Login

russian armor

Panther, why does it have heavy crush?

5 Oct 2018, 12:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I don't know why the Brummbär has it.

It helps with its pathing. It is quite expensive and only fires in one direction. Unlike tank destroyers, its targets, infantry, can be not as accessible to medium crush. Tanks have turrets so it matters little on how they approach their target in order to allow their gun to fire. In a lot of maps, the Brummbär would have trouble moving around in seeing how it has poor accelerations and rotation. Additionally the Brummbär is not the most accessible thing when comes to teching.
5 Oct 2018, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 12:00 PMLago

I think you're thinking of CoH 1 here.
possibly. Tank traps are not used to stop tank most of time but as cover and very really I have to deal with them in game.

On an another note and since tank traps are in scope there should be some to changes about them like:
cover to yellow (used as trap not cover)
able to be dismantled by certain units (assault engineers?)
normalize stats (hp, armor, build time size there differences if remember correctly)
some ballistic weapon damage resistance so that tank can not shoot them so easy
5 Oct 2018, 12:16 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 11:52 AMVipper

Maybe its dozer then?

No, the thing that determines whether something can be crushed or not is the crush flag the vehicle has and the "impass" values of the structure. The dozer has heavy crush. (all information assumes that there is nothing weird going on in the cheat mod and that I looked up the correct unit and structure in the game files)

Back on topic: I also looked at the game files for the panther. While there was no answer as to why it should have heavy crush, it is interesting that it is actually not flagged as a heavy_tank but a heavy_vehicle and a medium_tank, just like the dozer or all other medium tanks for that matter. So it doesn't seem to be following the logic that the game classes it as a heavy_tank and that's why it has crush.

That's all I can and am willing to contribute to the question as it seems to devolve into a balance discussion. :)
5 Oct 2018, 13:27 PM

I'd give heavy crush to all mediums just to improve pathing. I really suck at preventing stupid behavior of my vehicles.
5 Oct 2018, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 11:26 AMVipper

Ro.Eng can do a similar thing and Churchill(?) as doctrinal units go.

Oh yeah,i forgot the Churchill. But isn't it (or should be) a heavy tank?
5 Oct 2018, 13:31 PM

The Sherman weights up to 38 Tons (depending on the model), the T34/85 up to 35 tons, the Comet 33 tons.
So this small difference makes the difference if you get heavy crush or not? I dont think so.
Besides, the Brummbär weights 28 tons !?!?!?

No man, its has not heavy crush.

Look at this video from 12:20 till 12:50. You cant do what the Pershing did at 12:40 with a M10.

I confused it with M10's ability to run over infantry. My bad
5 Oct 2018, 13:33 PM

I confused it with M10's ability to run over infantry. My bad

That is another ability called "crush humans".
5 Oct 2018, 13:59 PM

Oh yeah,i forgot the Churchill. But isn't it (or should be) a heavy tank?

It is a heavy tank although "Infantry support tank" is better description.

The classification of tank according to weight changes thru time, the PzIV to A-D was probably considered "heavy" in the beginning of the war.

Being able to clear obstacles offers allot of utility and if in your opinion this creates a "balance" advantage I would be more worried of being available for free with low cool-down to Ro.E and Assault engineer (can also be achieve with demos from a number of unit for a cost) from the start of game than in late game tanks.

I actually use Ro.E allot to clear the line of sight for mg in buildings without the added danger of damaging the structure in processes as when trying to get the same effect using a tank.
5 Oct 2018, 14:16 PM

I'd give heavy crush to all mediums just to improve pathing. I really suck at preventing stupid behavior of my vehicles.

Hell no!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS