was there to test the actual game mechanics.

In hind sight.....wow.....its really hard to believe you guys thought that beta was essentially good to go.
27 Sep 2013, 16:10 PM
Patrion 14

The 'pro' community, I'm sad to say, have killed CoH2 by accident. By getting disproportionate influence over game development the important stuff that matters more to non-elite players has gone by the wayside.
27 Sep 2013, 16:31 PM

The 'pro' community, I'm sad to say, have killed CoH2 by accident. By getting disproportionate influence over game development the important stuff that matters more to non-elite players has gone by the wayside.

Sad but very true.

Whats even more telling is the lack of fan boy-ism response that was so typical here for the first few months of release - any criticism was leapt upon vigorously by a large proportion of forum users here.

The amount of flack I copped here a while back when I persisted with Noun to give us a straight answer in regards to lobbies etc was rather comical now given retrospect.

Now they don't even offer more than a grumble of support given even they agree this isn't going well.

I think many of us would be happy with a fixed COH 1 and just forget about this "new" game.
27 Sep 2013, 16:40 PM
Benefactor 115

If you think that lobbying for an observer mode and a better replay system so that we can stream and commentate on the game easier and in turn help grow the player base killed CoH2 then more power to you. Both of which might I add we haven't seen a sniff of so we are just as disappointed as you are.

However please continue to believe that people like myself and other "leet gamors" fucked the game over for you.
27 Sep 2013, 16:41 PM

the funny thing is is that the amount of "elites" or the 1% are leaving the game. relic should concentrate on 3v3 and 4v4 cause thats soon going to be the only modes anyone will play because its just fun.
27 Sep 2013, 16:43 PM

If you think that lobbying for an observer mode and a better replay system so that we can stream and commentate on the game easier and in turn help grow the player base killed CoH2 then more power to you. Both of which might I add we haven't seen a sniff of so we are just as disappointed as you are.

However please continue to believe that people like myself and other "leet gamors" fucked the game over for you.

You missed the point so much here - I regret that its beyond funny.

Maybe focusing on the problem rather than targeting individuals may be more helpful?

The more you foster an "Us and them" mentality of "pro" and the "rest" - well - you isolate yourself that much all you'll have left is a game tailored for you and 20 of your closest "leet" friends.

While the rest of "us" have moved on to something new - say like that new EA Command & Conquer F2P on the horizon.
27 Sep 2013, 16:50 PM
Benefactor 115

The thing is I don't have an us and them mentality. I am extremely excited when I see new people sign up to tournaments or other competitive events. I want more people to take part in competitive events no matter what their skill level is and I want more people to enjoy the aspect of playing RTS games against other people.

However you are the ones that want to create barriers and divisions by blaming other members of the community who only want it to grow.
27 Sep 2013, 16:57 PM

The thing is I don't have an us and them mentality. I am extremely excited when I see new people sign up to tournaments or other competitive events. I want more people to take part in competitive events no matter what their skill level is and I want more people to enjoy the aspect of playing RTS games against other people.

However you are the ones that want to create barriers and divisions by blaming other members of the community who only want it to grow.

Well that's great to hear and I encourage that effort on your behalf.

Your initial post though here didn't come across as quite as friendly though - and impressions are hard to interpret on the internet!

I think the problem here is that because things that attract "general" gamers are missing - the increase in those general gamers who want to take it to that next level of competitiveness just won't happen as the general community doesn't exist.

Grow the base - then more will likely progress to competitive play.
27 Sep 2013, 17:01 PM

You never planned for the game with custom lobby to start with and have no current plans for Custom lobby/chat to be implemented.

It's actually planned to be added, afaik, but unfortunately there's no ETA.
27 Sep 2013, 17:09 PM
27 Sep 2013, 17:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^ This.

The online - or lack of - in game communication with RANDOM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW - has essentially killed the in game community. My COH 1 in games friend list was huge, you'd often converse with players while waiting for a 4th player to join a public match etc and you'd build a network of friends.

The current system is sterile and cold - COH1 I never made friends playing Automatch - that wasn't what its purpose was for - Automatch was where you went to compete - the Lobby's were where you went to play and enjoy the game.

Now all we have is a single avenue to play the game - a forced avenue I might add.

Personally I'm glad you had the open Beta as it enabled me to save a good chunk of change and cancel my preorder - the game at that time felt very rough and I figured it'd take several months of patches to fix - so I thought I'd save myself the premium price for being asked to be a tester Guinea Pig and come back when it was fixed. The lack of public lobbies at that time I thought was simply because the beta was there to test the actual game mechanics.

In hind sight.....wow.....its really hard to believe you guys thought that beta was essentially good to go.

I'm struggling to understand this espousal of the lobby system, Ping Ping.

If I accept that your motives for wanting it are bona fide - the reality of it seemed far too often to be a vile mess of juveniles discussing having sexual intercourse with each other's mother, intermingled with hate posts by possibly older posters about various religions or ethnicity, or posters taking extreme political positions which were fascist in one way, shape or form.

Policing such tripe would take a small army of mods. Can you imagine the embarrassment of Relic head honchos reporting to SEGA why comments on 'Nips' 'Gooks' etc would be beneficial for the game? Or would justify extra expense in moderating? Or why such idle, hate-fuelled remarks support the concept of free speech?

Just sayin'
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight