Login

russian armor

So Axis SMGs really are intentionally inferior?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
16 Oct 2018, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2018, 06:22 AMVipper

Patch should simply stop trying to make units more attractive by increasing the DPS and try to add utility and new tactics for non mainline infantry.

Like commando camouflage on stormtroopers or 5 man gren squads. I think that the patches are moving in the right direction at least.
16 Oct 2018, 07:06 AM

A 4 page long discussion about smgs and basically no one even remembers partisans :(
16 Oct 2018, 08:47 AM

Like commando camouflage on stormtroopers or 5 man gren squads. I think that the patches are moving in the right direction at least.

Well storm troopers shelling point is still they extremely High DPS. Imo the unit should not be even in the commander since an "infantry" officer would make much more sense.

5 men grenadier squads would make more sense if they brought new thing on the table and come with normal grenades, 5 g43 of level M1 Garand and cheaper reinforcement. Then they could work along Lmg grenadiers.
17 Oct 2018, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2018, 08:47 AMVipper

5 men grenadier squads would make more sense if they brought new thing on the table and come with normal grenades, 5 g43 of level M1 Garand and cheaper reinforcement. Then they could work along Lmg grenadiers.

So rifles. Just German rifles, but with the best team weapons in game behind them... I'm sure that would be balanced..
17 Oct 2018, 08:05 AM

So rifles. Just German rifles, but with the best team weapons in game behind them... I'm sure that would be balanced..

Well they would still appear later, not have access to rack weapons and so on...

Imo doctrinal infantry upgrades could also come with tech cost giving the player the choice weather to invest in infantry upgrades to get better infantry options or to follow normal tech up.

The current CP limitations don't really work since one can spam infantry and just wait to reach the CP requirements that will allows his numerous infantry to become superior.
17 Oct 2018, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 08:05 AMVipper

Well they would still appear later, not have access to rack weapons and so on...

Imo doctrinal infantry upgrades could also come with tech cost giving the player the choice weather to invest in infantry upgrades to get better infantry options or to follow normal tech up.

The current CP limitations don't really work since one can spam infantry and just wait to reach the CP requirements that will allows his numerous infantry to become superior.

still... im not sold at this time about ost rifles being good for balance... quick team weapons is a decisive difference between ost and usf. rifles are meant to bridge that and having access to both might be too much.

i could get behind treating doctrinal units as extra-core instead of a bonus of sorts, it would add another layer and admittedly, it seems to be the trend we are seeing, so it might be best to go all in instead of half assing it. some units should simply be T0 others both call in and t0 (infiltration units) with a slight discount, imo. call ins are too reactive and less premeditated, less tactical and less punishing.
17 Oct 2018, 10:33 AM

still... im not sold at this time about ost rifles being good for balance... quick team weapons is a decisive difference between ost and usf. rifles are meant to bridge that and having access to both might be too much.

i could get behind treating doctrinal units as extra-core instead of a bonus of sorts, it would add another layer and admittedly, it seems to be the trend we are seeing, so it might be best to go all in instead of half assing it. some units should simply be T0 others both call in and t0 (infiltration units) with a slight discount, imo. call ins are too reactive and less premeditated, less tactical and less punishing.

Having 5 men long range grenadiers vs 4 Lmg grenadiers will simply boiled down to one being superior to other and no brainier choice.

Doctrinal upgrades should be designed for synergy with stock units (even if that comes with multiple restrictions) and not simply replacing them. So they need to bring more to table or/and add strategical/tactical options and utility.
17 Oct 2018, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 10:33 AMVipper

Having 5 men long range grenadiers vs 4 Lmg grenadiers will simply boiled down to one being superior to other and no brainier choice.

Doctrinal upgrades should be designed for synergy with stock units (even if that comes with multiple restrictions) and not simply replacing them. So they need to bring more to table or/and add strategical/tactical options and utility.

They both bring different things. The lmg is centralized dps designed for bursting down models, the drawback being fragility. 5 man squads are potent, still quite accurate but locking out the lmg is a tall order especially when the enemy is still arming themselves, the most obvious advantage is durability but the new free med kits is pretty bloody cool too. They both have a place I feel and making them rifles might negate choice because a 5 man, accurate on the move unit in itself if great (see rifles who are designed to operate with no support at all and stg volks who are designed to make support obsolete)
17 Oct 2018, 21:30 PM

... They both have a place I feel and making them rifles might negate choice because a 5 man, accurate on the move unit in itself if great (see rifles who are designed to operate with no support at all and stg volks who are designed to make support obsolete)

Both riflemen and Volks have access to weapon upgrades the suggestion for 5 men grenadier is that are about riflemen level and are there to protect LMG grenadiers from being rushed.

They will simply not be able to operate on their own because they will lose to allied infantry that have upgraded with weapons.
17 Oct 2018, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 21:30 PMVipper

Both riflemen and Volks have access to weapon upgrades the suggestion for 5 men grenadier is that are about riflemen level and are there to protect LMG grenadiers from being rushed.

They will simply not be able to operate on their own because they will lose to allied infantry that have upgraded with weapons.

Let me point out that neither rifles nor volks have access to snipers supporting them or a very powerful HMG right from get go.
17 Oct 2018, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 21:34 PMKatitof

Let me point out that neither rifles nor volks have access to snipers supporting them or a very powerful HMG right from get go.

Let me point out that 5 men grenadier are not available from the get go since the require CP2.

Let me also point out that my suggestion about 5 men grenadiers, also suggested a tech cost attached to them, being more of choice in investing on infantry at the cost of delaying vehicles.
18 Oct 2018, 02:38 AM

I'm sorry vipper, I don't see it. Think you could post a consolidated "plan" so to speak for them? Is it all 5 g43? Same vet? same target size? Same tools?
18 Oct 2018, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 21:51 PMVipper

Let me point out that 5 men grenadier are not available from the get go since the require CP2.

Let me also point out that my suggestion about 5 men grenadiers, also suggested a tech cost attached to them, being more of choice in investing on infantry at the cost of delaying vehicles.

Are they call-in or upgrade from vanilla grenadiers?
If they are CP2 call-in: let's talk about it
If it is an upgrade from vanilla grenadier: nop nop.
18 Oct 2018, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2018, 21:51 PMVipper

Having 4 man grens with good team weapon support that scale into 5 man ost rifles is still much different from starting with only rifles and then getting like half your team weapons depending on what tech you go for as usf (because of wonky teching). The former provides infinitely better scalability than the latter, which would be a problem. On top of this, pgrens already exist as aggressive mobile midrange infantry anyway, and would do a much better job in almost all situations than riflemen with 5 garands. Remember that pgrens are almost always going up against rifles with at least a single BAR and can often handle rifles with two when they’re vetted.

So it’s paradoxically a bit overly scalable and superfluous at the same time
14 Dec 2018, 00:18 AM

Surprise-surprise. Dane was right.

Completely unusable profile, because even unupgraded rifle squads like Conscripts and Riflemen, as well as specialized upgraded squads like PTRS-equipped Guards, simply turn and focus fire the instantly wipeable four-man Stormtrooper squad, regardless of how much space there is between them and the flanking Stormtroopers when the Stormtroopers turn a corner and start rushing in.

There is absolutely no way to use close-range weapon profiles against anyone with half a brain. Countering them doesn't require either tactically savvy positioning (like having an HMG WAY in the back behind your frontline) or careful army composition planning (like ensuring you group long-range units into squads with automatic weapon wielding units to prevent flanking rushes).

Simply no reason, at all, to play Ostheer with a focus on infantry still. Especially with JLI now being so much better now for OKW and allowing OKW to basically have an Ostheer-flavored play style without the instantly wipeable infantry squads.
14 Dec 2018, 00:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The necro is real.

/locked
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias