Login

russian armor

Angoville Discussion

30 Nov 2018, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2018, 00:53 AMTric

New Angoville CoH2

The other thing is that in the west the northern base ALWAYS has a free point connected to their base, even if the cutoff is contested and the south does not.

EDIT: For posterity and in case someone (wont be me) changes the map down the road: The always connected left side point is so that each cutoff cuts the same amount of resources. Looking just up to the fuel or center-line of the map you would have:
NORTH CUTOFF: 1-TP, 1-Fuel, 1-Muni
SOUTH CUTOFF: 1-TP, 1-Fuel, 1-Muni

Looking past the center is troublesome because you can connect around the cutoff.
30 Nov 2018, 02:16 AM

New Ango really sucky, please leave it alone..... revert and dont touch
30 Nov 2018, 02:27 AM

New Ango really sucky, please leave it alone..... revert and dont touch

Dear Customer,

Thank you for replying on our new product. We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience with said product. Please contact us at 1-800-use-words. One of our customer representatives will walk you thru the process of redeeming your free Macaroni & Cheese coupons!
30 Nov 2018, 02:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2018, 02:27 AMRosbone

Dear Customer,

Thank you for replying on our new product. We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience with said product. Please contact us at 1-800-use-words. One of our customer representatives will walk you thru the process of redeeming your free Macaroni & Cheese coupons!

ALRIGHT! At least I know the macaroni and cheese will be quality!!
30 Nov 2018, 02:31 AM

Yes, it will be the freshest and tastiest Mac and Cheese in a can you can get! Trump Brand
30 Nov 2018, 02:51 AM

NWFresh: Did you have any serious things you want to discuss about the map? What did you like/Dislike? Just saying "...it is sucky" is funny as hell but it does not help your argument in any way?

I am looking for stuff like "The cutoff house is too strong." If you want to phrase it like "The cutoff house eats monkey nuts" That is fine also :P
30 Nov 2018, 02:51 AM

TRUMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
30 Nov 2018, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2018, 02:51 AMRosbone
NWFresh: Did you have any serious things you want to discuss about the map? What did you like/Dislike? Just saying "...it is sucky" is funny as hell but it does not help your argument in any way?

I am looking for stuff like "The cutoff house is too strong." If you want to phrase it like "The cutoff house eats monkey nuts" That is fine also :P

Just old map Had a lot more options for tactical play.... Allowed the dance to develop if you will.... in a funner way
30 Nov 2018, 02:59 AM

My biggest issue with new ango is definitely the shot blockers in certain positions. It just feels a bit to random in certain spots. I am not against providing areas that favor different ranged weapons and therefore certain factions but there does seem to be an excess of blindspots on this map.
It is really easy to get ambushed which results in immediate retreat or squad wipe, which is simply frustrating. Pathing is also an issue at times.

I had a game recently where I had a dominant lead in Vp and resources, but the soviet player towards the end started just camping the side with double Vp. The issue was ppsh cons could easily charge around blind corners putting them at maximum damage output almost immediately causing instant retreats. My frustration was it felt extremely difficult to manouver.

A lot of the improvements are acceptable if not strictly necessary. If the sightblockers can be cleared away or pushed together then the map would be ok, but for me this map is an automatic Veto for Ost.
30 Nov 2018, 03:08 AM

Skemshead: Thanks for the insight. I think everyone agrees there are too many sight blockers. Once you start laying out where MGs can cover the whole right side, you see where the sight blocks need to be.

NorthWestFresh: Here was the original discussion about Angoville and why things got changed. Mostly to me the North spawn was OP due to the extra buildings, wall on the south base, cutoffs. The lack of sight blockers let MG42s cover an entire side of the map and made cancer inducing snipers meta.
30 Nov 2018, 03:50 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Honestly I'd pay for a box of mac and cheese shaped like American politicians
A_E
1 Dec 2018, 20:57 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I am so shocked and surprised that noone at Relic had issues with Angoville being changed this much. The very first map ever designed for this game, by Quinn Duffy himself no less, and now it has been allowed to completely change its character without being able to fix all of its CoH2 flaws.

A map designed for CoH1 will not work for CoH2 that is painfully obvious, the resource systems are not compatible.

This map should have been just removed from automatch, and a CoH2 designed map should take its place.
1 Dec 2018, 21:23 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2018, 20:57 PMA_E
I am so shocked and surprised that noone at Relic had issues with Angoville being changed this much. The very first map ever designed for this game, by Quinn Duffy himself no less, and now it has been allowed to completely change its character without being able to fix all of its CoH2 flaws.

A map designed for CoH1 will not work for CoH2 that is painfully obvious, the resource systems are not compatible.

This map should have been just removed from automatch, and a CoH2 designed map should take its place.

100% agree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS