Login

russian armor

New Commanders / Units discussion

PAGES (19)down
24 Sep 2013, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 20:26 PMAffe
IT HAS BEGUN.....

New "PAY 2 WIN" DLC commanders have arrived to milk the sh1t out of the People.

Here is COH 2s future:

King Tiger DLC Commander = 4$
Jagdpanther DLC Commander = 4$
SU-100 DLC Commander = 4$
KV-2 DLC Commander = 4$
Jagdpanzer IV/70 DLC Commander = 4$
Hetzer DLC Commander = 4$
KV-85 DLC Commander = 4$
Hummel DLC Commander = 4$
SU-122 DLC Commander = 4$
ISU-122 DLC Commander = 4$
Puma DLC Commander = 4$
BS-3-at-gun DLC Commander = 4$
FLAK 88 DLC Commander = 4$
Marder 3 DLC Commander = 4$
Land-lease sherman DLC Commander = 4$
Panzer III DLC Commander = 4$
StuH 42 DLC Commander = 4$
Wirbelwind DLC Commander = 4$
Jagdtiger DLC Commander = 4$
T-26 DLC Commander = 4$
IS-1 DLC Commander = 4$
german 210mm morser 18 howitzer DLC Commander = 4$
Stormtroopers DLC Commander = 4$
soviet naval infantry DLC Commander = 4$
german paratroopers DLC Commander = 4$
soviet paratroopers DLC Commander = 4$

Even if the truth hurts,this made me chuckle :)...
24 Sep 2013, 21:01 PM

I really feel bad for the those that put their $100 and faith behind the company in the Beta/Alpha of this - they're the true fans and they're the ones who got the full shaft on this.

Hear, hear.

All Relic is accomplishing with this move is pissing off half the existing fanbase. They're not going to bring in a lot of new players with this kind of DLC pile-up (who the hell wants to put down an immediate $120ish dollars just to get all the gameplay content).

I know I must come off as a bitter old man on this issue, but seriously: what the fuck. This game has honestly been one disappointing piss-off after another and I know there are a lot of people who feel the same as me that aren't as vocal about it.

If I had never played vCoH, you can bet I would never even think about buying CoH2, let alone pre-ordering the DCE - this is probably the same case for a lot of the pre-orders. This is downright exploitation and shame on those of you that are okay with it - frankly, they're milking you too.
24 Sep 2013, 21:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 17:48 PMI984

So was COH1 and you seem to get a boner thinking about COH1.

You are right about me getting a boner thinking about vCoH, CoH2 only tries to tingle my balls and i barely feel it. Too bad you cannot see what THQ financial problems did to the sequel. I'm done discussing it now, because it's been discussed enough.
24 Sep 2013, 21:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Greetings and Good Evening to the Commander of Kampfgruppe Disentitled! :)

Charging $60+ for a game and then nickel and diming an already rapidly diminishing player base - and THEN to hear people use the excuse of "they need the $$$ to continue the game"...seriously?

Seriously, yes, they do,Herr Oberst Ping Ping. Commercial exigencies seem to continually find you with snow in your pants, but it is true. $$ = survival.

If the game were 3 years old and $10 - SURE - I think most would agree they DO need the $.

The idea that this game (or any game)could survive for three years,fully supported, without further financial input is.......crass.

This is 3 MONTHS old and STILL charging a AAA price.

I think there may be a discount on the price already,but please correct me....

I really feel bad for the those that put their $100 and faith behind the company in the Beta/Alpha of this - they're the true fans and they're the ones who got the full shaft on this.

I don't feel shafted. Honestly, Guv, I do not.

(And so the massed band of Kampfgruppe Ping Ping marched away, resolutely, blindly, to attack its next target, trumpets blaring, with Ping Ping banging fiercely on the big bass drum....Boom Boom Boom....)

24 Sep 2013, 21:59 PM

Greetings and Good Evening to the Commander of Kampfgruppe Disentitled! :)

Seriously, yes, they do,Herr Oberst Ping Ping. Commercial exigencies seem to continually find you with snow in your pants, but it is true. $$ = survival.

The idea that this game (or any game)could survive for three years,fully supported, without further financial input is.......crass.

I think there may be a discount on the price already,but please correct me....

I don't feel shafted. Honestly, Guv, I do not.

(And so the massed band of Kampfgruppe Ping Ping marched away, resolutely, blindly, to attack its next target, trumpets blaring, with Ping Ping banging fiercely on the big bass drum....Boom Boom Boom....)

You sir - are either a complete fan boy or oblivious to reality.

At $60 to $100 a pop COH2 is FAR from cheap - and to THEN claim poor on top of that?

You're obviously wearing the Rose Coloured glasses - so enjoy your COH2 world sunshine - it's going to be full of people just like you soon.....(ie. a very SMALL world).
24 Sep 2013, 22:37 PM

fuck, of course they're more expensive in AUS.

god dammit sega/relic

COH2 is NOT FREE TO PLAY.
YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS, OKAY GUYS.

PLEASE

i'd be COMPLETELY fine with this if you bundled them with the case blue DLC, everything would be okay.

but you have to release them like this, and its bloody annoying
24 Sep 2013, 22:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You sir - are either a complete fan boy or oblivious to reality.

And you sir, are a goat! :D

At $60 to $100 a pop COH2 is FAR from cheap - and to THEN claim poor on top of that?

You're obviously wearing the Rose Coloured glasses - so enjoy your COH2 world sunshine - it's going to be full of people just like you soon.....(ie. a very SMALL world).

Please tell me you have looked at the cost of these Commander downloads,about which you rail so vehemently, Herr Oberst Ping Ping. They are in cost ,to borrow the quaint phrase, nickels and dimes.

24 Sep 2013, 23:25 PM

DCE collection owner have no access to these new commanders......The steam main page said DCE will included new commanders post-release, it's a shame that I've believed them again
24 Sep 2013, 23:27 PM

And you sir, are a goat! :D

Please tell me you have looked at the cost of these Commander downloads,about which you rail so vehemently, Herr Oberst Ping Ping. They are in cost ,to borrow the quaint phrase, nickels and dimes.

Goat? ok...

If the game was $19.95 - people could understand and tolerate this.

But this is one of the MOST EXPENSIVE GAMES ON STEAM - and then they pull this.

It's not a matter of $ as nearly EVERYBODY here has indicated - its the principle of paying top dollar for this product - and THEN being asked to kick in even more.

Its a joke and its really a poor way to treat those who put a LOT of money and faith into the company at the Beta/Alpha stages - especially - as you so aptly point out - the DLC is "nickels and dimes".

Seeing as the DLC is that "cheap" and yet the CE pre-orders put a lot on the line for them - wouldn't it just be better for them (as in Relic) to give something back to these that paid the extra to support them - rather than the $2.99 slap in the face they're getting?
24 Sep 2013, 23:28 PM

Oh FFS booby traps. Those were the most irritating, lazy piece of design in COH 1. Far less fun to play with or against than the Brits and so much easier to use. They'd better cost munitions and not be near-instant squad-wipers now.

Mechanised Assault looks pretty OP (seriously, 5 man grens with assault rifles, call-in PGs and halftrack... so, onfield reinforcement and shreks without T2), trenches with MGs and LMGs on the same faction AND really cheap (hence lots of units to build with) infantry looks like ohsweetjesusno. Counterattack doctrine looks quite interesting. Aside from booby traps, which can die in a hole, the other one offers some really interesting things. Light call-in AT and forward HQs could really help the Soviets have some new options on Langres and Semois.
24 Sep 2013, 23:29 PM
Benefactor 115

Hans just ripped a conscript squad with Assault Grens 5-0 live
25 Sep 2013, 00:55 AM

Yup, here's the confirmation doctrine is OP.

Sigh...
25 Sep 2013, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 23:29 PMtuvok
Hans just ripped a conscript squad with Assault Grens 5-0 live

Are you fucking kidding me?

This game is done. RIP COH.
25 Sep 2013, 00:59 AM

Its Company of DLCs 2.
25 Sep 2013, 01:31 AM

Question:Why are some commanders locked?i have two commanders locked: 1 in soviet (Soviet Reserve Army) and 1 in german (German Mechanized Doctrine)Saying commander is incompatible with this loadout at the bottom of the selected commander sheet.

25 Sep 2013, 01:38 AM

I have collectors edition, do i have to buy the new comanders & new stuff to have it online?
25 Sep 2013, 01:40 AM

I have collectors edition, do i have to buy the new comanders & new stuff to have it online?

Yes.Collectors Edition don t include the new commanders with new Units/abilitis.
25 Sep 2013, 01:45 AM

We get 2 commanders for each faction free and there are an additional 4 commanders that aren't included in the DCE.
25 Sep 2013, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Have been checking this forum for a while but their decision with this commanders made me post.

From the beggining it was kinda strange, at least for me, the whole thing with commanders on this game. At least from an RTS perspective (being able to have certain combinations of units that some people may not have because they didnt buy them).
But i feel it was fine since ALL the abilities n UNITS were available on different commanders.

Releasing new commanders with completely new ABILITIES N UNITS which aren´t accesible, yet, seems like BS. If both the new 2 FREE commanders did have this abilities i wouldnt complain. Thats my main concern.

EDIT:
Even if vCOH did have n expansion which 2 factions, i feel its a completely different situation since OF. was a proper expansion.

25 Sep 2013, 02:19 AM

I dont see or find any of these commanders on steam .

PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS