Login

russian armor

Relic is Streaming, also multiplayer partisans

20 Sep 2013, 12:00 PM

I have an idea for a new commander. Take 5 random abilities/call ins ( including guards or shock troops), call it "Heavy medium infantry tanks support assault tactics". Sell it.
20 Sep 2013, 12:29 PM

perfect doctrine
20 Sep 2013, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2013, 21:37 PMNoun
We made an error during the Stream and put up a graphic showing off the 1941 ToW Commanders that were being added free into multiplayer.

Here is the updated image. Apologies.

Updated: Here is a link to a larger version of this: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7311/9825693584_b98656d6c0_o.png

You didn't add something new. Are you sure this is the correct one?
Lol.

When are we gonna get call-in infantry for Germans? Give me the awesome Fallschirm Gewehr 42, they sounded so fucking awesome in CoH1.. fallschirm jaegers plz!
Hux
20 Sep 2013, 13:42 PM
Patrion 14

perfect doctrine

lol, burn!

Stormtroopers over Falschrimjaegers. If it does have to be them, they wont be beaming into the nearest building this time. Storms wouldn't be camoflauged all the time either so it would be pretty sweet to see them both in.
20 Sep 2013, 14:22 PM

I have an idea for a new commander. Take 5 random abilities/call ins ( including guards or shock troops), call it "Heavy medium infantry tanks support assault tactics". Sell it.

I felt i said this when i first read the "commander's name" during beta.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/8284/relic-is-streaming-also-multiplayer-partisans/post/77555
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS THIS THIS THIS; LISTEN TO LORD!

20 Sep 2013, 14:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

As Peter said, something NEW is coming on their next cast, just wait a bit :P
20 Sep 2013, 15:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Is it just me, or did that new 3v3 map look a lot like The Scheldt?

-computerheat: Not a Scheldt pr0. And didn't watch the 3v3 game; just saw the minimap.
20 Sep 2013, 16:46 PM

-computerheat: Not a Scheldt pr0. And didn't watch the 3v3 game; just saw the minimap.

Map was taken from ToW mission vs AI
20 Sep 2013, 16:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

In general it does feel only 50% like Scheldt.

Its size favours arty usage, but since it's winter it has a lot of space to move from one side to the other. It will be a great and fun map for casual players.
20 Sep 2013, 17:30 PM

who won that 3v3 i watch up to the developer guy lost all his p4s then my lunch break is over so i don't know the ending.
20 Sep 2013, 17:53 PM

For those that missed it, here's the stream recording:
http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/463523399

Not sure why Relic keeps forgetting to post links to these, and on their youtube account. This stuff is always important.

Here's hoping that the "new" stuff isn't just for ToW.

ToW is great, but I think people are still looking for more stuff for multiplayer than even what they showed in the livestream.

The community is suffering a bit right now, something really new besides some commander remixes and a new map is in order. It could revive interest enough to bring back some who have drifted elsewhere.
20 Sep 2013, 18:25 PM

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Relic please give Germans an elite infantry call-in. I was really disappointed when the "Storm Doctrine" didn't have that.

One thing really missing from the game is call-in Elite infantry for the Germans, so making a doctrine called "German Infantry Doctrine" with no such infantry is like we're getting trolled. I don't see the point of releasing "new" commanders that are simply re-arrangements of the old ones.
20 Sep 2013, 18:52 PM

panzer pioneers here!

more expensive pioneers that kills faster, and can set demo charges and satchels xD

just a suggestion
20 Sep 2013, 19:14 PM

Did I understand it right that the commanders will be free for everyone? Because that is what one of the explanations in the beginning sounded like.
20 Sep 2013, 19:50 PM

panzer pioneers here!

more expensive pioneers that kills faster, and can set demo charges and satchels xD

just a suggestion

Or maybe the actual storm-pioneers. All in all, good idea.
20 Sep 2013, 20:39 PM

It's true Dave and do not think that Relic isn't aware of these issues, but these guys are balancers and they work to balance the game the best they can, they have no decisional power on the other issues you meantioned.

That's fine and all, but I am over this game and thus falling into the category of people who don't really want to play it anymore because it just isn't A. fun or B. heading in any sort of recognizable direction that has any sort of cohesive thought process.

I was very skeptical, vocally so, as Relic limped into this release and put out a product that is far and away inferior from their first attempt 6-7 yrs ago. It takes a critical mind who has a working knowledge of the essence (the guts) that made the first game so compelling and I'm not convinced, in fact I KNOW, that this group of designers lacks that specific skill set. The game just doesn't play correctly; it's in a very awkward state. There is no fluidity across the meta in single player and team games. That's a tough thing to flesh out in more detail (I think it is a product of many issues that are constantly being addressed with the doctrine trees, unit balance, maps, etc), but I think you get what I am saying.
Hux
20 Sep 2013, 20:47 PM
Patrion 14

That's fine and all, but I am over this game and thus falling into the category of people who don't really want to play it anymore because it just isn't A. fun or B. heading in any sort of recognizable direction that has any sort of cohesive thought process.

I was very skeptical, vocally so, as Relic limped into this release and put out a product that is far and away inferior from their first attempt 6-7 yrs ago. It takes a critical mind who has a working knowledge of the essence (the guts) that made the first game so compelling and I'm not convinced, in fact I KNOW, that this group of designers lacks that specific skill set. The game just doesn't play correctly; it's in a very awkward state. There is no fluidity across the meta in single player and team games. That's a tough thing to flesh out in more detail (I think it is a product of many issues that are constantly being addressed with the doctrine trees, unit balance, maps, etc), but I think you get what I am saying.

Stick around. Seriously. whatever you do, just don't completely give up on it. With more people around here giving criticism it cant get worse....
20 Sep 2013, 22:36 PM

panzer pioneers here!

just a suggestion

+1

seriously i can't understand why pio can't setup demo charges, i want to blow up some bridges few times and i don't have anything as a german to kill that bridge fast
20 Sep 2013, 22:50 PM

I wish they would replace the ml20 with the is2 and that would be my favorite doctrine, in the shock army.
21 Sep 2013, 00:34 AM

It's true Dave and do not think that Relic isn't aware of these issues, but these guys are balancers and they work to balance the game the best they can, they have no decisional power on the other issues you meantioned.

I really fail to see how does that help Dave or the rest of COH community in any way....

Are you saying that Relic is aware of these issues but people who make Decisions, simply don't give a flying fuck about Dave and rest of the community? because thats what it sounds like to me.

Ok then, fair enough Balancing Devs, thank you for trying to balance the game the best you can. Why should I keep playing the game if people who make decisions:
a: don't give a fuck
b: won't do anything about issues their customers are having, because they don't give a fuck
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 52
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment