Login

russian armor

Axis artillery/Lefh overperforming

PAGES (7)down
2 Oct 2018, 12:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Firing more shells with same accuracy means you have higher chance of hitting what you wanted to hit in the first place.

Ml-20 fires poopoo shells that dont even hit near the initial targeting circle
2 Oct 2018, 13:02 PM

allies have mobile arty,...which make it nearly impossible to destroy with callins and counter arty...
2 Oct 2018, 13:11 PM

allies have mobile arty,...which make it nearly impossible to destroy with callins and counter arty...

what part of panzerwerfer and stuka zu fuss are you incapable of comprehending?
2 Oct 2018, 13:12 PM

Ml-20 fires poopoo shells that dont even hit near the initial targeting circle

Again this is incorrect Ml-20 shell are superior to LeFH and the accuracy is the same.

Ml-20 will destroy an LeFH with 2 direct hits, while the LeFH need 3 direct hits.

Use sandbags to protect you artillery pieces from enemy on map weapons and repair them when they take damage. If you want you artillery to fire more accurately to not fire into the Fog of War but recon the area you want to bomb.
2 Oct 2018, 14:34 PM

A lot of team games are ruined by devolving into cancerous arty spam fests and both allies and axis are equally guilty of this.

The advantage and disadvantage balance of arty game play is further worsened in team games where teammates can cover your weaknesses while the extra players on the enemy team provide a target rich environment, making it very attractive to spam arty.

One big problem when dealing with static arty is the general lack of stock options for counter arty. More often than not, if you did not pick the specific commander with the correct counters, then there is little you can except play the dodging game - what fun!

There are a few trends I've noticed, which make it appear as if the axis have the arty upper-hand.

Allies team players tend not to pick commanders that can counter static arty, ie have both recon and off map. A lot of commanders don't have both recon and off map but players tend to have load outs that have neither. If players want to play team mode then they really really need at least one commander with an arty counter. If you are USF then make use of the Major's recon - its there, use it!

Majority of allied players also neglect anti-air units and let axis recons planes free rein just because they couldn't be bothered.

On the other side quite a few axis commanders that are quite meta, do have access to a recons which makes a huge difference to both their arty and counter arty play. LehF's appear to be really accurate because they can see what they are shooting at and where they they should be shooting in the first place. Or they using counter arty.

With that said, there is one arrangement which I consider particularly cancerous, that is OKW specOps flares coupled with other arty. This is nasty, because flares have no warnings or markers, cannot be countered or prevented and the ability has a short cool down. It allows the specOps players to provide near constant vision for the other players who are rocking arty or powerful offmaps, removing the natural barriers to using arty. The only thing you can do against this is run away and loose ground.

Static arty cooldowns also tend to be too short in my option. When they vetted up they can fire almost non-stop which is just excessive.

TL;DR: Axis and Allies both guilty of arty spam. Allied players tend not to bring arty counters coz they don't plan ahead and specOps flares are nasty and needs to be looked at (from a team game perspective). Arty cooldowns are maybe too short as well.
2 Oct 2018, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 13:11 PMgbem

what part of panzerwerfer and stuka zu fuss are you incapable of comprehending?

u joking, right?
this both are not exactly arties. this is rocket launcher.
a arty howitzer is the lefh18, b4, 152er, priest and so on...u need to leanr the facts.

and stuka has so much less range...if u want to shot on 4v4 maps into the enemy base you need to go behind the enemy lines...
2 Oct 2018, 14:44 PM

u joking, right?
this both are not exactly arties. this is rocket launcher.
a arty howitzer is the lefh18, b4, 152er, priest and so on...u need to leanr the facts.

and stuka has so much less range...if u want to shot on 4v4 maps into the enemy base you need to go behind the enemy lines...

if you cant use the stuka in a 4v4 to dominate the enemy then u need to l2p
2 Oct 2018, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2018, 14:44 PMgbem

if you cant use the stuka in a 4v4 to dominate the enemy then u need to l2p

where did i wrote that? quote it pls.
i make seroisu dmg with both..but the works only vs the front line ...maybe vs the 2-3 line...more and u need to stay at the front with both.
i said only the facts stuka/pw =/= howitzer arty.just tell me...whats the range from lef and 152 and pw or stuka...tell us.
2 Oct 2018, 15:26 PM

go any commander with an il2 bombing run and have an ally recon for you.

Thx! My work here is done. :D
2 Oct 2018, 15:27 PM

A lot of team games are ruined by devolving into cancerous arty spam fests and both allies and axis are equally guilty of this.

I completely agree with your points. Furthermore I'd like to add the problem that several factions lack commanders with appropiate off-maps to deal with howitzers. OKW for example only has the flame doctrine's rocket artillery and doesn't have a single doctrine with both recon and off-map.
2 Oct 2018, 16:08 PM

I completely agree with your points. Furthermore I'd like to add the problem that several factions lack commanders with appropiate off-maps to deal with howitzers. OKW for example only has the flame doctrine's rocket artillery and doesn't have a single doctrine with both recon and off-map.

exactly this. allie faction has the in the meta commanders (exspacilly in the team meta commanders mostly a good callin to destroy axis arty easily...while have own mobile arty the be shure to never be counter by axis (except by a tank rush)
2 Oct 2018, 16:19 PM

exactly this. allie faction has the in the meta commanders (exspacilly in the team meta commanders mostly a good callin to destroy axis arty easily...while have own mobile arty the be shure to never be counter by axis (except by a tank rush)

I guess you have never heard of jaeger armor doctrine or assault support doctrine. :)
2 Oct 2018, 16:22 PM

I guess you have never heard of jaeger armor doctrine or assault support doctrine. :)

oh thats are two. wow. so much chossing possibiltys. so much NON-META-Commanders. seems like you would choose ostwind callins and 4model sqauds jäger for 4v4, right?? lolo

never seen this in 4v4
2 Oct 2018, 16:38 PM

I think the real problem is Special Operations Flares. Because recon makes artillery pieces very potent. So good teams build AA so recon won't give them great accuracy. However, you can't shoot down flares and OKW pretty much HAS to go Spec Ops on big games...
2 Oct 2018, 17:10 PM

oh thats are two. wow. so much chossing possibiltys. so much NON-META-Commanders. seems like you would choose ostwind callins and 4model sqauds jäger for 4v4, right?? lolo

never seen this in 4v4

Oh wow, that is the case for allies too. :)

I am only going to name commanders that are competitively viable. There are other choices, but no decent player is going to pick them.
2 Oct 2018, 22:28 PM

never seen this in 4v4

Seriously? You are such a noob... forti specops and luftwaffe are meta commanders used constantly in 4v4s... even nonmeta commanders like breakthrough and elite armored are dominant in 4v4s... stop spreading misinformation... if you cant learn to use your tools from what is one of the best factions ingame then accept that you simply suck...
2 Oct 2018, 22:29 PM

where did i wrote that? quote it pls.
i make seroisu dmg with both..but the works only vs the front line ...maybe vs the 2-3 line...more and u need to stay at the front with both.
i said only the facts stuka/pw =/= howitzer arty.just tell me...whats the range from lef and 152 and pw or stuka...tell us.

Stuka + IRHT is very dominant in 4v4s... dont try to bullshit me ive played mostly 4v4s with my comrades... only recently did i enter the 1v1/2v2 field...
3 Oct 2018, 00:04 AM

Meh it’s pretty balanced IMO. It’s not really stronger than any of the other artillery guns.
3 Oct 2018, 00:18 AM

LeFH needs to be strong to counter Sim City commander

but it also reloads like instantly off cooldown, I remember vipper complaining sexton if it is buffed would haven quick cooldown and be OP....

well this I see the same issue, nerf it but give it a bunker buster ability so it can still hurt emplacement.

3 Oct 2018, 00:45 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

What lemon said. ISU-152 commander has IL2 "delete this" run. Try that one.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W