Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
27 Sep 2013, 18:03 PM

I'm struggling to understand this espousal of the lobby system, Ping Ping.

I struggle to understand you - point blank.

The great part of COH2 is that its attached to your Steam account - so if undesireables want to engage in racist or other derogatory comments - they can be reported and their account shut down, much easier to enforce that the way COH1 was.

So again - I really don't understand your posts.
27 Sep 2013, 18:14 PM
Patrion 14

If you think that lobbying for an observer mode and a better replay system so that we can stream and commentate on the game easier and in turn help grow the player base killed CoH2 then more power to you. Both of which might I add we haven't seen a sniff of so we are just as disappointed as you are.

However please continue to believe that people like myself and other "leet gamors" fucked the game over for you.

Dude, your overly-defensive butt-hurt doesn't make it any less true. The overly-cosy relationship between this forum and Relic has seen lots of features like Twitch implemented but nothing as fundamental as a basic game lobby. A feature that grows and feeds the casual player base and eventually translates into more competitive gamers.

Seriously. If you honestly think that's less important than an observer mode then we might as well not bother having this conversation.

Please look at my posting history. I'm not anti-elite or competitive gaming. But there needs to be some sort of acknowledgement that the influence of a tiny part of the community might have led to the ball being dropped on the bread-and-butter features this game badly needs.

As for Maj. Bloodknok... I agree that the game channels were a disgrace. I'm not bothered about them, personally, but a custom game lobby is a deal-breaker. We've all been patient about waiting to see about custom lobbies buT Relic is more interested in DLC.

27 Sep 2013, 18:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I struggle to understand you - point blank.

I do apologise if what I write is difficult for you to to comprehend. When you read my previous post again, if you do, you will see that I was not accusing you of anything adverse.

The great part of COH2 is that its attached to your Steam account - so if undesireables want to engage in racist or other derogatory comments - they can be reported and their account shut down, much easier to enforce that the way COH1 was.

I agree. And it is a damned shame if you cannot proceed without these unpleasant interlopers. But what I wrote, was to try to explain why I think that Relic may be hesitant about adopting your idea, which whilst admirable (NOTE!) is too often open to abuse

So again - I really don't understand your posts - and in all honesty I'd simply like to put you on ignore so I don't have to read your often odd thoughts.

Simply do not read my posts then. Easy as that. It was not ad hominem But there are none so blind as those who will not see....:(
28 Sep 2013, 03:05 AM

The thing is I don't have an us and them mentality. I am extremely excited when I see new people sign up to tournaments or other competitive events. I want more people to take part in competitive events no matter what their skill level is and I want more people to enjoy the aspect of playing RTS games against other people.

However you are the ones that want to create barriers and divisions by blaming other members of the community who only want it to grow.

I don't care about tournaments, I have no aspiration to become tournament player, I have no aspiration to be number 1 on leaderboard...

I am not saying that its wrong for people who wish to do so, but to think that is the only 'valid community' is just silly.

You do not have 'us and them' mentality, you are quite right. You have only US mentality. Unfortunately 'valid community (us)' is something that majority of people don't have any desire to do.

There was a time when I did play 1v1 competitively trying to rank up, get better, etc.
That time is long gone, now I have demanding job, family, obligations and little time to play COH2.
Just want to play for fun, hope thats not to hard to understand......
28 Sep 2013, 03:09 AM

It's actually planned to be added, afaik, but unfortunately there's no ETA.

Oh thats great news!!!

Are you Nouns, boss?
Because Noun said: "that they never planned to have lobby nor have it planned at present time"

28 Sep 2013, 04:23 AM

Are playing for fun and playing in tournaments mutually exclusive?
28 Sep 2013, 04:48 AM

Are playing for fun and playing in tournaments mutually exclusive?

Apparently yes. It appears that '1v1 and tournament community' is only valid community and rest of the COH2 game modes is there just to generate players for 1v1 tournaments and to evolve into tournament players.
It doesn't matter what they think/wish for.........

Edit: my bad, completely missed the point you raised. My bad :blush:

So, no they are not mutually exclusive, we all play just for fun in the end. 4v4 is often refered as 'casual' and only for fun mode. I went that way
28 Sep 2013, 05:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Implying everyone doesn't play "for fun".
28 Sep 2013, 05:15 AM

Apparently yes. It appears that '1v1 and tournament community' is only valid community and rest of the COH2 game modes is there just to generate players for 1v1 tournaments and to evolve into tournament players.
It doesn't matter what they think/wish for.........

Oh come on man, I appreciate your grievances but saying shit like this kind of makes you sound like you're pouting. Lobby functionality with annihilate and all that IS in the game, it just requires you to already have people on your friends list and is thus not up to the standard of the community. Relic can still fix it. It's not like they're pissing in the casual's Cheerios while high fiving all the pro bros.
28 Sep 2013, 09:18 AM
Patrion 14

Lobby functionality with annihilate and all that IS in the game, it just requires you to already have people on your friends list

Therefore it isn't in the game, is it? It's like saying "You have chocolate chip cookies. OK, you have cookies but if you have some chocolate chips nearby then you can sprinkle them on yourself."

Steam is a suboptimal platform for a social gaming experience like an RTS. I agree with you that the divide between competitive and casual players isn't helpful, but let's call it as it is.

Relic have dropped the ball, big time, with this one. MP feels sterile and soulless at the moment. Jesus I hate that pointless radar graphic and the inability to set up a game and see who joins.

28 Sep 2013, 09:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Especially because these "ignorant" comments (because there's no other way to define them - the comments, not the people who wrote them) point the finger to those who are asking Relic from September 2012 (when we met them at Eurogamer Expo) to have:

- public chat rooms and lobbies for custom games
- a ladder divided in Seasons so players don't have to care about their stats because they'll be wiped out every season and they can play more relaxed
- observer mode and better replay features not only for casters and youtubers but also for MENTORING, something people forgot completely and that "we", the "bad pro guys", are doing for whoever wants to improve with no requirement and for free
- steam workshop implemented to produce mods and maps easily downloadable and installable ingame by everyone
- worldbuilder to let us create new maps and be implemented for all the game modes
- new fun game modes for everyone, not aimed to be competitive

It's disappointing, to say the least, the amount of misinformation of some users on this website, there's no "pro" community if there is no community at all and if the game is not fun for all. We are trying to create the good balance between everything to make everyone happy with the feedback we give to Relic, that's why we built this website and that's why we give feedback to Relic at first. COH1 is what it is also thanks to those "pros".

On a side note, Beta servers forums are full of players of all the game modes, not just 1vs1: 95% of the times we play 2vs2, 3vs3 and sometimes 4vs4, 1vs1 are so rare.

Hope it cleared some points, we are all on the same side guys :)
28 Sep 2013, 10:12 AM

Especially because these "ignorant" comments (because there's no other way to define them - the comments, not the people who wrote them) point the finger to those who are asking Relic from September 2012 (when we met them at Eurogamer Expo) to have:

- public chat rooms and lobbies for custom games
- a ladder divided in Seasons so players don't have to care about their stats because they'll be wiped out every season and they can play more relaxed
- observer mode and better replay features not only for casters and youtubers but also for MENTORING, something people forgot completely and that "we", the "bad pro guys", are doing for whoever wants to improve with no requirement and for free
- steam workshop implemented to produce mods and maps easily downloadable and installable ingame by everyone
- worldbuilder to let us create new maps and be implemented for all the game modes
- new fun game modes for everyone, not aimed to be competitive

It's disappointing, to say the least, the amount of misinformation of some users on this website, there's no "pro" community if there is no community at all and if the game is not fun for all. We are trying to create the good balance between everything to make everyone happy with the feedback we give to Relic, that's why we built this website and that's why we give feedback to Relic at first. COH1 is what it is also thanks to those "pros".

On a side note, Beta servers forums are full of players of all the game modes, not just 1vs1: 95% of the times we play 2vs2, 3vs3 and sometimes 4vs4, 1vs1 are so rare.

Hope it cleared some points, we are all on the same side guys :)

No one is pointing finger at you Marcus, fingers are pointed on idiots who by their own admition don't play 4v4's yet use any opportunity to insult, ridicule and call names anyone who does.
Giving opinions and arguing endlessly for something that has nothing to do with them to begin with.
You must have seen plenty of them.......
28 Sep 2013, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2013, 05:11 AMNullist
Implying everyone doesn't play "for fun".

Lol, totally missed that as point.

My bad, interpreted it completely wrong
28 Sep 2013, 10:42 AM
Patrion 14

We are trying to create the good balance between everything to make everyone happy with the feedback we give to Relic, that's why we built this website and that's why we give feedback to Relic at first.

Marcus, in all seriousness, take my feedback constructively: it ain't working. CoH.org is synonymous with the competitive, elite players.

Casuals are derided (go play The Scheldt) and the 1v1 / 2v2 tournie crowd are the squeakiest wheels who get the most oil.

How many of the key coH2.org personalities and prime movers are a voice for casual gamers? I suspect the answer is none.
28 Sep 2013, 11:25 AM

I played lot of team games and had fun as a Soviet player. Reached top 50 in 3v3 and 4v4. I adapted to strafe spam, insta pin mg etc.. The good games when flanking is rewarded was awesome... but now with the p2w stuff.. makes me wanna drop this game. Also hit the dirt does gets pin by strafe now..
28 Sep 2013, 11:39 AM

Marcus, in all seriousness, take my feedback constructively: it ain't working. CoH.org is synonymous with the competitive, elite players.

Casuals are derided (go play The Scheldt) and the 1v1 / 2v2 tournie crowd are the squeakiest wheels who get the most oil.

How many of the key coH2.org personalities and prime movers are a voice for casual gamers? I suspect the answer is none.

Now it seems to be - play 100 games 1v1 games, or you're noob.
28 Sep 2013, 12:05 PM
Benefactor 115

I get my enjoyment from hosting events, more so than actually playing. I love it when loads of people take part, I don't care if you're terrible or super pro I want everyone to take part.

I understand that not everyone has a desire to take part and that's fair enough but don't blame me or my contemporaries for ruining the game.

Yes there aren't any open lobbies but we've not got any of the features that we requested either ( see Marcus' list) So if you want to blame someone for the game not being up to your standards blame the developer outright and not a sub set of the community because you believe we have have some magical influence over the developers. Personally I'm not happy with how things are either.
28 Sep 2013, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 23:25 PMUGBEAR
DCE collection owner have no access to these new commanders......The steam main page said DCE will included new commanders post-release, it's a shame that I've believed them again

+1

COH2=SCAM

28 Sep 2013, 13:47 PM

I get my enjoyment from hosting events, more so than actually playing. I love it when loads of people take part, I don't care if you're terrible or super pro I want everyone to take part.

I understand that not everyone has a desire to take part and that's fair enough but don't blame me or my contemporaries for ruining the game.

Yes there aren't any open lobbies but we've not got any of the features that we requested either ( see Marcus' list) So if you want to blame someone for the game not being up to your standards blame the developer outright and not a sub set of the community because you believe we have have some magical influence over the developers. Personally I'm not happy with how things are either.

Sounds a lot better than your previous post
28 Sep 2013, 14:18 PM

I still can't see why there is such staunch resistance here to put the lobbies back in.

We have still not heard ONE legitimate reason for this.

It can't be due to cost or ability - especially given COH2 multiplayer is exactly the same P2P that COH1 used - it wouldn't take an army of programmers to simply drop it in.

All I can see here is that its fear of the majority of players "leaving" a forced game model - and in all honesty - why is that a "bad" thing?

These players will still buy your game - actually there will be more buying it as MANY have decided to steer clear of COH2 till it got lobbies etc.

These players will buy your DLC.

These players will PLAY YOUR GAME.

AND - wait for it - Players WILL STILL PLAY THE GAME IN AUTOMATCH AS THEY'RE FORCED TO TODAY TOO.

Everybody wins - the community gets bigger - the gamers get the game they wanted - and the developers get more $.

When your market is screaming out for a product and you deliberately ignore them - that's where companies fail.

So why does this persistent and staunch resistance continue?

If gamers want a game - Let THEM chose which game they want to play.

If you don't give people a CHOICE - they'll make their own - which judging by the game's active community - you can see what that choice is that they're making.

As they say - adapt or perish - and right now it looks like perish is winning this one.
PAGES (19)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS