Login

russian armor

Panther, why does it have heavy crush?

5 Oct 2018, 09:30 AM

Can someone elaborate that? What's the logic behind this?
As far as i know the Panther is a medium Tank and they don't have heavy crush.
I know that the Brummbär has also heavy crush and i kinda get it on this one but why the Panther?

Thanks in advance.
5 Oct 2018, 09:33 AM

It weighs 45 tonnes
5 Oct 2018, 09:45 AM

And USF's M10 has heavy crush, but it's a Tank Destroyer
5 Oct 2018, 10:06 AM

Can someone elaborate that? What's the logic behind this?
As far as i know the Panther is a medium Tank and they don't have heavy crush.
I know that the Brummbär has also heavy crush and i kinda get it on this one but why the Panther?

Thanks in advance.

Heavy crush help with the mobility of a unit since it can crush some objects instead of going around them.
5 Oct 2018, 10:08 AM
Patrion 14

No, the M10 has medium crush, meaning that it cannot break hedges and similar environmental obstacles.

As to the question of the thread, I sadly do not know the answer but the panther also used to have heavy crush in coh1 (if I remember correctly), so that might be why. Due to its armour and the health bonuses at vet 2 it comes very close to a heavy tank.

The pershing is another medium tank with heavy crush.

Comet, oddly, even though it is somewhat similar to the panther doesn't. So there is no clear distinction as to what medium tank does get heavy crush.
5 Oct 2018, 10:10 AM

It weighs 45 tonnes

The Sherman weights up to 38 Tons (depending on the model), the T34/85 up to 35 tons, the Comet 33 tons.
So this small difference makes the difference if you get heavy crush or not? I dont think so.
Besides, the Brummbär weights 28 tons !?!?!?

No man, its has not heavy crush.

Look at this video from 12:20 till 12:50. You cant do what the Pershing did at 12:40 with a M10.

5 Oct 2018, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 10:06 AMVipper

Heavy crush help with the mobility of a unit since it can crush some objects instead of going around them.

:D I know that, but why only this MEDIUM tank.

No, the M10 has medium crush, meaning that it cannot break hedges and tank traps.

As to the question of the thread, I sadly do not know the answer but the panther also used to have heavy crush in coh1 (if I remember correctly), so that might be why. Due to its armour and the health bonuses at vet 2 it comes very close to a heavy tank.

The pershing is another medium tank with heavy crush.

Comet, oddly, even though it is somewhat similar to the panther doesn't. So there is no clear distinction as to what medium tank does get heavy crush.

That's what i meant (why is the Panther the only one in the game).
I guess only Relic knows !?!?!?

5 Oct 2018, 10:20 AM

The Sherman weights up to 38 Tons (depending on the model), the T34/85 up to 35 tons, the Comet 33 tons.
So this small difference makes the difference if you get heavy crush or not? I dont think so.
Besides, the Brummbär weights 28 tons !?!?!?

So the Panther weighs about 25% more than any other medium tank. Combined with its size and armor, it would be considered a heavy tank if it wasn't for the Germans calling it a medium.

I don't know why the Brummbär has it.
5 Oct 2018, 10:29 AM

I have not check which units have heavy crush or not.

On the other hand I really find odd the fact that assault engineer and Ro.Eng can manipulate the environment similar to heavy crush with an ability that is free and has an extremely low CD. It make some sense for Ro.Eng to help them with emplacement building but the CD is low that they are far more effective in clearing terrain than vehicles with heavy crush.

No, the M10 has medium crush, meaning that it cannot break hedges and tank traps.

Panther does not seem able to crush tank traps either.
5 Oct 2018, 10:41 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 10:29 AMVipper

I have not check which units have heavy crush or not.

It does, just check the game files.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 10:29 AMVipper

Panther does not seem able to crush tank traps either.

No, it does not. Heavy crush does not allow to crush tank traps apparently. I seem to have mixed it up with okw tank traps/barbed wire, which can be crushed. Corrected the original post.
5 Oct 2018, 10:44 AM

It does, just check the game files.

I was not questioning weather panther have heavy crush or not, I simply do not have a full list of unit that have heavy crush which might help answering the question. The case of Pershing is similar for instance.

Heavy crush does not allow to crush tank traps apparently...

Some "super heavies" can crush tank traps if remember correctly but suffer a speed penalty.
5 Oct 2018, 10:58 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 10:44 AMVipper

Some "super heavies" can crush tank traps if remember correctly but suffer a speed penalty.

There is no distinction between the heavy crush of the panther and that of a tiger or elefant. I even quickly tried it in game. An elefant cannot crush usf tank traps.
5 Oct 2018, 11:00 AM

The game treats it as a heavy. It even uses heavy skins.
5 Oct 2018, 11:04 AM

There is no distinction between the heavy crush of the panther and that of a tiger or elefant. I even quickly tried it in game. An elefant cannot crush usf tank traps.

I know "heavy crush" ability is there or not but I am still under the impression that KT can crush them. Haven't checked though i am confusing with dozer which i think can crush them.
5 Oct 2018, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 11:00 AMLago

The game treats it as a heavy. It even uses heavy skins.

Yeah, right(Like the Pershing is a medium but in the game it is a heavy tank).
But isn't that wrong? What is the justification behind that?

In general:

My point is that in any case Wehrmacht has heavy crush with the Panther and the Brummbär.
All the other factions must choose a specific doctrine to get heavy crush.
Isn't this unfair (unbalanced)? Heavy crush can give you advantages in combat.
5 Oct 2018, 11:20 AM

Yeah, right(Like the Pershing is a medium but in the game it is a heavy tank).

But isn't that wrong? What is the justification behind that?

If you think about it, a light tank is a heavy vehicle compared to a car. It's all relative.

The Panther has Heavy Crush because it's heavier than the vehicles with Medium Crush.

The gameplay reason is they're big models and they were having pathing issues. The Brummbar Heavy Crush at least was patched in.
5 Oct 2018, 11:26 AM

My point is that in any case Wehrmacht has heavy crush with the Panther and the Brummbär.
All the other factions must choose a specific doctrine to get heavy crush.
Isn't this unfair (unbalanced)? Heavy crush can give you advantages in combat.

Ro.Eng can do a similar thing and Churchill(?) as doctrinal units go.
5 Oct 2018, 11:47 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 11:04 AMVipper

I know "heavy crush" ability is there or not but I am still under the impression that KT can crush them. Haven't checked though.

Checked in game and it does not crush tank traps, unless there is something weird going on with the cheat mod. The classification "super heavy" does not exist in the game. A KT is just a heavy tank like the elefant. I also checked the game files and the tank traps are flagged as impassible for heavy crush, so unless I looked at the wrong entry no tank crushes tank traps.
5 Oct 2018, 11:52 AM

Checked in game and it does not crush tank traps, unless there is something weird going on with the cheat mod. The classification "super heavy" does not exist in the game. A KT is just a heavy tank like the elefant. I also checked the game files and the tank traps are flagged as impassible for heavy crush, so unless I looked at the wrong entry no tank crushes tank traps.

Maybe its dozer then?
5 Oct 2018, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2018, 11:52 AMVipper
Maybe its dozer then?

I think you're thinking of CoH 1 here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %